Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Titan project "reset", delayed until 2016

Venturebeat broke the news earlier today that Titan has been "reset" and will be delayed until at least 2016. The decision was announced to employees a couple of days ago and sources close to the project gave us more details on the subject:

• Blizzard felt that Titan wasn't going in the right direction and decided to make significant technological and design changes to the game. This happened in the past with Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
    • A smaller dev team will be in charge of redesigning the project and about 60 or 70 developers are being moved to other teams (WoW, Blizzard All-Stars, Diablo 3 expansion, Battle.net)

Blizzard didn't officially comment on the subject yet, hopefully this is a step in the right direction and Titan won't have the same fate as Starcraft: Ghost.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2013-05-28 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was sudden. Can't wait for Titan.

Deleted
    No titan at Blizzcon this year then

Doesn't even surprised me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Venturebeat broke the news earlier today, Titan has been "reset" and will be delayed until at least 2016. The decision was announced to employees a couple of days ago and information from sources got us a tiny bit more information on the subject.

• Blizzard felt that Titan wasn't going in the right direction and decided to make significant technological and design changes to the game. This happened in the past with Starcraft or Warcraft 3.
    • A smaller dev team will be in charge of redesigning the project and about 60 or 70 developers are being moved to other teams (WoW, Blizzard All Stars, Diablo 3 Expansion, Battle.net)

Blizzard didn't officially comment on the subject yet, hopefully this is a step in the right direction and Titan won't have the same fate as Starcraft: Ghost.
    Oh Wow, that's nuts. Well I'm glad they're trying to make it the best and Yay more devs for WoW, Allstars and D3 III
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

if a new season of arrested development can come out, I have faith in titan not being benched permanently.

Just cancel it already.

Nobody wants this.

I can very easily wait for something when I don't know what it is.

Don't mind the delay. As they say, they're not making pizzas.

Saw it coming. Still it's a bit sad that we didn't even get to see a glimpse of what it was before, perhaps they might share some of the work they had done?

Deleted
    So I guess "Titan" is the next WarCraft movie ... I'm disappointed.

Here is to hoping that Blizzard releases work that will never go public when the game actually releases in some fashion. Always interested to see the inner-working of never-to-be-released games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bye bye Titan. Guess it's time for Blizz to take a long hard look at WoW because the cow certainly doesn't seem like it's going to make it that far (to 2016) or that much further in general actually. Can't imagine them squeezing much more than two more (serious) expansions out of WoW, not at the rate they're going anyways.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-05-28 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    if a new season of arrested development can come out, I have faith in titan not being benched permanently.
    ^This guy. I like him.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Bwahaha. It always baffled me how people would put so many thoughts and desires into thing that they know literally nothing about, except name. Hello! "Titan" is not some holy grail to replace and conquer everything else, it is just another project from Blizzard.

Deleted
    They have those guys that made decisions during diablo 3 development voicing their opinions..

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    hopefully this is a step in the right direction and Titan won't have the same fate as Starcraft: Ghost.
    The last game that had similar restructuring was Diablo 3.

It's not good either way IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Just cancel it already.

Nobody wants this.
    LOL! You have no idea what it even is yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, can't wait either!

Good to know still that Blizz will do what is necessary if things are not living up to their expectations.

Also good news for the products that will receive the additional developers.