Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is best race choice for horde unholy DK pve ?

Deleted
    Hey guys, I was wondering how Frost is shaping up in Legion since it kinda sucks atm and I don't really want to play Unholy for another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    What is best race choice for horde unholy DK pve ?
    Blood Elf seems to be the best now, arcane torrent is still quite strong even without breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Putnik View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering how Frost is shaping up in Legion since it kinda sucks atm and I don't really want to play Unholy for another expansion.
    From what I've seen, unholy is doing quite well beating out frost in many situation, with frost showing some possibilities with scaling to win on ST fights.

With Legendaries will being fully tested it's hard to know for sure but most of the dks I've seen testing on Beta/Alpha n whatnot are playing unholy.

Deleted
    Hello everyone ,

Wanted to ask if now , it is worth going Castigator over CS even at low crit numbers? ( like 1500 crit , 2k mastery , 2.5k haste)

What is the race to go for as blood death knight when it comes to racial bonuses? I'm clueless about this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desma View Post
    What is the race to go for as blood death knight when it comes to racial bonuses? I'm clueless about this.
    Blood elf is the best by a mile, just like in WoD.

Frost DK's, how do you deal with the excess of Runic Power?

I never have this issue with unholy, but I find myself over-capping on RP as Frost because of how often you can spam Obliterate.

Also is Remorseless Winter worth using as part of the ST rotation?
    Last edited by Rhodianni; 2016-08-01 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Hi, again!
    I've a question about the Unholy Bonus 4 of Hellfire Citadel!
    When you cast Dark Transformation you should get two buffs "Crazed Monstrosity" and "Death Dealer", but I never get both but only the first while I've seen in some logs that some DKs (not everyone..) get both. Is it anyway broken? In one week of raids I've never got the "Death Dealer" buff, while I've seen that a DK got it in a raid 3 days ago.
    Does anyone have a clue on this? Why isn't it working properly? Did anyone else noticed it or am I doing something wrong?
    Please help

EDIT (read):
    I've investigated and actually seems that "Death Dealer" is the buff provided by the PvP bonus 4 but on some logs it appears to be active on some dks using the pve bonus?? I really don't understand all of it
    This is one of the DKs that managed to have buff https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=6

RE-EDIT: I've found an answer ^^ some swap set right before pull in order to trigger the PvP bonus set 4!
    Last edited by mmoc38f036a8d0; 2016-08-03 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    The questions i have are aimed for single target frost dps.

1. Question regarding Avalanche - How exactly does it work?
    Tool tip say that for each melee crit during Pillar it hits all nearby enemies for X amount.
    Following scenario - 5 targets and i have picked Frostscythe talent - if I use KM boosted FScy and hit all 5 targets with it does it mean that Avalanche will hit every mob once(total of 5 hits) or it will hit for 5x5=25 hits?
    Does Obliterate and FS MH and OH components count for separate melee hits(meaning 2 procs from Avalanche) or they count for one melee hit(meaning only 1 proc from Avalanche)? If it's first case then using KM on Obliterate during Pillar should be better dps over FScy. Yes?No? If "No" why do you think so?

2. Why is Shattering Strikes pointed as best dps talent on the row for single target?
    In most guides i managed to read all say that Shattering Strikes is Best talent on the tier row. I do not agree with it. I did 1 hour dpsing the raiding dummy with 8 mins sessions. With 4p and Murderous Efficiency i gained at least 2k dps more, the gameplay is way more dynamyc and spamy and don't have downtime.
    P.S. if that is statement for 110 level then i can agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Blood elf is the best by a mile, just like in WoD.
    Belves Arcane Torrent should be strongest racial ability by far, aoe silence + RP for DS/BONESTOOOORM

Goblins rocket jump is cool aswell if you want extra mobility.

Unholy - 735 UeH or 745 EDH?

7+ Year Old Account
    For AoE, how many adds are required for Epidemic to be better than DND & SS spam? And during DnD, is it better to just use as many runes as possible rather than dumping RP?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrco View Post
    For AoE, how many adds are required for Epidemic to be better than DND & SS spam? And during DnD, is it better to just use as many runes as possible rather than dumping RP?
    Scourge has no target limit, once you are in DnD scourge will hit everything "nearby" which is basically everything in DnD. Epidemic should only be used on adds that are too spread to cleave with Scourge or if DnD is on cooldown.

DC is always the lowest priority in both AOE and ST, but you should avoid capping in every situation so bleeding off RP after every few runes is good practice as it'll keep Runic Corruption rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: What races are simming the highest for each spec? Thanks to anyone who links me any graphs.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    Q: What races are simming the highest for each spec? Thanks to anyone who links me any graphs.
    The difference between them is super minor so not really something to worry about but that being said the current stands seems to be:
    Troll (H) Human (A) for Unholy
    Blood Elf (H) Human (A) for Frost

For Blood its really survivablity vs damage,
    Night Elf 2% dodge
    Tauren Stam
    vs
    Blood Elf RP
    Troll Haste
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2016-08-15 at 08:36 AM.

@Blood dks:

which heirlroom trinket will you use? tank or dd one?

Quote Originally Posted by cocobello View Post
    @Blood dks:

which heirlroom trinket will you use? tank or dd one?
    At least at higher gear levels where there isn't that much of a risk in dying, I would say the dps one especially if there are adds to get killing blows off of. If you are having survivability issues the tank loom could be nice, but I haven't had any since the patch hit.

Deleted
    Hello! As legion draws close and I have been playing my DK as main since WotLK, are there any good blogs/sites for death knight parses/talents/bis lists etc. now? Son of a lich seems to be a bit dead and since Skullflower doesn't write stuff anymore, I don't know where to get info now, other than here at MMOC. Also personally I don't think Icy-veins or wowhead is truly viable, atleast for mythic?
    ALSO I do know Bis lists and so on are not to be trusted yet, because Legion isn't really here, but any place where they will eventually be written?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Hello! As legion draws close and I have been playing my DK as main since WotLK, are there any good blogs/sites for death knight parses/talents/bis lists etc. now? Son of a lich seems to be a bit dead and since Skullflower doesn't write stuff anymore, I don't know where to get info now, other than here at MMOC. Also personally I don't think Icy-veins or wowhead is truly viable, atleast for mythic?
    ALSO I do know Bis lists and so on are not to be trusted yet, because Legion isn't really here, but any place where they will eventually be written?
    For Parses/talents/somewhat BiS lists your best might be to use warcraftlogs itself, as you can what everyone is doing talent/gear wise quite easily now if you go to the boss page. Here is Unholy on Archimonde and at the top you can see the more popular talent build, and then next to each individual parse you can see the talents/trinket/legendary used. Likely with it being this easy to see what everyone is using now on WCL it will be a amazing source for legion after a few weeks of raiding. You can also see what gear they used in more detail with the drop down next to each name. You can also always check out the most recent logs coming in under the all reports tab and there are quite a few DK tests done.

For more discussion based stuff you may want to check out the #Archerus live chator the Death Knight Discord server. There is also this google doc that from what I understand is a combined work of the above two sources and is constantly being updated with new information. And as always there is this little known sight called "mmo-champion" *cough* that has good discussion.

For BiS lists I'd check all sources (as I plan to) including WoWhead/Iceyveins even if in places there guide is incomplete. Likely once someone fixes the sim profile it will have a properly loaded BiS list and that will be spread around.

I am a super new Blood DK, and just new to playing a tank spec in general, and I'm trying to figure out the best rotation for just doing quest content. Should I just be spamming heart strike and death strike?

It gets the job done but I'm wondering if utilizing other abilities like marrowrend and blood boil would be quicker over all.

I kind of understand what to do in a dungeon environment where I want to keep up bone shield stacks and save death strike for healing, but when it comes to just trying to kill some things as fast as possible I'm not sure what to do.