Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Thrall runs off to Orgrimmar in the 5.3 questline (despite Vol'jin saying, "go to Orgrimmar?! You'll be killed on sight, mon!") because he wants to save his people...since he believes not all of them could have sided with Garrosh. He mentions Saurfang as one of the people he wants to find in Orgrimmar.

So, I guess he's in Orgrimmar hiding out somewhere.
    Oh yeah that's right I remember that. Must be one hell of a hiding spot then lol. Next time I'm on I'm going to take a couple minutes and look around to see if I can find him.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Really, it makes the most sense for the Horde to be governed by a council. That's sort of an ironic twist considering how the Alliance seems to be moving toward adopting a "High King" with Varian.

What I don't want to see is an orcish Warchief who again dominates the Horde with his constituents. The Horde is not Orcs + some others, it's a lot more balanced out with its member races... and I have a feeling the Orcs will see a real population decline if most of them throw in with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    so wait.. your transfer over if lor'themar, a blood elf, becomes warchief because you'd hate that, but you'd support it if sylvanas became warchief, who is also an elf of the same nature, but slightly worse being a walking corpse?

Let me guess, it doesn't matter who's warchief if they have boobs?
    You guessed wrong, now calm down. As long as it's not a Blood Elf, I don't care. I want an Orc to be Warchief, but wouldn't mind if a Troll or Tauren took the position.

Sylvanas would be an interesting Warchief, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Sylvanas would be an interesting Warchief, though.
    I don't think so, i would never trust someone like Sylvanas to lead the Horde, a Warchief should be someone that somehow care for the whole faction, and Sylvanas...simply don't, she lead the Forsaken for her own reasons, and care little else, plus she's growing in vanity and arrogance, which is not an amazing thing.

She would become in no time a second Garrosh, just with a reversal role, caring just for the Forsaken, a little bit for the Blood Elves and treating with little to no consideration the Kalimdor races, pretending obedience when wanted and giving no support when needed. The only difference would be the lack of the obsessive pride, daddy's issues and the extreme warmongering against the Alliance, but for the rest any non-Forsaken race would be easily treated as cannon fodder with little remorse.

For me, while the new Horde is not orcs-centric like the Old one, the Warchief should mostly be an Orc, a Tauren or a Troll, since these three races effectively founded this Horde. But, if this is not the case, i would gladly prefer Lor'themar, damn, even a goblin that is not Gallywix as Warchief rather than Sylvanas. Yeah a "goblin warchief" is even awful to read, is just for making clear how much i would avoid any chance of Sylvanas take such position.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-01 at 03:31 PM.

Interesting thing... Rexxar is one of the heroes in Hearthstone. Even though he has be absent from the whole expansion his inclusion in that game is interesting. Also, it would be very easy to include him in and write him in the game with 5.5 give him a scenario that takes place in Outlands, and say we need a fresh person to lead the horde, one who hasn't been corrupted by The Sha. Thrall would gladly give him the job too, they're friends.

Deleted
    Rexxar charging into Orgrimmar riding on Misha and swinging his 2 huge battle-axes, with a legion of Stonemaul Ogres behind him, would be EPIC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this thread even here?

'I think Rexxar could be the next warchief, despite him having no involvement in the current story, not showing up for anything since TBC, and not showing up even in sound files for 5.4'.

What you think would be 'cool' about it is based on nothing. And you also don't understand anything about the character himself, because if you did, you'd know that he's not a political figurehead, he doesn't like to lead, he does his own thing and wanders, he isn't warchief material in any way.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Trassk, I have explained at least twice in this thread, and you have ignored it every time. I brought up Kairne as an example, yet it flies by you every time. Better question, why are you even here? Do you post just to post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Trassk, I have explained at least twice in this thread, and you have ignored it every time. I brought up Kairne as an example, yet it flies by you every time. Better question, why are you even here? Do you post just to post?
    Say it then, ask you dam question. I really don't fancy backtracking though tons of post to answer your inane question.
    #boycottchina

He hasn't done anything since.... almost forever ? Why should he deserve to be the Warchief of the Horde ?

And besides,he would not accept ,he is a loner and does not like to be among many "people".

Deleted
    >>>Come at me, bro! My name is Trassk n I got 10k posts!<<

Rexxar was Chieftan of the Stonemaul ogres, he isn't getting any younger either so he might wanna settle down a bit and become a leader like his father is, it might be "his time" to assume such a role. As for his character, well Kairne wanted to roam free in the barrens n not lead the entire Tauren race + he didn't intend to challenge Garrosh for the Warchief title, but he did lean that way. If characters/lore are too linear, we might as well stop playing this game.

I was hoping Rexxar would be in 5.4, but it looks like I will be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account

Rexxar was Chieftan of the Stonemaul ogres, he isn't getting any younger either so he might wanna settle down a bit and become a leader like his father is, it might be "his time" to assume such a role. As for his character, well Kairne wanted to roam free in the barrens n not lead the entire Tauren race + he didn't intend to challenge Garrosh for the Warchief title, but he did lean that way. If characters/lore are too linear, we might as well stop playing this game.
    Rexxar is a wanderer. Why would he possibly want to settle down as Warchief?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    The answer was in the quote, Auxis. What is the nature of Kairne's character? and the question becomes, does Blizzard let lore be linear according to characters? If we are to blindly be linear then lots of lore choices wouldn't make sense.

Thrall's infant son has a higher chance of becoming the next Warchief than Rexxar does.

I believe they will assume Thrall to be the new racial leader of the Orcs with the term Warchief eliminated forever and it will be a high-council of Horde races leading the new Horde.

Deleted
    Rexxar is the Champion of the Horde, have you not played WC3? He saved the Horde and you compare him to some infant?

Council? Dwarves have one, lets all have one? This game needs 'pull' leading figures, can't all have councils...

Deleted
    I can see Rexxar only really lead someone when it comes to a personal connection since he likes being alone, wandering. I mean by that, that he could be a faction leader of the (half)ogres if they would become a playable race for the Horde.
    Since a special character dies in the SoO raid, I would love to see some more ingame lore around characters like Rexxar, maybe Mankrik or the Gobsquad.

this would give blizz the incentive to make ogres a player race since rexxar is a half breed.

SPOILER:

Honestly though, of all characters, Gamon kills Nazgrim, maybe we will see something happen there too hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account

for the fact you seem to like Rexxar, you really have a bad time understanding his character.

Have you ever read beyond the dark portal? I have, and Rexxar showed in this how much he hated what the orcs do when they turn into assholes, he actually left the horde, turned his back on Grom and those orcs left, telling them they are fools who only sort conflict for the sake of it.

Liking a character, and understanding there character are two different things. It seemed this extends to many players these days, people thought they knew Garrosh, but didn't want to acknowledge the bad things he was doing. You seem to be following this with rexxar, in you like him, but you don't understand how the character works in the story.
    #boycottchina

Rexxar is the Champion of the Horde, have you not played WC3? He saved the Horde and you compare him to some infant?

Council? Dwarves have one, lets all have one? This game needs 'pull' leading figures, can't all have councils...
    At this point they should do away with the position of warchief, or I guess they haven't learned what happens when you put 100% of power in the hands of one individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"