Poll: Do you enjoy the L90 talents?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    tell me about this horse...

I think I can count on my hand how many times evocation has "failed".. some are also probably from some early action my by fault anyways...

With Incater's... nobody ever really said you had to use the shield.. only if you wanted more burst.

..oh and for the DBM thing.. I guess I should announce, that you can create your own timers.. and warnings...
    Well grats on being lucky or full of it on the evocation bug.

As far as the Incanter's quote...what are you trying to say here? Are you saying it's acceptable to just chill with 6% spell damage and if you want "burst" you can pop the shield for the 15% the other 2 talents are getting the entire time they are active? I am finding a fault in logic here.

I'm also wondering why every post of yours is so condescending. Liberal use of ellipses and sarcasm aren't going to win you any arguments here or anywhere else.

There's an addon, called Deadly Boss Mods.. Maybe you've heard of it? It gives these timer things that tell you when stuff is going to happen. Is it that hard to evocate a "bit early"? It's not just animus that has things.
    Oh, DBM. Jeez, you sure showed me. Tell me more about how to be a good mage by watching DBM timers. That must be it.

Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa
    even on animus you don't have to move so much that you'd have to delay an evo more than a few seconds, if you are even a few tenths of a second in when you get targeted, finish and blink, not hard.
    To clarify, I was not using Anima Font as an example of a mechanic I don't know how to deal with. I was giving an example of a mechanic that can frustrate the use of Invocation. (Also, Blinking out of Anima Font when arranging Anima Golems for prompt feeding into the Massives is not recommended.)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's as acceptable to stand with 6% damage as it is to stand in fire. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by awildpidgeyappears View Post
    snip
    Mechanics are there for a reason.. *Same boss.. same things will happen at the same time, every time. (For the most part). Work around that.

It's as acceptable to stand with 6% damage as it is to stand in fire. Doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Yet again, what point are you trying to make here?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that we shouldn't have to work for our numbers. The argument is that we don't enjoy the way we are forced to do so via the L90 talents. To that extent I don't really see how anyone should feel that other people don't have valid opinions (some of which have been expressed in this thread) to how the class should be designed; especially given the fact that most of the people giving the topic consideration actually play the class.

Yes, we can and should be working around fight specific mechanics to maximize the the potential of the L90 talents, and through them our damage. That doesn't mean our opinions are invalid; and most certainly doesn't mean we have to enjoy the way we have to do it.

what amazes me is 68% of the polled agree with the idea that all 3 are bad. Hell you would have trouble getting 2/3 of people to agree on 1 topping for a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    what amazes me is 68% of the polled agree with the idea that all 3 are bad. Hell you would have trouble getting 2/3 of people to agree on 1 topping for a pizza.
    Cheese. I win.

In all seriousness, yeah, it is pretty nuts. Out of 460 voters (409 if you exclude the neutral/don't care voters), 313 said they hate them. Another 63 said they strictly like 1, while a very small 33 out of 460 (409) said they like at least 2 (if not 3).

PS: If you exclude neutral people, it comes out to be 76.53% (or over 3/4ths) that hate the L90 talents. When deciding toppings on pizza, you generally assume the neutral people are okay with whatever.

TBH though, I'd love if we could hit ~3,000 voters. That would DEFINITELY get some attention from Blizzard seeing as how according to Raidbots, we only have about 7-8k Mages posting logs. (Of course, there are plenty of super-casual guilds that don't post logs, but I mean... the L90 talents don't affect them nearly as much as they could take IW and be crushing their guilds)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The 90 talents are an accepted evil with me, it's just become a normal part of my playstyle that I've lost my distain towards them. I still hate everything rune stands for but invocation is somewhat tolerable but still overall frustrating due to the full channel > no buff bug thats plaguing me on hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeryn View Post
    The 90 talents are an accepted evil with me, it's just become a normal part of my playstyle that I've lost my distain towards them. I still hate everything rune stands for but invocation is somewhat tolerable but still overall frustrating due to the full channel > no buff bug thats plaguing me on hardmodes.
    I will admit that Invocation is tolerable (IF IT FUCKING WORKED PROPERLY), but still annoying (and therefore, negative). RoP and IW need to die in a fire.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

<= angry mage on strike!

I've already switched to my warlock at the beginning of this tier purely because the L90 talents make me cry. I really really miss my mage she's been my main since BC, but I don't plan on raiding with her again until the L90 talents change. Playing a lock to me is like walking around in shoes that are too small.. and I have no interest in playing any other classes so I might quit raiding.

Anyone else notice how drastically the mage to lock ratio has changed this expansion?

I think I can count on my hand how many times evocation has "failed".. some are also probably from some early action my by fault anyways...
    Good for you, but that does not really help those of us who get the bug several times per boss fight since 5.3, does it?

I think they should have kept with each talent choice in the tier being themed to the different specs. I would really like the level 45 talents being redone also (probably with arcane being a tweak on polymorph, frost being frostjaw, and fire being blast wave with ring of frost being baseline).

For the level 90 talents I think invocation or rune of power might have been an interesting choice for the arcane themed choice (invocation not removing evocate's cooldown and having a more powerful buff for a shorter duration), while a lot of people probably wouldn't want this changed for frost theme a good 2-3min dps cd would be the water elemental and buffing frost's dps accordingly, and for fire themed (I'm having trouble borrowing from existing abilities) maybe a cd that increases crit and crit damage (maybe steal molten fury as the name for it).

If they were to not go with each talent being themed to a different spec I'd just make the tier still about dps cooldowns so it has the potential to change how you play without making it just an annoying buff to maintain. I'd theme the tier as being improved versions of existing abilities. Evocation -> Invocation same cd and buffs damage x% for y secs. Instead of the glyph Mana Gem -> Brilliant Mana Gem lower CD, more mana back, more charges, and increases int by x% for y secs. Armor -> Bulwark (i.e. Frost Armor -> Frost Bulwark) increases the passives by x% and allows another armor spell to be active for y secs on a CD.

Most of these I just came up with on the spot but still I think cooldowns would make the choice more meaningful and interesting than choosing which flavor of the same buff you want to maintain.

The level 90 talents are fine for me, I don't much mind them.

My beef is with the bombs, I find the tier to be bland as all hell. You really have 2 options, and they are binary, a certain encounter has a certain preferred one, and you will press the button every 12 seconds.

Nothing dynamic, no real choice, binary boring button usage.

So, in another thread, polarpewdragon suggested that KJC got nerfed because it was overpopular, and suggested that Invocation would be next because it's in the same boat as KJC.

Well, I did a look around and found this site. http://www.wowpopular.com/Mage. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but if it's to be believed, Invocation is not really as popular as you'd belief

If anything, it would look like Ice Barrier would be the next to get "fixed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice barrier won't be changed. Its in a good spot right now and feels very balanced.

I've seen a fair few fire/frost mages in lfr using rop but in normal/heroic 99% of fire/frost mages use invocation. Its the most "cookie cutter" of all our talents. Every other tier has multiple choices.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    So, in another thread, polarpewdragon suggested that KJC got nerfed because it was overpopular, and suggested that Invocation would be next because it's in the same boat as KJC.

Well, I did a look around and found this site. http://www.wowpopular.com/Mage. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but if it's to be believed, Invocation is not really as popular as you'd belief

Does this site only take PVE into account? because for pvp IW is popular but for pve invo is pretty much THE choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Incanter's Ward for the MP3 buff but that's it. Remake all of them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post

I mean, I was referring to raiders. Like, actual raiders. Not "let's get drunk and fuck around for 2 hours inside ToT" raiders.

Highest Neckpiece: 522 VP item... Most popular spec: Frost. Most popular L90 talent: IW.

Yeah...

Also, I didn't say Invo would be nerfed, I said that KJC got looked at (and consequently nerfed) because it was super popular. I said Invocation would also be looked at using that line of logic (as it is, but GC is being too pus---PASSIVE about changing things >_>

PS: This data you linked is for 5.0 only. Notice how Scorch is a talent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Not "let's get drunk and fuck around for 4 hours inside ToT" raiders.
    but...that's pretty much exactly what I do

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    but...that's pretty much exactly what I do
    11/13H is way too high to be the super-casual raider :P