Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think it's a great idea if written in a way that made it clear that Rexxar felt like he HAD to come back, step up and lead. Or Saurfang.

Reluctant leaders usually make the best leaders
    It's too late for that though. They would at least have to had brought him in by 5.1. They can't just throw him into SoO amid all the characters storylines that have been building this expansion and thrust him into warchief position with no buildup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    would be great if this lead to ogres being a playable horde race.
    yes, I would like this more my self. Rexxar have been gone so long anyways. Getting Warchief might not be easy.

wtb Rexxar race leader for ogres and Alleria race leader for High Elves next expansion. Doubt it'll happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It's too late for that though. They would at least have to had brought him in by 5.1. They can't just throw him into SoO amid all the characters storylines that have been building this expansion and thrust him into warchief position with no buildup.
    This is true.

Well...I could perhaps see a storyline where Rexxar stomps out of the wilderness with an army of Ogres at the last minute to "save" the Horde from Garrosh.

It will be interesting to see who Blizzard chooses to be Warchief, in any event. I would have liked to see Sylvanas as a contender, but I think at this point she and the Forsaken are more likely to pursue their own agendas than take over leadership of the Horde.

Please no deux ex machina. We have PLENTY of characters and races to showcase as it is without Rexxar showing up out of nowhere with ogres.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this Rexxar talk....now i wanna play WC3 again.....

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamer View Post
    Now all we need is Anduin to strike the final blow into Garrosh as revenge from dropping the bell on him and he would probably at the very least get a great deal of respect among the horde.
    Anduin strikes me as similar to Frodo, as in not having killed or even harmed a single thing his entire life, yet
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Please no deux ex machina. We have PLENTY of characters and races to showcase as it is without Rexxar showing up out of nowhere with ogres.
    It's better than "Garrosh possessed by Sha of Pride" which is nearly inevitable at this point D:

And Rexxar needs some love, even if he doesn't make the cut as Warchief.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And Rexxar needs some love, even if he doesn't make the cut as Warchief.
    thats the thing with Warcraft, there are just such a wealth of characters, both major and minor, there simply isnt enough content to go around
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Rexxar will not be the next warchief simply because he has not been mentioned AT ALL this expansion(unless I am completely mistaken).
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Varian Wrynn new Horde Warchief.
    Merged factions next expansion.
    Sounds to me like a pack of wolves that follows a horse as pack-head. I mean, they will just try to eat the horse in the end.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They even once said Thrall would return to us and we'd get our leader back, which looking at the way things are going, Thrall won't return to lead the horde again.
    Thrall's return would be amazing but lorewise doesn't literally make sense, not after he harshly judged himself that despite all his supposed wisdom, he wasn't able to keep together the Horde and that his "human side" didn't let him to fully understand his people; the fact that Garrosh turned to be in what most of us expected by the beginning doesn't change this fact. The only way for make a Thrall's return belivable and succesful would be a change of mind of both him and his people, so that their different views become a lot less different. Vol'jin's statement that his father fortold of Thrall as the orc that would have brought the Darkspear to their destiny, and not Garrosh, sounds like as Thrall's role in the Horde is not completely done, still Sen'jin's prophecy may would have refered just to Thrall leading the Horde in Kalimdor. So i don't know.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-31 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool yeah but at this point there has been no mention of him in the current story that's taking place so I HIGHLY doubt he will be the next Warchief. Maybe we might see a surprise appearance of him like maybe him helping out the Horde to defeat Garrosh but I think that'll be about it. I do wish though Rexxar would be more involved in the story especially the story that's going on now.

I'm still holding on to my hopes of Saurfang becoming new Warchief. Then hopefully if WoW survives this long, when Saurfang's time has passed, maybe Nazgrim (if he turns out to be on the good side which I'm hoping for) could be next Warchief.

Which actually brings up the question: Where the shit is Saurfang anyway?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-05-31 at 02:48 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Rexxars been around since vanilla
    as in he hasnt been a part of the plot since pre-wrath. -.-' and that still makes my point valid.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Which actually brings up the question: Where the shit is Saurfang anyway?
    Thrall runs off to Orgrimmar in the 5.3 questline (despite Vol'jin saying, "go to Orgrimmar?! You'll be killed on sight, mon!") because he wants to save his people...since he believes not all of them could have sided with Garrosh. He mentions Saurfang as one of the people he wants to find in Orgrimmar.

So, I guess he's in Orgrimmar hiding out somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    as in he hasnt been a part of the plot since pre-wrath. -.-' and that still makes my point valid.
    and even though, what he did in tbc literally felt like nothing. He discovered where he came from.. and it didn't even show his reunion with his people. pretty lame when you consider. He then pops up when org is attacked by dragons.. and thats it. And in vanilla he handed to a quest.

I appreciate Rexxar as a lone wolf character popping up sometimes, but he really hasn't had any good development since wc3. All his characterization was built up before wow, and thats all people people think of him from.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 05:51 PM ----------

Thrall runs off to Orgrimmar in the 5.3 questline (despite Vol'jin saying, "go to Orgrimmar?! You'll be killed on sight, mon!") because he wants to save his people...since he believes not all of them could have sided with Garrosh. He mentions Saurfang as one of the people he wants to find in Orgrimmar.

So, I guess he's in Orgrimmar hiding out somewhere.
    see that again makes no god dam sense, if Saurfang is back in orgrimmar, wouldn't we know about it by now. Wasn't he last in northrend remaining at warsong hold because of dealing with the death of his son? So he's meant to have just appeared out of nowhere, like Rexxar?

You can actually hear Deus ex machina shouted out if to listen hard enough to there talk.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-05-31 at 04:52 PM.
    #boycottchina

We don't know if it's deus ex machina yet. Saurfang hearing about Garrosh's misdeeds and deciding to leave Northrend in order to find out wtf is going on in Orgrimmar is pretty logical from a lore standpoint.

Now, if Saurfang magically appears at the end of SoO raid and saves the day, that would definitely fall under the category...yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Now, if Saurfang magically appears at the end of SoO raid and saves the day, that would definitely fall under the category...yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen. D:
    That already happened in Northrend. First time is cool, other ones not, cliquè's stink.

Anyway Saurfang magically appearing in Orgrimmar would not be complete nonsense, by indeed would seem extremely strange, especially if we consider that we didn't have any kind of hint about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chen Stormstout. You all must wear fur coats from now on.

Probably not. All I know is that if some Blood Elf becomes "Warchief" of the Horde then I'm transferring everything to Alliance.
    Sylvanas for Dark Warchief!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Chen Stormstout. You all must wear fur coats from now on.
    You joke, but I have actually been pretty worried this may happen. Vol'jin and company have been talking about how the Horde is family nonstop. That's been Chen's focus this entire expansion.

My skin crawls just thinking about it. I really hope it is only coincidence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Probably not. All I know is that if some Blood Elf becomes "Warchief" of the Horde then I'm transferring everything to Alliance.
    Sylvanas for Dark Warchief!
    so wait.. your transfer over if lor'themar, a blood elf, becomes warchief because you'd hate that, but you'd support it if sylvanas became warchief, who is also an elf of the same nature, but slightly worse being a walking corpse?

Let me guess, it doesn't matter who's warchief if they have boobs?
    #boycottchina