Deleted

[Question] Why EA\BW wants our paypall account information ?

Hey,

I am just curious, why they want that data ?

For all services i used paypal, they require only my paypal account name but when i wanted to check what is needed for paypal for sw tor, i discovered i need also to give them

My paypal email adress, my paypall adress, my city and my zip code.

Most of them are already in, because i wrote them when i was creating the sw tor account.

I do not want to give them my paypal email, i want to avoid giving it to anyone.

Normally when i clicked paypal, i was redirected to paypall itself.

I would be thankful for info about this.

Thanks

Have a nice day

Sew

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say for sure, but it *could* be something along the lines that they get a better rate with PayPal by getting more information from the user. Similarly with CC Processing at my job, I can drop the percentage the processing company takes by inputting more info. That's my only guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I can't say for sure, but it *could* be something along the lines that they get a better rate with PayPal by getting more information from the user. Similarly with CC Processing at my job, I can drop the percentage the processing company takes by inputting more info. That's my only guess though.
    I think it is that reason. Also, in case there are any issues if you do buy something having more information makes it easier to resolve the issue (in a general sense).

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    It's actually related to fraud. The more info a user can provide, the less likely the charge is fraudulent. However, the more info that is required, the less likely the sale is to convert, even for legitimate customers. So the CC company encourages the merchant to ask for more information, making up for the lower conversion rate with lower fees.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It's actually related to fraud. The more info a user can provide, the less likely the charge is fraudulent. However, the more info that is required, the less likely the sale is to convert, even for legitimate customers. So the CC company encourages the merchant to ask for more information, making up for the lower conversion rate with lower fees.
    This is absolutely the reason. Paypal is much cheaper to use, but it is also a bit less secure than a standard CC company. It seems like it would be the best choice, but it is very easy to hack/abuse. I stopped using PayPal after a close call on Craig's List. Fortunately, I paid close attention before making a purchase cause the seller was arrested that evening, and I read about it 2 days later just before making my purchase.