Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nenshu View Post
    i only use tempest rush to gather large packs of mobs and to move around so sweeping doesn't run out, it doesn't drain much spirit because of inner storm regens 3 pr second at 3 stacks, beside i get additonal 15 spirit pr crit because of quickening rune on fist so i restore 21 spirit pr. crit and i use "the guardian's path" passive which increase my spirit regen by 35% when using 2handed. I do get low on spirit at times from moving and gathering but i have 51% crit so with quickening rune i get full spirit in no time so i can use bell all the time as it's my primary damage dealer

edit: 20mil is not much, but craft better shoulders your vile wards are pretty poor, i don't know why you use 4 set inna, but you can get cheap better witching hour with dex/vit, other than that the rest will cost a bit more upgrading, next would be a better skorn imo.
    The 4 set inna along with SoJ allows me to run TR permanently. I believe I even gain spirit. But like I said, that only works for lower MP. With the 144kish DPS I have I'm able to survive MP7 but things die fairly slowly.

Deleted
    yes upto MP8 i can just run around with TR killing mobs in 2-3 hit, MP8 feels like MP1 for me, but you have to build around MP10 and TR shouldn't be your damage dealer, should only be used to gather mobs or move around so SW doesn't run out 2 set inna, 2 set nat, witching hour and mempo with crit (andy high dex and vit if you can't afford mempo with crit), basically what i use works like a charm for MP10, i die occasionally to reflect because i kill myself but everything die super fast. if you were on EU i could farm with you so you could see how effective this build is.
    and you should ditch the SoJ, it doesn't give you anything other than elite damage and right now you can't handle MP10 so it shouldn't even be considered, i don't even use it myself because i lose so much stats if you look at my rings.. i'd rather have that than elite damage or spirit regen that don't matter
    Last edited by mmoc617c38325f; 2013-06-02 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should invest your money in me. For a small fee of 10 million gold, I will gladly aid you in whatever you need in game.

yes upto MP8 i can just run around with TR killing mobs in 2-3 hit, MP8 feels like MP1 for me, but you have to build around MP10 and TR shouldn't be your damage dealer, should only be used to gather mobs or move around so SW doesn't run out 2 set inna, 2 set nat, witching hour and mempo with crit (andy high dex and vit if you can't afford mempo with crit), basically what i use works like a charm for MP10, i die occasionally to reflect because i kill myself but everything die super fast. if you were on EU i could farm with you so you could see how effective this build is.
    and you should ditch the SoJ, it doesn't give you anything other than elite damage and right now you can't handle MP10 so it shouldn't even be considered, i don't even use it myself because i lose so much stats if you look at my rings.. i'd rather have that than elite damage or spirit regen that don't matter
    I believe my profile should link my "dps" gear although I use that term loosely since my DPS isn't great. It's about 135k with 400 resists and 36k hp or 144k dps with 300-350ish resist and 34k hp (I switch depending on what I'm doing). With that setup I cannot TR for long and am using more DPS type gear. With the infinite TR gear I'm sitting at about 111k DPS.

As for my damage, I don't use TR to kill mobs, I use WoL, I use TR to escape deadly situations. I only use the TR build for running MP1 act 3 for speed XP runs (nets about 11 mil in 14 minutes) but I have to circle back because on MP1 111k DPS is not enough to kill mobs in one pass.

I've got a mempo but it's pretty crappy. I'll take a look into what you suggested in terms of a mempo and a witching hour and see what I can do. Unfortunately the guy I run with hasn't been logging on and all we were doing was farming infernal machine keys. I got a decent hellfire ring and a second for my follower along with parts for 6 more. Leveling paragon level gets fairly boring so I'm getting tired of the game again unfortunately (I did break for 4-6 months).

Deleted
    Don't go with infinite TR, don't farm on MP1,2,3 etc.. you should be able to do like 6 or 7, leave the SoJ and get a proper dps ring with cc/cd/dex/vit, you only use TR when you gather mobs in f.x fields or hollowing, then you gather them, pop blinding, do a few fists to get fast spirit, then bell bell, fist the last few to death so you're full spirit, TR to next mobs, repeat.

don't use mempo without crit instead get an andy with high dex preferably 240+ and vit they shouldn't cost too much anymore, just copy my build and my gear (except mempo for now), only go for CC/CD on items you will get enough AS if you use the same leg/set items as i use, the more CC the more spirit you get, the more CD the higher bell crits, AS is not important.

i just came back from a 6month break as well about a month ago rerolled Monk and it's p70 now, really easy when i could just take my DH's gear and buy a skorn hehe

Don't go with infinite TR, don't farm on MP1,2,3 etc.. you should be able to do like 6 or 7, leave the SoJ and get a proper dps ring with cc/cd/dex/vit, you only use TR when you gather mobs in f.x fields or hollowing, then you gather them, pop blinding, do a few fists to get fast spirit, then bell bell, fist the last few to death so you're full spirit, TR to next mobs, repeat.

don't use mempo without crit instead get an andy with high dex preferably 240+ and vit they shouldn't cost too much anymore, just copy my build and my gear (except mempo for now), only go for CC/CD on items you will get enough AS if you use the same leg/set items as i use, the more CC the more spirit you get, the more CD the higher bell crits, AS is not important.

i just came back from a 6month break as well about a month ago rerolled Monk and it's p70 now, really easy when i could just take my DH's gear and buy a skorn hehe
    Why do people run with the +160 damage gem instead of the 100% crit gem? For a monk I'd think the crit damage is way better.

Also, how do you keep your SW up with the loss of the Inna 4 set (70 less cost to SW, makes it cost 5)? Do you just find mobs fast enough? Are you playing solo or with others? Does the build work when you're running with other people?
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2013-06-03 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    i used green gem before it's now in my amulet as you can see, however for bell the weapon damage is more important it scales after that, crit damage is important too don't get me wrong hehe, i got 495% cd i believe, i would have 605% with green gem, but red is superior for bell build

i just find mobs fast enough, when you TR and you crit on a mob on the way the stack refreshes, sometimes it run out but it's not a big deal 75 spirit is fast regenerated again 3 crits with fist. I play both solo and 3player games with a CM + WW, yes it knockback mobs but it can be a lifesafer and it has been a few times so far hehe but on white mobs in a 3player game only need 2 bells, it hits that hard, but as long your damage is not slowing your group down because you knockback on packs you're just fine

also i see that you use slipstream on TR, change it to tailwind, 25% movement really makes it so much easier to get around and pick up mobs, also on SW change rune to inner storm, the 3 spirit/sec is very useful f.x when running around with TR, and use conviction mantra with overawe, damage is your best friends as bell user and get exalted soul passive, must have as bell user!!!

edit: honestly your build is pretty fucked up for a bell user haha, copy mine it's okay
    Last edited by mmoc617c38325f; 2013-06-03 at 04:54 PM.

Get a crit mempo(expensive), EF offhand with crit damage and socket, crit nats ring with avg damage if possible, and keep crafting amulets shoulders and gloves. Your MH isnt bad but could be better, stick to axe/mace/spear and try to get the best weapon damage you can.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Why do people run with the +160 damage gem instead of the 100% crit gem? For a monk I'd think the crit damage is way better.

Also, how do you keep your SW up with the loss of the Inna 4 set (70 less cost to SW, makes it cost 5)? Do you just find mobs fast enough? Are you playing solo or with others? Does the build work when you're running with other people?
    because weapon damage with a max red gem is better than 110% cd. a lot of the attacks go off of your mh weapon damage. cd is also very easy to stack so one weapon gem slot isnt going to make or break the deeps.
    Inna's 4set is nice but not needed. I guess if you are always losing your stacks though 4set would be better.

also i see that you use slipstream on TR, change it to tailwind, 25% movement really makes it so much easier to get around and pick up mobs, also on SW change rune to inner storm, the 3 spirit/sec is very useful f.x when running around with TR, and use conviction mantra with overawe, damage is your best friends as bell user and get exalted soul passive, must have as bell user!!!

edit: honestly your build is pretty fucked up for a bell user haha, copy mine it's okay
    The slipstream helps with damage when doing MP7 with other people. It's 25% reduction in damage. Additionally most people can't keep up with a monk who is TRing and I've found that if I run past everyone else they stop to fight mobs and I'll be busy fighting an elite pack solo. So the movement speed isn't helpful to me at least not in multiplayer.

In regards to the rest of the build MoH:CB+SW:Cyclone vs MoC:Overawe+SW:Inner storm is about the same in terms of spirit gen. However for me, I keep up my 3 stack of SW by simply refreshing it every 5 seconds or so if I'm not near a mob because Inna's makes this only cost 5 spirit. To me it is just easier with MoH:CB because you always get the spirit so even if I let SW fall off I still am able to TR for long periods of time, way more than I could with SW:IS. So it's more of a I'm used to it than it actually being better. As I said before, the build is designed around an infinite TR though I generally don't do that when playing with other people or on MP7 so I should likely change it when I'm not running with them but again, I'm used to it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Get a crit mempo(expensive), EF offhand with crit damage and socket, crit nats ring with avg damage if possible, and keep crafting amulets shoulders and gloves. Your MH isnt bad but could be better, stick to axe/mace/spear and try to get the best weapon damage you can.
    I tried searching for MH+OH but was not able to find anything close to my skorn which is basically 150 dex, 100 crit, socket and 2.2% LS. All weapons that had this had about 600 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    because weapon damage with a max red gem is better than 110% cd. a lot of the attacks go off of your mh weapon damage. cd is also very easy to stack so one weapon gem slot isnt going to make or break the deeps.
    Inna's 4set is nice but not needed. I guess if you are always losing your stacks though 4set would be better.
    I see. I'll try it out and see how my damage changes.

Like I said above, I keep my stacks up by simply refreshing the spell (maintains 3 stacks) and inna's 4 reduces this down to 5 spirit so I am able to stop and look at/pick up loot without worrying about my stack dropping just by constantly refreshing the spell.

Deleted
    Yes 5 spirit cost SW is cool and all but it's also what is gimping your dps, my friend use the same build as me that's where i got my build, he use 4set inna aswell and it is easy to see the damage difference, it's quiet big, if you want high dps you can't use 4set, you need to move away from your comfort zone of free SW and infinite TR and ignore the other guy he cearly have no clue about bell build, it's made for 2hand because you get stupidly high crits if you take the 1200% rune instead of the useless spirit cost reduce.
    One hand crits like 800k on bell while with my 2hand i can do upto like 6million if both hits crit and i use my dmg buff.

But i won't tell you to use my build it's your choice if you want free SW and infinite TR if that's what you find fun then play with that, only saying that my build works like a charm with my gear setup

Yes 5 spirit cost SW is cool and all but it's also what is gimping your dps, my friend use the same build as me that's where i got my build, he use 4set inna aswell and it is easy to see the damage difference, it's quiet big, if you want high dps you can't use 4set, you need to move away from your comfort zone of free SW and infinite TR and ignore the other guy he cearly have no clue about bell build, it's made for 2hand because you get stupidly high crits if you take the 1200% rune instead of the useless spirit cost reduce.
    One hand crits like 800k on bell while with my 2hand i can do upto like 6million if both hits crit and i use my dmg buff.

But i won't tell you to use my build it's your choice if you want free SW and infinite TR if that's what you find fun then play with that, only saying that my build works like a charm with my gear setup
    You find you're able to keep up bell usage even without the spirit reduce glyph on WoL? That's a hefty cost. I don't use quickening either. I like the teleport personally because if a mob drops poison or anything and you bell them and knock them back you'll instantly port to them so if you just alternate bells and port you'll never stay standing on bad stuff which is helpful. On the other hand I've had my fair share of deaths by porting into things I didn't want too. I could see reflect being bad on a 6 mil crit as well.

Deleted
    if you use exalted soul, then your maximum spirit is 250, and you should be full spirit almost always before engaging packs or large amount of mobs, that means you can use 3 bells or mantra for 48% dmg for 3sec and 2 bells, quickening regens your spirit so fast you can use bells almost all the time, that's why i don't use the reduce spirit cost because 1200% is massive damage, and yes i kill myself sometimes on reflect but it's about timing it when reflect is not up i pop blinding (30% dmg buff) then 2 bells, then fisting for spirit while reflect is up, when reflect is down Again then mantra (48% dmg for 3sec) and 2 bells, pack should be dead or near dead depends what mobs it is

So I was finally taking a look into some stuff last night and dang, stuff is still expensive. The cheapest mempo with crit is 700 million. The witching hour with not great stats is around 10 mil (only a few thousand DPS increase) and an Andy's is only a few thousand DPS increase as well. I did craft some shoulders and got an increase there. So I guess I'm mostly stuck since I don't have the cash for that stuff.

Nenshu: I tried your build last night (excluding the Blinding flash) on MP7 and things died slightly faster but not much. My biggest bell was around 800k-1 mil which is higher than what I'm used to but I'm still not used to the spec so it was a bit tough. I have 48% crit but even with quickening I didn't notice my spirit going up super fast unfortunately.

EDIT: I did try tossing a red gem in my skorn and it only decreased my DPS by about 4k but I wasn't sure how I felt about it so I moved it back.
    Updated profile but only changed one piece so far: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...4/hero/7480753
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2013-06-12 at 03:11 PM.

your gear isn't horrid. you have a solid tr setup. why not just hammer through mp1-2? you could do 2-3 maps in the time it takes you to do 1 in mp7.
    if you have 20-50m available, maybe consider getting an soj. look for spirit regen > 2.25, highest elite bonus you can afford and either bell crit increase or sw damage increase. put it on instead of your rare. (attack speed is bad for tr builds, inna's pants and nat ring being the exception). that will let you drop inner storm and use cyclone or firestorm. firestorm is *really* fun. i tend to prefer it when i tr.
    if you have anymore, maybe a better nat's. if you stay tr consider 8% attack speed instead of 9 and get some crit chance.
    again, if funds allow, try to grab another set of inna's pants. similar to what you have but with a vit or ar roll instead of mf.
    when possible, try nat boots with vit/ar.

on another note, i'm pretty stoked, finally tried soloing mp10 ubers with monk and destroyed them =) so now i can solo with monk or wizard yeehaw!

edit: btw, go moh:cb instead of mocverawe if you go tr at lower mp. mo bettah spgen. use tr:tailwind for supah speed
    Last edited by Aelfin; 2013-06-12 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    your gear isn't horrid. you have a solid tr setup. why not just hammer through mp1-2? you could do 2-3 maps in the time it takes you to do 1 in mp7.
    if you have 20-50m available, maybe consider getting an soj. look for spirit regen > 2.25, highest elite bonus you can afford and either bell crit increase or sw damage increase. put it on instead of your rare. (attack speed is bad for tr builds, inna's pants and nat ring being the exception). that will let you drop inner storm and use cyclone or firestorm. firestorm is *really* fun. i tend to prefer it when i tr.
    if you have anymore, maybe a better nat's. if you stay tr consider 8% attack speed instead of 9 and get some crit chance.
    again, if funds allow, try to grab another set of inna's pants. similar to what you have but with a vit or ar roll instead of mf.
    when possible, try nat boots with vit/ar.

on another note, i'm pretty stoked, finally tried soloing mp10 ubers with monk and destroyed them =) so now i can solo with monk or wizard yeehaw!

edit: btw, go moh:cb instead of mocverawe if you go tr at lower mp. mo bettah spgen. use tr:tailwind for supah speed
    If you read my other posts I have a different set of gear that let's me do this. I do have an SoJ and with the MoH:CB and SW:Cyclone I can TR forever. I can farm MP1 fine (11 mil xp in about 14 minutes) but I'm sitting around 111k DPS so no one shots of weak mobs just by running past.

That being said I was more looking into being able to farm MP7+ with another set of gear for when I play with others or help people, hence the gear changes. I know mine's not bad for what I've spent on it.

sorry, dude, just read the latest post, didn't re-read the whole thread.

if you are looking for group play, then build around a cyclone strike, palm build. cyclone strike sucks em in. every class loves that. cm wizards love having everything sucked in, witch doctors, barbs. palm does 50% mob health as damage to other mobs in range. doesn't rally matter if your dps sucks, if your group can kill the palm mob fast.

if you are looking to do mp7+ with skorn and lack spirit, try nirvana build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8414571665
    using stun bells with it is absolutely hilarious

outside of that, crank your attack speed as much as you can. stack as everywhere and use combo strike with fotc and blazing fists as your generators.

my generic pub game build is on my profile:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/30854234

i dunno wtf i'll run into on pub games. overawe is always good. cyclone strike is good when a cm wiz or fb wd joins. exalted & quickening gives me plenty of spirit if i need to bell the hell out of something (looking at you, act 1 trees). dashing strike let's me pop around or get out of jail or skip arcane beams if i want. pacifism let's me face tank anything and not worry about frozen,fear,or jail.

if shit hits the fan i just swap the ef for another ls weapon. that's like savage beasts with reflect, horde, plague, arcane, desecrate while kw plays and 3 trees join the fray.
    Last edited by Aelfin; 2013-06-12 at 09:00 PM.