Thread: BM/MM or SV/MM

BM/MM or SV/MM

My main specs is MM, I love it, just the feel of it. But was wondering for an off spec should I stick with SV or BM? I do pvp quite often (not high end with this guy) and I know BM was the pvp spec. But I noticed in bg's surv can put out some crzy good aoe pressure, just not quite as much burst. Just curious on thoughts about this? Like I said, i'm staying MM which I will play mostly (pve and pvp) but for the occasional change, just curious on my off-spec? And I have tried BM and it feels a lot more "clunkier" I guess is the word thank SV

I dont like pvp as SV. Altough I used it once on the Arena and it came out good (probably because people are not used to SV hunters).

If I were you I would go with BM cause it is still better pvp wise. As for pve both specs are very close now. BM might even pull ahead this patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go BM. You'll be hard to control with high sustained dmg.. You dont need AoE dmg in PvP, dont be that guy - breaking other peoples fears and then claiming to be the top dmg because of it. No. Just dont.
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Go BM. You'll be hard to control with high sustained dmg.. You dont need AoE dmg in PvP, dont be that guy - breaking other peoples fears and then claiming to be the top dmg because of it. No. Just dont.
    no no lol, wasn't meaning it like that lol, I hate guy like that. I'm an objective guy. Even if im like 3-8 as long as we win im fine lol. But I think I might try BM again, just for the burstiness of it. Even tho I do like my SV I'll give BM a chance again...Now on the topic of BM. What pet is best for a pvp game? I usually used my t-rex (for crit buff) or my sithilid (for web)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    no no lol, wasn't meaning it like that lol, I hate guy like that. I'm an objective guy. Even if im like 3-8 as long as we win im fine lol. But I think I might try BM again, just for the burstiness of it. Even tho I do like my SV I'll give BM a chance again...Now on the topic of BM. What pet is best for a pvp game? I usually used my t-rex (for crit buff) or my sithilid (for web)
    For battleground I use my spirit beast, mastery buff + some self heal. (Healers are are!). Arenas I personally use the Shale Spider: http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/shalespider.html - I havnt checked on its Web Cd since 5.3, but it made sense at the time. Will have to look into it
    Btw, if you need a spirit beast, theres one thats pretty easy to get. You just need 2 friends, or something like that. Will look into the info, if you need it

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 05:53 PM ----------

Found it for you, if you need it: http://wowrarespawns.blogspot.dk/201...-spectral.html
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is far superior to MM/SV in PvP, stick with it. Bestial Wrath is just too good to be matched.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    BM is far superior to MM/SV in PvP, stick with it. Bestial Wrath is just too good to be matched.
    I absolutely do not concur. There are pathing/speed issues with pets right now while mounted that can totally screw you as BM. I switched to MM and started pvping. Immediately I told myself I was not going back to BM. Binding shot, pet purely for utility, and our outstanding utility had me crushing people. Was not a single time that I was not highest damage, highest KB and HKs. The only issue I have run into so far as MM, is that chimera shot's heal doesn't seem to be working all the time. I did all this with the mastery build left over as BM. I am now torn over a crit or haste build.

Yeah I noticed the pet issues last night when I was testing out bm/mm. And if my pets not around I might as well be hitting them with a foam bat as BM. When as MM pets just kinda a bonus. But i'll see how they each kinda scale with gear abd everything, but for now MM takes my vote. But like Stalemate said, I have oticed a few times maybe 3/20 times or so (not very often) but chimera shot does not heal like it supposed to.

wtf r u talking about? lol

I tend to open posts in tabs, responded in the wrong one ><

lol I figured it was for the help our hunters dps post lol :P

10+ Year Old Account
    SV hunters aren't bad in the slightest. I was facing a SV hunter/Rdruid as Warr/Mw monk (me being the MW monk) and that hunter did INSANE amounts of pressure. He kept placing traps all over the arena to gain Lock and Load procs and unloaded those procs on my warrior, who basically ate 15k+ explosive shots (each tick) combined with 18k arcane shots and 9k serpent sting ticks was INSANE. He did about 2m more damage than my warrior did when my warrior FINALLY managed to kill the rdruid (after about 2-3 min) after which my mana was completely drained.

So don't underestimate SV. When you stack those LnL procs and unleash them, they'll do A LOT of damage.

BM is definitely the best PvP spec at this time for hunters. MM is making a small comeback, but it doesn't even come close to BM and its ability in PvP.