Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Another wow Expansion.. level 95? what then? level 100? We might as well play on fun servers then

Next expansion has already been announced, it's called "Legacy of the Zerg", and it will be based on the heroic lone Hydralisk which helped Tyrande during the Warcraft 3 Night Elf mission where she had to escape the Doomguards. After seeing the success they could stretch out of something like pandaren, Blizzard feels that all its Easter Eggs and April Fool's races should now get the proper attention they deserve in World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    there will probably be some sort of filler raid to tide us over if the next expansion takes longer than expected.

Patch 5.5 : Molten Core 2 : the burnerning
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    We MIGHT see Blizzard trademarking their new expansions name this summer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ariakan View Post
    It is a totally new game... ...Because they told so? Just because they say something about it doesn't need to be actually true. Especially since it will be a massive, secret project?

You.. sound paranoid, you remembered your tinfoil hat? They said it was going to be an MMO, and wasn't going to be set within a universe we know from previous games.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    BlizzCon isnt until November, 6 months from now, meaning patch 5.4 will be near its middle-end and that a new expansion would be hitting the stores soon. So wouldnt they announce the next Expansion long before November?
    On Friday at the developer discussion, someone jokingly asked what the new expansion was and the response was laughter and a "come to Blizzcon."

Obviously that's not a promise and Blizzard is not shy about changing things around if something else makes more sense later, but it just further reinforces my belief that Blizzcon will be the initial announcement.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    What I forsee at blizzcon 2013

Expansion V discussion/reveal.
    Diablo3 expansion discussion/reveal (its been out long enough).
    SC2 Protoss expansion discussion/reveal.
    Hearthstone content addition.
    Possible 5th game reveal/discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

A lot of people were expecting (I'm going with hoping) that 'Titan' would be teased at this year, and I could see that happening, minus a few things - this is going to be a BUSY Blizzcon no way around it. I believe it is in Blizz's interest to not show, or perhaps tease, any of that content especially with reset. They need something to announce next year and other than playable stuff, it seems like next year will be quiet. So IMO, I think Blizz needs to keep quiet on that MMO to get the most out of each Blizzcon. Def buying Blizzcon coverage this year!

Deleted
    Like my cited graph shows, Blizzcon is simply too late for an announcement.

They need:

- 2 months between announcement and beta at the very least.
    - 5 months (roughly) of testing.
    - 1 month (at least) between beta end and exp release, for final polish and marketing.

Additionally, we know:

- They want to avoid another 'DS'.
    - They are working hard to shorten down development cycles with a 'shorter expansion, shorter development cycle' motto.
    - 5.4 is the final major raid patch, i.e. the last patch of significant content for a majority of players before 6.0.

An announcement at Blizzcon places the release around July 2014, which means about 10-11 months of Siege of Orgrimmar. Exactly what they don't want, and exactly what would cause a minor disaster for the subscription numbers.

Announcing the expansion in August, however, allows them to keep a steady beta and marketing schedule and get the expansion out around April 2014, giving us only 7-8 months of Siege of Orgrimmar.

Anyone with a brain will see what is more likely.

Also, they can announce it this summer but leave the meat of the information for Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

What I forsee for BlizzCon 2013 if... Lots of drinks, fastfood and snacks and my gaze fixed onto my monitor for the live streaming.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Orly? And why is this? If they are pushing date, they could easily be ready to launch beta on the same day they make the announcement. There is absolutely no need to have any time between announce and release.
    There's plenty of reasons. They want the message to sink in; they want people to sign up, and afford themselves some time for a selection process; they want more time for marketing and hype, etc. I can cut it down to 1 month, but I simply do not see a major developer like Blizzard doing something as impulsive as announcing the game and opening the beta simultaneously. It simply isn't practical. Besides, one news point takes the spotlight off the other.

I don't believe previous expansions are anything to go by heading forward, Blizzard have stated several times they want expansions out quicker and content as a whole, there is no way in hell they'd wait another 10+ months after Blizzcon to release the expansion after the final tier is done.

I imagine they wonder "if ICC/DS didn't last so long how many more subs we'd still have".

Personally I think they'll announce the expansion before Blizzcon (~release of 5.4) and use Blizzcon for Diablo/SC and the opening of beta testing for the new expansion which could last until roughly February before a release in April.

I'd imagine that there WILL be a 5.5 patch. We normally get a .0 patch quite a way off the next expansion, with a load of extra stuff. I think instead they'll just do this as 5.5 with the new models maybe and a few quests around whatever world event will tie it into the next patch. I can't imagine there's going to be another raid though, even a 1 or 2 boss one.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Agreed.... the only question remains is, what is Blizz listening to? The voice of the consumer - or their accountants saying "Well, sir, it helped lock in over a million people before!"

...and never, EVER, underestimate the power of the impulse buying mentality. Looked how it worked for the PS4 six-months before its release! :P

Lastly, as somebody said above - it's got to be "one amazing Ballerina pony to get me to get the pass again". Who knows how Blizz may sweeten the deal this time around. Hell man - they might even throw in the next expansion for free. That would get a lot of people impulse-buying right away!
    I also think that any good accountant would realize that just because something worked once, doesn't guarantee it would work again.

But I can totally tell you, I would sign up for an annual pass or 6-month pass if it gave the expansion for free and I liked the look of the theme/content. Of course, I'm also a player that has and plans to play for a while longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything outside of Blizzcon doesnt make sense. A lot of you dont understand how marketing and Hype works. Blizzcon is a pretty important event in terms of announcment and hype, a lot of people watch it via online, its pretty much viewd by alot of online gamers, in some shape or form. So honestly, official annoucement before Blizzcon is pretty stupid. The whole ''but then beta would take too long!!!'' its pretty short sighted. They can announce it 8/9 nov and beta start like the week later, just like they did with the Press conferance for MoP in 2012. Beta could run of to like march and be completely on track.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ariakan View Post
    Okay, let's sum up some facts:

1. The next expansion should've be announced by now by all marketing strategies and Blizzard's usual need for aiming holiday markets.
    2. Since WoW has started to grow old and not to lure so many new players recent years, they have to be at least planning WoW2 or whatever you want to call it.
    3. They have announced they will tell more about Titan MMO this year.
    4. The most obvious way to keep hype not peak too early is to say "It is NOT WoW 2" (remember GW2 and all the jersey secrecy? well, this is the same, excep for Blizz).
    5. Announcing WoW2 and next expansion would cut purchases from the expansion.

--> Blizzard will announce Titan MMO is WoW2, hence there is no need to create an expansion but to start creating a hype this year. I mean, what would they have said? "Yes, we are working on Titan, se super secret project. And it will be WoW related."? Not likely. This strategy will give them time to develop in privacy, and create quite a magnificent surprise.

Logical?
    Okay... 1. They completely restarted the development of Titan so I doubt they'll be saying much about it at blizzcon besides some basic info

2. Titan has no connection to wow besides being made by blizzard

3. Blizzard have always said they'll make expansions/new content until people stop playing

4. Blizzard have already said many MANY times that they're making a new expansion

5. A game takes years to develop, especially an mmo, you mention GW2, do you not remember how long that was being made? (Literally years).

6. How would announcing an mmo about a completely different universe draw sales away from an expansion for another mmo especially when Titan won't be out for at least 2 years and the expansion would be released early next year?

I'm guessing you probably didn't see the news about Titan being 'restarted' otherwise you have high hopes for it being released soon

10+ Year Old Account
    My Guess is:

Mid August -- 5.4 release
    Early to Mid September -- Blizzard trademarks a a title and MMOC speculation explodes in full force
    Early October -- 5.5 announced
    Early November -- Blizzcon, next expansion announced, annual pass maybe announced
    Early December -- 5.5 release
    Mid December -- Expansion Beta Begins, honestly if the beta is open to masses again it will keep people subbed without new retail content.
    Mid January -- 6.0 coming to PTR
    Late Feb to Early March -- 6.0 released
    Early to Mid April -- Expansion release
    Last edited by Boricha; 2013-06-30 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Anything outside of Blizzcon doesnt make sense. A lot of you dont understand how marketing and Hype works. Blizzcon is a pretty important event in terms of announcment and hype, a lot of people watch it via online, its pretty much viewd by alot of online gamers, in some shape or form. So honestly, official annoucement before Blizzcon is pretty stupid. The whole ''but then beta would take too long!!!'' its pretty short sighted. They can announce it 8/9 nov and beta start like the week later, just like they did with the Press conferance for MoP in 2012. Beta could run of to like march and be completely on track.
    It is you who don't understand the way it works. Blizzcon isn't marketing, it's a fan service. Any news they can get out from Blizzcon to the world, they can do just as well on any other day of the year. The world press watches Blizzard constantly, and a game announcement would be front page news everywhere regardless if it's Blizzcon or not.

The fact that they traditionally announce a lot of games there has simply been a convenience, and an extra treat to the show's visitors and viewers. If they need to announce Exp V elsewhere, they will, and everyone will know about it within hours.

MoP press conference wasn't the announcement. It was just extra information for marketing in the magazines and the website articles. A week between announcement and beta isn't gonna happen, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    at the developer discussion, someone jokingly asked what the new expansion was and the response was laughter and a "come to Blizzcon."

Obviously that's not a promise and Blizzard is not shy about changing things around if something else makes more sense later, but it just further reinforces my belief that Blizzcon will be the initial announcement.
    It makes sense time wise. The big raid patches almost always stay on PTR ~2 months. So we can expect to see 5.4 in August, maybe early September.

So...
    5.4 in Aug/Sept
    Next expansion announced in Nov. (Possible Annual pass again)
    Beta started in Dec/Jan
    Beta will probably last 4-6 months.
    New expansion releases April-June. Any later than June and we'll certainly have a 5.5 patch in early 2014.

I don't expect they'll actually meet their 18 month time table (late March), but certainly before the 2 year mark (September).
    Last edited by Treeba; 2013-06-30 at 10:09 PM.

Personally I think they'll announce the expansion before Blizzcon (~release of 5.4) and use Blizzcon for Diablo/SC and the opening of beta testing for the new expansion which could last until roughly February before a release in April.
    04 nov 08 : End Beta WotLK
    13 nov 08 : Release WotLK

1.5 week

23 nov 10 : End Beta Cata
    07 déc 10 : Release Cata

2 week

25 sept 12 : End Beta MoP
    25 sept 12 : Release MoP

0 day

19 july 10 : End Beta WoL
    27 july 10 : Release WoL

1 week

01 mar 13 : End Beta HotS
    12 mar 13 : Release Hots

1.5 week

01 may 12 : End Beta DIII
    15 may 12 : Release DIII

2 week

Hummm, I just check and I wonder where you see 2 month betwen end beta and release?

For take back to the subject, i expect announcement at Blizzcon, no somewhere else.