Rolling Lei Shen lockout

We finally got DA down last week and managed to put in ~25 attempts on HC LS. We're getting to the 2nd intermission pretty regularly, and actually feel pretty good about it.

However, I (MT) will be MIA for 2 raid days this week So, we're looking to roll the lockout and push for a kill tonight instead of reclearing. At this point, most of our 10m is 530+ anyway, so it's just an execution issue, not a gear wall.

Before we get our mains saved to this, I had a question though.... Can this lockout be rolled, or do we need to re-clear for the week to engage LS on HC? I know that Sha was buggy if you didn't do all 3 on HC that week sometimes, and just want to know what to plan this week. We got an alt saved (just in case) to go in and test it, but didn't know if it was possible.

Also, how many attempts did it take you guys to down, and what was your biggest hurdle? We're losing folks in the 2nd transition due to what I can only surmise is bad RNG with chasing down bouncing balls and then getting Helm'd

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Honestly the hardest part is the transition, people will blame RNG for everything related to it but people need to know what they can do to counter every set of issues during the encounter before you can consistently kill the boss.

As for helm w/ bouncing bolts, after the Overcharge everyone should move toward the front of the room until helm comes out (about 1-2 seconds after Overcharge explodes), at this time they should also be looking for bouncing balls to see where to move next; right after helm goes out anyone not chosen for helm needs to soak bouncing balls, and depending on the people on platform a helm player can try to soak one (though I don't suggest this w/ out some good cds).

There are a lot of tricks to staying alive during transitions and it takes a lot of focus, once you can consistently get through the transitions though it shouldn't take much longer to master phase 3 (though it is a pretty difficult phase in its own right).

Yes you can extend lockout, the guild im in did that to get a kill on Tuesday as well.

Hardest part of the fight is by far phase three.

we had p3 wipes 100 pulls before we got a kill if that helps any so good chance your at least another full week away.

just need to sort out WHICH ranged is on WHICH corner in p3 and make sure ranged AND melee help out on soaking bouncing ball

most of our wipe came from not killing ball lightning fast enough

remember in phase 3 after 4th ball(we use grip on 1st and 4th) you should really burn boss otherwise the next wind is going to destroy your raid

about extending lockout, dont do this my personal experience with previous tier and extending lockout is horrible, missing a week worth of loot can really affect your dps which equals to kill secure (besides raden orb is bit of ranged dps check)

and gl on lei shen
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Thanks all.

We extended due to MIA's this week which would have prevented us from even getting to/ putting in any attempts on LS this week, otherwise we would have re-cleared.

Still stuck firmly in the 2nd intermission Given the amount of time people are saying that p3 takes to learn, we still have a long way to go I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...