Deleted

Decent Geared but Clueless as a resto!!!

Hello all, firstly I've been reading this forum from the start of MOP, learnt loads as a Resto Shammy and still learning, But!, I've got my self into a position where I'm 532 ilvl 6/12 HC ToT but still not sure how to max my stats/healing abilities in 25man's. I know we are weak as healers, which is why i came here to see if it's possible to squeeze something out with my half decent gear

Any Tips from Exp shammy's are welcome Regardless of Gear/ilvl

Ohh, i can't link my gear, but i'm from Silvermoon

Cheers

Aropa ex Azjol-Nerub who Flew to Silvermoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,

I don't think we are weak in 25s...
    - We have some really, really strong cooldowns if used well
    - We are excellent at raid healing (if stacked), and really good at tank healing
    - We bring great utility for other healers (Mana Tide)

At your item level, I would personally go with HR breakpoint (7613 with NS + raid buff) and then maximum spirit. Currently, I'm 530 item level, and with this haste cap I have 19.500 spirit. This amount of spirit means, that every use of MTT will give every healer in raid approximately 70k mana. If there are 6 healers and you fit 3 MTT's in encounter, that means 70.000*6*3=1.26M mana. That is huge.
    Looking at your armory, you are at the HST breakpoint (8.8k I believe), but you have too low spirit IMO. What I would change:
    - Lei Shen's neck if possible
    - Tier shoulders
    - Megaera/Iron Qon chest
    - Primordius trinket (instead of the rep one)
    - Different second ring (e.g. durumu, horridon)
    - Megaera waist

Basically, you want as much spirit as possible on your gear. If I compare your spirit, and if you had 20k spirit... You'd lose some intellect, haste and crit (don't look at mastery, it's virtually useless to stack it), and gain approx. 3.3k mp5, or 21k mana per MTT. That is 21.000*6*3 = 378k. I think it's pretty obvious, that 378k extra mana wins.

Another bonus is, with more spirit, you will not be afraid to burn it. You can throw some surges here, some there, get to 50% mana and then watch, how your mana bar refills to 100% quite fast.

I know it's quite a long post, and I might have said something not understand-able, so TL;DR:
    Get rid of gear pieces without spirit and max spirit with 7613 haste (no pure int gems, preferably spirit/spirit+haste).

(If I calculated/said something wrong, please correct me, but I think I've said meaningful things )

7613 Haste is a must, especially for 25 man content. But really believe it to be true for both once you get the legendary meta.
    You can either max spirit or go start going crit once you find that you don't oom on progression fights. Keep in mind that part of your job as a shaman is to tank bomb however since you give up almost no GCD's AoE healing with your significant AoE heal.
    Spirit stacking is generally a good safe call for 25's. With 7613 haste you can generally use all your spirit regen on most fights.

If at some point you find yourself flush with mana progression fight after progression fight you should stop stacking spirit. Consider the math that you getting 1 additional spirit gives you 1.18 spirit and other 5 healers a total of 0.90 spirit. If you can't use that 1.18 spirit then all you have left is "you get 1 spirit on gear to give other people a total of 0.90 spirit". Once you factor in that you should be running double disc for most heroic fights and they only need 1 spirit on gear to match 2 proc/tide spirit due to rapture... now the statement becomes "you get 1 spirit on your gear so other people can drop a total of 0.72 spirit". Yikes. So yeah, there is such a thing as too much spirit. A person with 22k spirit gives up 10% crit over someone with 16k spirit, that's a big sacrifice.

I would consider dropping down to 7613 haste if you find yourself ever having to throttle casting at all due to mana constraints. The extra tick of HST is only about 1% more throughput. This would allow you to get closer to increase your Spirit. For 25 man raiding, you will almost certainly do more for your overall raid throughput by Spirit stacking (outside of the 7613 breakpoint which is a staggering amount of output), and running Spirit as low as you are is hurting the other healers.

One of the major reasons your Spirit is low is the fact that you are using the tier chest with non-Spirit shoulders as your off piece. Because the tier chest doesn't have Spirit on it, you want to use the chest as your off piece (use any of the Megaera, Iron Qon, or Elemental tier chest). If you can get tier shoulders and then one of the Spirit chests, you would gain 2000+ Spirit.

Deleted
    Can i just say, i was hoping some of my favorite posters would post, and you's did! a Big thanks to all of you's.

Not only do i trust your knowledge and judgment but it was backed up by the numbers i was getting experimenting in LFR, i pretty much was spamming CH on RT targets with no worries when i wanted, but more importantly it helps my fellow 25 man raiders even more.

Nothing more to add except i had to hear it form the horses mouths ^^

Cheers for the top Advice!

Aropa

we are not weak at all, if anything our cooldowns are one of the strongest one's comparing to other classes, it all depends the type of healing comp , however to say shaman 25 man are bad....... is a retarded answer.

I wish I was so clueless as to be that progressed and geared

I bought an account once.

Deleted
    No Account Bought here my friend, i'm just Altruistic by nature...

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I wish I was so clueless as to be that progressed and geared
    It's not hard really.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    It's not hard really.
    The hard part for me is getting everybody actually on-line at once to raid >

Deleted
    i am in the same situation. i had to reroll from a resto druid to a resto shaman 3 weeks ago (nobody else needs mail items in the team), and i still cannot feel the weight of our stats. we do only 10m raids, i heal with pretty skilled healers (monk + disc). 6/13 hc progress atm, tonight we are going to try megaera hc. i have tried to google shaman healing stuff but the good articles i found are always made for 25m encounters. atm im running with 12.1k spirit, 3783 haste, 5071 crit and 4955 mastery. i was thinking of reforging crit to reach the 7613 haste cap, but no clue if it is worth it for 10m.
    my toon name is 'fleure' on wildhammer. (cant link)

7613 haste cap .. primarily for 25M since they are using HR a LOT more than you will be able to in 10M.
    The 5676 point (riptide) is really good in 10's.
    Although if you are specifically talking about megera, the HR will get a lot of use and the 7613 cap would prob be worth it.