Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Big raid cooldowns are generally for healers. It doesn't make sense for ret to have the better version.
    2 minutes is reasonable - and it does make sense for Ret to have the better version when Holy is more wanted in virtually every aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Crusader Strike, Divine Storm and Templar's Verdict can now be used with one-handed weapons.
    All of these things can be done with 1h weps already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Big raid cooldowns are generally for healers. It doesn't make sense for ret to have the better version.
    Raid cooldowns are a part of the utility package. I dont see whats wrong with ret having an edge over holy with one aspect. Healers are always in demand anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    All of these things can be done with 1h weps already?
    You're right, for some reason I was thinking of the Prot abilities that require Shields while picturing it me as Ret unable to do shit due to not having a 2H.. I blame it on friday hangover.

Also, how cool would it be to have AS as ret? Probably OP but...

Sword of Light: Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 1250%.(Up from 30%)

All other abilities removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    2 minutes is reasonable - and it does make sense for Ret to have the better version when Holy is more wanted in virtually every aspect of the game.
    I'm not suggesting ret doesn't need something - just that it shouldn't fall on this cooldown. Barrier, Hymns, Tranq, Revival etc - they define the healer version of their class. Having Holy have the weaker version of the raid cooldown doesn't fit the pattern.

I'm sure there are other places ret utility can come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Raid cooldowns are a part of the utility package. I dont see whats wrong with ret having an edge over holy with one aspect. Healers are always in demand anyway.
    Holy is the 2nd to last healer in output on 25m heroic(only ahead of shaman who bring lots of utility) and Devo is brought by all paladins. If ret gets a better one less reason to bring a holy paladin, especially when the majority of raid healing cooldowns for the other healers got buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Divine Intervention has been reintroduced!

Reckoning has been Reintroduced!!! Reckoning: Every time you critically hit with Templar's Verdict, you gain Reckoning, causing your next 3 swings to generate an additional attack
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2013-06-01 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy nerfs. There's always holy nerfs each patch, whether its warranted or not.

Retribution:

New. Consecrated Ground. 2 Min CD.
    Bless the ground with sacred power in an 8 yard radius around the Paladin for 5 sec. Enemies are unable to target into or out of the Consecrated Ground. Allies take 20% more healing while within the area.

New. Templar's Shield. Passive.
    When reduced below 35% health, you gain the Templar's Shield effect. Templar's Shield absorbs ((1) + (AP * 2.8)) damage and increases the critical chance of Word of Glory by 60%. Lasts 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 sec.

^ last word bitches

Deleted
    Holy:
    Holy shock cd now scales with haste
    Infusion of Light can now stack (resets on combat) up to a maximum of 2-3 times
    Denounce causes your next Divine light to
    a) heal for 10% more
    b) have a 10% reduced cast time
    c) have a 10% chance to grant a charge of holy power
    - stacks
    Denounce has a chance to grant a charge of holy power
    Light's Hammer (for holy only) becomes a tranq-like CD

Doesn't have to be all of it, but some of that would be really cool.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    New T15 bonus - AV CD reduced to 1 min and melee attacks have a chance to reset the timer on HoW.
    You cared enough to post.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shields of the Righteous - Reduces physical damage by 1% for 3 seconds (down from 25%).
    OhmagerdpaladernsareOP (Passive) - Have a 1% chance to die instantly every time you use an ability that generate Holy Power. Scales with haste and number of butthurt Warriors in the raid.
    #YOLO
    Okay, okay, on a more serious note.

New passive!

Vengeful Defender (Retribution) - Reduce all damage taken by 15% when you have a Shield equipped.
    For me this could be a good idea, with others def cd's

10+ Year Old Account
    New passive!

Vengeful Defender (Retribution) - Reduce all damage taken by 15% when you have a Shield equipped.
    I approve this. But it might be a bit too powerful against melee. Should be tested.

I approve this. But it might be a bit too powerful against melee. Should be tested.
    Which makes going for the Ret even more viable cause not only do you still completely shut him down, he'll also deal zero damage.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Warrior.
    - <insert random nerfs>
    Mage
    - <insert random buffs>

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Which makes going for the Ret even more viable cause not only do you still completely shut him down, he'll also deal zero damage.
    My ww monk has no problem whatsoever with rets.
    Wings -> disarm -> ring of peace -> fists of fury stun/touch of karma -> no wings. Rets are laughable to lockdown by a lot of classes and they won't kill anything just with their sustained, which is the lowest sustained damage in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Not sure i understand. Training ret shuts us down how? We're not casters. If you mean with stuns then you do zero damage anyway.

And you dont have to equip a shield unless you think you'll die. Defensive stance (i dont mean warrior one) doesnt mean you sit in it all the long. You go defensive when you are under heavy pressure. Also equiping a shield may criple our damage but not our healing/utility. Having a defensive stance doesnt make you more viable kill target than you already are.
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2013-06-01 at 08:37 PM.

Censure can now be applied to other targets via Hammer of the Righteous & Divine Storm

Not sure i understand. Training ret shuts us down how?
    Just to give you a few examples from the top of my head, almost any melee class has a way to preserve themselves without stopping what they're doing or needing the use of mitigation cooldowns (which they have, on top of passive defense).

Second Wind and Def. Stance are passive defenses.
    Blood Presence is passive, Conversion is almost passive when activated, Death Strike is active at the cost of a resource yet optional.
    Recuperate is passive when activated, Cheat Death is passive, Feint is active at the cost of a resource yet optional.
    Sparring and Swift Defenses are passive.

Etc.

Rets however are stuck with Holy Power for Healing or Damage, no passive defense, no defensive stance, no passive healing, no protection to death.
    Purely, 100% active mitigation that mostly comes from a GLYPH and a 5min cooldown.

Hope this helped.

Deleted
    Holy: New Spell - Holy Burst - Instant - 9.7% of base mana - Grants 2 Charges of Holy Power - 8 Second Cooldown
    Light of dawn base healing and scaling increased by 25%
    EF ticks now grant 50% of mastery scaling, down from 100%
    GOAK - Redesigned. Now grants 150% beacon healing from all single spells for duration and 40% from aoe spells.

/dream