Poll: Do you enjoy the L90 talents?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's something all classes should be able to do (out of combat, that is).
    Well, out of combat everyone has food, out of trouble there are bandages. But Invocation heal is handy to top yourself off. It's especially good when you solo old content and there's a boss with special mechanics that make you wait for something while taking damage. Or for example Yogg-Saron - you have to kill adds first, to make the boss appear and if you want to do an achievement, you have to kill 9 of them almost simultaneously. After that you're kind of beat up, but during the phase transition you're free to chain-evocate to full health.

Invocation heal, despite being rather weak, is the only useful utility of our t90 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Well, out of combat everyone has food, out of trouble there are bandages.
    And mages have free food, but I still think that a top-off is a good QoL change. Or at least some sort of self heal. Bandages? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't miss them if they were removed from the game. The only thing I use them for are the achievements to make 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    But Invocation heal is handy to top yourself off. It's especially good when you solo old content and there's a boss with special mechanics that make you wait for something while taking damage. Or for example Yogg-Saron - you have to kill adds first, to make the boss appear and if you want to do an achievement, you have to kill 9 of them almost simultaneously. After that you're kind of beat up, but during the phase transition you're free to chain-evocate to full health.
    Yeah, I do wish more classes had a form of on-demand self healing even if casted/channeled.

Assassin Rogues used to have a talent: Hunger for Blood. It did a big dps buff, had to be applied once a minute, and required a bleed (which at the time rogues generally didn't put up). If you didn't do it, your dps tanked; if you forgot, your dps tanked. It was pretty despised since it was just a button you pushed. Making the button "channeled" doesn't change the fact that Evocation is just Hunger for Blood in different color.

I was hoping that they would un-nerf the Evocation heal to something like a 25% or 30% heal instead of 10%. I agree that 60% was overpowered with how often you can cast Evocation, but at 10% it doesn't seem much more effective than eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    I was hoping that they would un-nerf the Evocation heal to something like a 25% or 30% heal instead of 10%. I agree that 60% was overpowered with how often you can cast Evocation, but at 10% it doesn't seem much more effective than eating.
    Actually I believe that unless you have quite a bit of haste, eating is more effective than this heal.

Edit: I take that back, eating is slightly lower healing per second than the evo glyph.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-07-12 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Assassin Rogues used to have a talent: Hunger for Blood. It did a big dps buff, had to be applied once a minute, and required a bleed (which at the time rogues generally didn't put up). If you didn't do it, your dps tanked; if you forgot, your dps tanked. It was pretty despised since it was just a button you pushed. Making the button "channeled" doesn't change the fact that Evocation is just Hunger for Blood in different color.
    Or that Rune of Power was the (already removed) Sniper Training from Survival Hunters during Lich King.

Or that Incanter's Ward was Incanter's Absorption, which was good because it didn't tank your DPS if you didn't use it, unlike IW which DOES tank your DPS just for picking it over Invo/RoP.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I absolutely loathe simplistic maintenance buffs. Monk and Druid tank specs each have a "press me for a 30 second buff to your avoidance" and it is seriously the most awful, pointless thing, and as many have mentioned, that's exactly what invocation is.

As much as I despise that, I despise even more being forced to stand on a pedestal (rune of power). Rune of Power is great as a raid mechanic (Iron Council in Ulduar, the Mogu Mobs in the crypt area of isle of thunder). I played rift for a small time, and Pyromancers in that game were forced to stand on a ring of fire - it was terrible. Terrible. Think back 30+ years ago - even in Space Invaders you could move your little ship around to shoot at the aliens, in asteroids you could move your ship around to avoid incoming asteroids. To me it's laughable that a modern game company would put a design in that gives you less mobility than 4-bit games from 30 years ago.

That more than anything is why I hate the level 90 talents. Whoever thought Rune of Power was a good idea, I really want them to stay away from game design for the rest of their life, it is seriously the least fun thing I've ever experienced in a real-time game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    That more than anything is why I hate the level 90 talents. Whoever thought Rune of Power was a good idea, I really want them to stay away from game design for the rest of their life, it is seriously the least fun thing I've ever experienced in a real-time game.
    In all honesty, I actually like the design of Rune of Power, but in an expansion like this, it was horribly timed, executed, and not thought out in any way, which is why I hate it more than the other two.

If that was a talent, say, in Vanilla or BC, it would have been amazing seeing as how they had next to no mechanics and didn't require much movement. The devs should have known ahead of time and planned our talents around knowing mechanics, not just blindly guessing "will this be a patchwerk expansion?" which it CLEARLY wasn't.

Not just that, but now whenever I go back to Ulduar and see Iron Council, I just get a little pissed that a fun memory of an awesome spell was ruined completely by some retard designer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.