Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Err, scoundrels get rolls?

Sorry, stopped reading there. Might have to reactivate just a LEEETLEBEET.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Err, scoundrels get rolls?

Sorry, stopped reading there. Might have to reactivate just a LEEETLEBEET.

Yeah, and when out of combat they can roll like a mad man. Its near impossible to catch a Scoundrel/Operative healer that is hell bent on escaping.

Here is a video showing the power of rolling in Huttball. Just watch the first few minutes though to see how fast the Operative can get the ball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ2aUSc_InM .

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, and when out of combat they can roll like a mad man. Its near impossible to catch a Scoundrel/Operative healer that is hell bent on escaping.

Here is a video showing the power of rolling in Huttball. Just watch the first few minutes though to see how fast the Operative can get the ball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ2aUSc_InM .
    I can roll with my operative now but I hadn't have the chance to play King in Huttball.... .

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be 100% honest. I've planned on rolling (pun intended) a healer for the past month and have been tossing back and forth between Operative and Sorcerer. A lot of what it boils down to is the Operative roll looking like hella fun vs. sitting in an invincible bubble while DPS patiently waits. Both have huge troll potential.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 10:57 AM ----------

I finished the Imperial side of the Makeb storyline the other day, and I have to say that it clears a lot of Makeb's issues up. Also, the Imperial storyline is a lot better imo. It had a lot of opportunities to pull some pretty bad ass stuff, and you actually end up doing good (albeit for selfish reasons). It also clears up some of the issues I had with the resolution of the Republic side of Makeb's storyline.

This is some great information to see. I know now what to look forward to at end game.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-06-06 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I can roll with my operative now but I hadn't have the chance to play King in Huttball.... .
    It isn't as great as it may seem. Rolling costs A LOT of energy and unlike WoW energy regen is done on a tiered basis where the more energy you have the more energy regen you have. If you empty out rolling you're not healing or doing any significant healing and it takes quite a bit of time to regen back enough energy to get back up.

Also if you are snared you only roll half as far and in huttball if you have the ball you are automatically snared slowing your roll so to speak.

All that being said rolling is a very valuable tactical option for the scoundrel and when used wisely can mean the difference between life or death.

This is the first mmo where I have a "Guilty Pleasure" feeling. I actually really like Swtor, I love the story and the way I can talk to the NPC's. I am not big into "action combat" in mmo's, so TAB Target style mmo's do not bother me.

What I dislike, to put it lightly, is EA. They are a bunch of greedy & arrogant scumbags. So evertime I want to log on and play Swtor I feel bad, lol. I want to pay $15 a month and support this game since I enjoy it. I don't care for some of the things that Bioware has done with Swtor, but they are not too bad. As time goes on I hope they learn from their mistakes. But I feel like EA is holding them back, there have been posts by CM's from Bioware and I can sort of tell there is a bit of sadness behind the text.

Like I said, I want to support Bioware. But if I do I am basically supporting EA as well. Yea I know, probably what I am saying is dumb. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    It isn't as great as it may seem. Rolling costs A LOT of energy and unlike WoW energy regen is done on a tiered basis where the more energy you have the more energy regen you have. If you empty out rolling you're not healing or doing any significant healing and it takes quite a bit of time to regen back enough energy to get back up.

Also if you are snared you only roll half as far and in huttball if you have the ball you are automatically snared slowing your roll so to speak.

All that being said rolling is a very valuable tactical option for the scoundrel and when used wisely can mean the difference between life or death.
    rolling is faster than force run and even with empty energy bar... interrupting one guy tapping is the most easiest with the roll. Same goes for rolling through fire and due to the "lag" issue in Huttball... as soon as you see a stealthed operative unstealth, catching the pass and roll through the firepit over the finish line is almost not interruptable because roll is not "visible" but you rather appear few meters ahead.

It just added a new level of lolwtf to Huttball where everyone thought forceleap already clinched the top spot.

rolling is faster than force run and even with empty energy bar... interrupting one guy tapping is the most easiest with the roll. Same goes for rolling through fire and due to the "lag" issue in Huttball... as soon as you see a stealthed operative unstealth, catching the pass and roll through the firepit over the finish line is almost not interruptable because roll is not "visible" but you rather appear few meters ahead.

It just added a new level of lolwtf to Huttball where everyone thought forceleap already clinched the top spot.
    To cover the same distance rolling (while snared with the ball) as one leap would take 5 rolls which if you are full on energy you might be able to do. Plus rolling doesn't allow you to go up or down geometry. While not snared it would be a little less that 3 rolls which will leave you with very little energy for any damage.

Don't get me wrong rolling is a very valuable tactical option but in terms of moving the ball in huttball it is still inferior to leap and in terms of interrupting a cap instant ranged ground AOE is the best for that which the OP/Scoundrel does not have. Where the roll is superior is getting away and creating distance because of this OP/Scoundrel healing in PvP is probably the best there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian/Juggernauts are still superior ball carriers in Huttball without a doubt. As you mentioned Revik, the ability to traverse the Z-Axis is a gigantic advantage. Also consider that a Jugg can leap to both friendly and hostile targets, reset his hostile leap with force push, and (if specc'd properly) is immune to movement impairing effects shortly after a leap.

Operative rolling is still hot. They can be the first to grab the ball, and in a clutch situation make some good plays (like an Assassin). But the Jugg is still the King of Huttball.

Deleted
    Guardian/Juggernauts are still superior ball carriers in Huttball without a doubt. As you mentioned Revik, the ability to traverse the Z-Axis is a gigantic advantage. Also consider that a Jugg can leap to both friendly and hostile targets, reset his hostile leap with force push, and (if specc'd properly) is immune to movement impairing effects shortly after a leap.

Operative rolling is still hot. They can be the first to grab the ball, and in a clutch situation make some good plays (like an Assassin). But the Jugg is still the King of Huttball.
    There you've gone and done it, open that wound that was just starting to heal

I was just getting over that damn change to unstoppable and you go and rub it in my face again

But yes, Juggs/Guardians must be the kings of Huttball, the leaps get you from ball spawn point to end zone in 4 GCDs if people are positioned correctly.
    Last edited by mmoc53c2ae6845; 2013-06-13 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stance dance bro! Its old school. =)

Huttball was such a great pvp map that Firefall is stealing it (jetball)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Huttball was such a great pvp map that Firefall is stealing it (jetball)
    'Cept with jetpacks. But, seriously, Huttball was brilliant PvP design. If only BW could have put that kind of effort and innovation into the rest of the game.

To cover the same distance rolling (while snared with the ball) as one leap would take 5 rolls which if you are full on energy you might be able to do. Plus rolling doesn't allow you to go up or down geometry. While not snared it would be a little less that 3 rolls which will leave you with very little energy for any damage.

Don't get me wrong rolling is a very valuable tactical option but in terms of moving the ball in huttball it is still inferior to leap and in terms of interrupting a cap instant ranged ground AOE is the best for that which the OP/Scoundrel does not have. Where the roll is superior is getting away and creating distance because of this OP/Scoundrel healing in PvP is probably the best there is.
    Yet to leap you need to have someone standing there which often isn't the case if your random team just battles each other in the middle. Anyway.... I'm just someone who thinks that Bioware should force people more to "play" Huttball rather than force one team member through half the zone. To me it should be about great passing/ positioning rather than... yeah we have a Juggernaut/ rolling-/ force speed class. That's why I would grey out these abilities for someone carrying the huttball

Yet to leap you need to have someone standing there which often isn't the case if your random team just battles each other in the middle. Anyway.... I'm just someone who thinks that Bioware should force people more to "play" Huttball rather than force one team member through half the zone. To me it should be about great passing/ positioning rather than... yeah we have a Juggernaut/ rolling-/ force speed class. That's why I would grey out these abilities for someone carrying the huttball
    I get what you are saying but in no way can an operative/scoundrel be a 'juggernaut' that can take a ball from beginning to finish. Even with healing the operative lacks the defensive cooldowns or mitigation to withstand any sort of focused fire. This is primarily the reason why I have no issues with rolling.

Personally I think huttball is more balanced between classes now then ever before. Previously operatives/scoundrels or commandos/merc didn't really bring much to the table for huttball. Now they do and I think what we are experiencing is actually seeing those classes being useful for a change as opposed to the uselessness that we used to take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I have noticed with Operative/Scoundrel Rolling is that the system has a weird way of registering it. Basically, it treats it almost like a delayed teleport. That means the player is immune during the actual roll animation. That might not sound like much, but I've had CC fail due to the timing of the Roll. I would be okay with the Roll completing, then applying the effect of the CC, but right now it just eats my CD if my timing sucks.

I still think Roll is an excellent ability and has a lot of really good uses that makes the Operative much more useful in Huttball. Unfortunately it also has some issues I would like them to look at. Really it just applies to Huttball though. I haven't noticed Operatives rolling up a storm anywhere else except for escapes.

The only issue I have noticed with Operative/Scoundrel Rolling is that the system has a weird way of registering it. Basically, it treats it almost like a delayed teleport. That means the player is immune during the actual roll animation. That might not sound like much, but I've had CC fail due to the timing of the Roll. I would be okay with the Roll completing, then applying the effect of the CC, but right now it just eats my CD if my timing sucks.

I still think Roll is an excellent ability and has a lot of really good uses that makes the Operative much more useful in Huttball. Unfortunately it also has some issues I would like them to look at. Really it just applies to Huttball though. I haven't noticed Operatives rolling up a storm anywhere else except for escapes.
    What I get from this post is that it is an overall a positive change with some possible quirks to work out. I can live with that.

What I get from this post is that it is an overall a positive change with some possible quirks to work out. I can live with that.
    yet when an operative can roll to the middle, pick up the ball before anyone else (other team had a sorc/ assa with predation), pop his defensive cooldown and roll over to the air vent to end up on top in front of the firepit just to roll through... and so on into the finish and he then just popped vanish to negate the guys which came out of their spawn area. Now please don't consider that I'm saying he is rolling all the time but please imagine a force speed with higher force costs but no cooldown... that's what the new roll is. Not on par with force speed (which could be a direct comparison), more freedom than leap (as does force speed) so again.... they notched it up but had to put it above everything else for no reason.

How can you talk about mercs in the same sentence..... ? Are you refering to electro net which is amazing to hold of a ball carrier yet still makes you a poor target for carrying a ball? So we've got agents with roll, sith warrior with leap, sith inquisitor with force run and bounty hunter with... oh well powertech can gain a leap in their tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure adding a CD to the roll would fix any issues, and I would prefer something a little more elegant. Right now an Operative with Predation can get to objectives well before anyone else. Its a little scary to see it in effect on Huttball, but downright terrifying in Voidstar or Alderaan.

The rolling issue isn't rampant. I've only seen a few people use it in a manner which I would call it OP, but in these instances it was always in a premade group that tailored to abuse their composition. The bigger issue, imo, is the raw healing power of the Operative. I've gotten to the point of tearing my hair out when it comes to dealing with Operative healers.