Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can only be a good thing. And since we knew NOTHING about it before or how far along it was, we're still in the same position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who bought tickets to Blizzcon with the expectation that Titan would be rolled out in all of its whatever were likely to be disappointed in any case.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    anyone supprised?

To be honest I am, I was convinced it was pure vaporware. I'm shocked its even got to the stage where it can have a direction to travel in. Though after what Bliz did to wow, starcraft and D3, I'm not falling for it again, I'm definatly waiting to see what its like after it launches, and not buying into the hype for preorder.
    Of course it's vaporware, it hasn't been announced or confirmed as existing. Everything we know currently is all based on rumors including this setback. So why would you be getting your hopes up based on a name with no details at all what the game is about? It could be a children's game for all we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    How can people say this? We know absolutely nothing about Titan, other than its the next MMO by Blizzard. I know that being a Blizzard game alone gives it lots of praise but after the failure that was Diablo 3 and the direction that World of Warcraft is taking. I don't know if Titan will be the next best thing. I will say that Heart of Swarm was amazing so I'll give them credit where its due.
    Because not every1 hates D3(at least ppl that actually tried it lately) and some ppl actually like the direction wow is taking ?
    Also I'm curious to what it is so it's not really that I can't wait for the game but I'm excited to find out what it's about.

Titan was never meant as a replacement for WoW. I've read quite a few articles in which the developers expect both MMOs to co-exist. From what I had heard Titan was completely different from WoW. The way in which it was described it felt like PlanetSide 2 (FPS) mixed with various mythos. If Blizzard could coordinate a WoW expansion release alongside "Warcraft" -- I believe subs could very well surpass previous records. As of April, we know Legendary Pictures and Duncan Jones are actively working on the film.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw it's 2013 now. World of Warcraft was announced 3 years prior to release. They had been working on it for 2 years prior to the announcement so this fits that timetable.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Because not every1 hates D3(at least ppl that actually tried it lately) and some ppl actually like the direction wow is taking ?
    Also I'm curious to what it is so it's not really that I can't wait for the game but I'm excited to find out what it's about.
    Not to mention D3 prob has more active players than any F2P mmo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Blizzard has a bad track record with console games. Starcraft: Ghost, remember that? They should just give up on it and stay with the subscription PC game cash. It doesnt quite make sense that they are redesigning the game because it will be on a different system. All you have to do is change some programming, not the content of the game. And the new consoles are coming out this year, they will be old in 2016.

Anyway it doesn't surprise me that they would scrap and redo Titan since they do it with every game they make.
    Bioware should have done it with SWTOR. Instead, they went with the craptastic, HEROengine. I respect Blizzard for taking the necessary steps to put out a quality product. Personally, I would have licensed the Unreal engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Btw it's 2013 now. World of Warcraft was announced 3 years prior to release. They had been working on it for 2 years prior to the announcement so this fits that timetable.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 09:15 PM ----------

Not to mention D3 prob has more active players than any F2P mmo right now.
    D3 was bad at launch, it's since been way more polished but the negative impacts it had at the start are still around, and it still requires a lot of tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got out of this post was "Trion beat us the to punch with Defiance however small or large the player base may be" I hope that this delay makes for an amazing game in the way that the 13(?) year gap between SC 1 and SC 2. All they have done by this "delay" is increase the expectation of the fan base on how well this game should be! I hope they don't let us down!

Did someone say 'Duke Nukem Forever'?

kinda disappointed. only reason i got bizzcon tickets was to see titan info. guess its time to double the price and ebay em, really a shame.

Probably been said a few times in this thread, but this could mean good things for WoW if they're bring back some of the original devs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    kinda disappointed. only reason i got bizzcon tickets was to see titan info. guess its time to double the price and ebay em, really a shame.
    How can people even do this? How certain were you that Titan was on Blizzcon? It buggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Banit0 View Post
    That doesn't prove anything. They can easily just say that and people will believe it. If this article wanted to have any credibility they would provide an actual source. But people will assume there is no credible source because the employee's at Blizzard wouldn't want to lose their jobs if their caught leaking secret information in which case it doesn't make any sense for them to leak information.
    Sure, they should just burn their source and have the person fired. It would be better for everyone, right?
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-05-29 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaris View Post
    Reading between the lines, it's almost like they feel they're dropping the ball on their current projects, while focussing on Titan, and are trying to get their existing business back on track as well as what they say about Titan

Look at where they say they're sending their devs

WoW - In the middle of a disastrous subscriber decline, one of the largest they've ever had
    "Disastrous" is a pointless word, not to mention inaccurate in every possible definition in this particular context. Yeah, their subscription numbers have been dropping, but the VAST majority of the people who quit have been from the Eastern markets (China specifically), where they basically pay breadcrumbs to play compared to what we do in the west. So, in terms of actual profit, they're doing just fine. Also the WoW dev team has been growing steadily despite the decreasing subscriber numbers, which says quite a lot about how ridiculously profitable it remains.

Diablo 3 expansion - D3 launch was a mess, it was received poorly for several reasons, and continues to have problems with things like the AH
    Yes, the D3 launch was a mess. Blizzard have shown that they understand most of the issues though. Specifically with the PS3 announcement, it was pretty clear that they realised how the always online requirements and the AH issues were some of the main problems with the PC version. So, assuming they get that sorted out across the platforms, the only remaining major issue with the game will be the dreadful story / far too on-the-rails environments, which is the exact kind of thing a good expansion can rectify. That, coupled with the change in the top of the project management roster, means the D3 expansion has a very real chance of being able to redeem the game, at least in my books.

Blizzard All-Stars - repeatedly delayed, supposedly that one's been restructured already before.
    Uuh. You do realise they delayed and restructured the project because they turned it from a silly little SC2 mod / sideproject into an actual fullfledged standalone game, right? You are trying to make this out to be a... bad thing? lol.

Battle.net - see above regarding Diablo III, it's also not been without problems in WoW and Starcraft 2.
    I'm not sure what you're even trying to say with this. The revamp of the battle.net interface in HotS for SC2 has been nothing but positive. In WoW, the recent battle.net infrastructure additions have allowed people to play with their friends across realm with no loading screens, which is fucking awesome. The ONE negative thing I suppose, if you really wanna scrape the bottom of the barrel, is that you can't show as offline in WoW yet, but... really? This just seems like conjecture.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Well, so much for the big Titan reveal at BlizzCon in a few months, I guess. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's definitely atleast 3 more WoW expansions.
    2014, 2015 and 2016.
    No like we didn't know it would happen, but now they have pooled more resources back into WoW then it's defintely expected.
    I'd like to hope there is an increase of quality now due to the extra people, we can only hope.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Dark days ahead for Blizzard.. ouch.

Wonder how Blizz stock will react.

Blizzcon just got very boring. Enjoy your expansion reveals lol.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-05-29 at 02:32 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

That the games loses so many developers is even more disappointing than the time delay. Sounds like they've pretty much given up on it becoming the "next big thing" after WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is blizz able to build so much hype for a game we know nothing about amazes me lol
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"