1. #1
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    22,558

    Malygos and Spellpower

    There was a blue post yesterday in the Ask Phenteo etc. etc. thread on official forums with these explanations about Spellpower:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Spellpower will get improved wording. The intent of spellpower is to buff the total amount of damage done by spells. In the case of Arcane Missiles, Spellpower +1 would fire an additional missile for 1 damage, not buff each individual missile by 1. Spellpower does not affect healing.
    and

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For AOE effects, it's currently a little different. If you have Spellpower +1 and cast Blizzard, it will increase the base damage done overall by one, so Blizzard will do three damage instead of two. Swipe also falls in this category, doing 5 damage to a target and 2 to all other enemies.
    So what if you take a card like Malygos with an in this light absurd +5 Spellpower? you get things like Arcane Missiles shooting 8 missiles instead of 3, and things like Swipe doing 9 damage to the main target and 6 to the other ones. Talk about devestating!

    With these implications it's probably a good idea to look at your deck and think about what you could do with it with the addition of a +Spell power card.

  2. #2
    Deleted
    Hooolllyyyy....yeah maly will feature in my "nuke" Druid deck i think XD

    I'm glad they clarified it though, people were throwing around wild ideas about abilities going 40+ damage XD I did also like that they clarified the card which produces a copy of a minion (Faceless manipulator) so that you could, in theory get TWO Malygos on the board.

    EDIT:

    Here we go

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Faceless Manipulator can indeed target your own powerful cards, including Legendary cards. I wouldn't want to deal with two Ragnaros at the same time ...
    No word on if it copies the buffs of the card, but I guess it would?

    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...pic/8891780099 (link to original thread)

    I'm thinking, if this works how it sounds, it would be great for a Druid rush deck (Stack mana/draw cards, get Maly/Faceless/Swipe in your hand and blow them up, although I have a feeling this will either be re-clarified so that it doesn't include the buffs on the card, or copies a random minion or something)
    Last edited by mmoc7486b6ac21; 2013-05-30 at 01:23 PM.

  3. #3
    High cost minion is powerful. Working as intended, isn't it?

    Lots of ways to remove minions, even the big ones. Especially in lategame.

  4. #4
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    22,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Here we go

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Faceless Manipulator can indeed target your own powerful cards, including Legendary cards. I wouldn't want to deal with two Ragnaros at the same time ...
    No word on if it copies the buffs of the card, but I guess it would?

    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...pic/8891780099 (link to original thread)

    I'm thinking, if this works how it sounds, it would be great for a Druid rush deck (Stack mana/draw cards, get Maly/Faceless/Swipe in your hand and blow them up, although I have a feeling this will either be re-clarified so that it doesn't include the buffs on the card, or copies a random minion or something)
    It should, that's the whole premise of the card, tbh. The only thing that never "copies" in cases like this, is the Battle Cry effect, which only triggers when played from your hand.

    But it should work that if you get Malygos out, and then copy it with Faceless Manipulator that you get 2 Malygos' and have a staggering +10 Spellpower.

    The setup for that would be pretty big, but if you can pull it off, OUCH.

  5. #5
    Sorry if this is a newb question, but I'm just now really getting interested in Hearthstone. I'm guessing there's no such thing as a 'legendary rule' in Hearthstone like in MTG?

    (Legendary rule is that you can't have two of the same legendaries on the field at once - they basically get sent to the graveyard if that's the case)

  6. #6
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengor View Post
    Sorry if this is a newb question, but I'm just now really getting interested in Hearthstone. I'm guessing there's no such thing as a 'legendary rule' in Hearthstone like in MTG?

    (Legendary rule is that you can't have two of the same legendaries on the field at once - they basically get sent to the graveyard if that's the case)
    There is no rule like that, but there is a rule that you can only have one of each Legendary card in your deck of 30 cards (for normal matches)

    For the Forge however, you play with whatever you pull out of the Forge, which could include two of the same legendary XD

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    There is no rule like that, but there is a rule that you can only have one of each Legendary card in your deck of 30 cards (for normal matches)

    For the Forge however, you play with whatever you pull out of the Forge, which could include two of the same legendary XD

    Thanks, Thorim. Hmm..That makes Faceless Manipulator even more powerful. I'm sure someone will have a deck based around that.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengor View Post
    Thanks, Thorim. Hmm..That makes Faceless Manipulator even more powerful. I'm sure someone will have a deck based around that.
    A deck with insane draw power would be good for this, well, at least in increasing the odds of pulling him and a big card to copy out of your deck. Possibly Druid stacking draw cards like Nourish etc, I might see if I can make a knife juggler deck which incorporates the Manipulator actually, that way you have a lot of cards to draw and then hopefully play, increasing Knife-jugglers effectiveness but also have the higher chance of pulling out a big card+Faceless Manipulator.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •