Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I just ragequit a scenario because I kept dying. how do I stop dying?

So, Scenarios are far and away the best way to get geared for raids. nearly no queue time, really fast, easy, and you don't have to deal with assholes ninjaing your drops.

but my god, I HATE SCENARIO'S AS A WARRIOR, especially if there's no healer. I keep dying and dying, and it's no fun to have to pay 50G in repair costs after each scenario.

I'm arms, but it shouldn't matter, scenarios are supposed to be easy and fast content. instead, I keep dying every 3rd pull if I don't have a healer. and a pocket healer isn't an option, because there's barely anyone left on my realm.

what can I do to stop dying all the time? because at this point, i'm this close to just shelving my warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop to bandage after every couple of pulls?

Run with a couple of friends! It is easier, as you have more choice in what classes are going into the Scenario. The newer Scenarios are more challenging to many even on normal setting.

Second wind, victory rush, die by the sword, rallying cry I don't really see the problem...

Normal scenarios you should just never die unless your group is severely lacking dps or if you are standing in things you shouldn't be. Heroic scenarios pretty much the same thing, just gotta take your time, make sure your group doesn't pull more mobs than it can handle. I did a pug heroic scenario the other day and had a DK who literally died 20 seconds after he rezzed, he must have died 15 times total, and all because he was standing near bombs or where they were marked to hit and just would get 1 shot over and over.

Learn to play.. is the old standby but valid advice here..

There is as others have pointed out no reason for anyone to die ever in a regular or heroic scenario unless you are solo, standing in bad, and or trying to do the warrior thing of building vengeance in dps gear and chain pulling things..

Bandages, Health pots, Flasks of defense (works wonders in dps gear), going with friends rather than random que with the freshly dinged alts that tend to be in scenarios all help as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    So, Scenarios are far and away the best way to get geared for raids. nearly no queue time, really fast, easy, and you don't have to deal with assholes ninjaing your drops.

but my god, I HATE SCENARIO'S AS A WARRIOR, especially if there's no healer. I keep dying and dying, and it's no fun to have to pay 50G in repair costs after each scenario.

I'm arms, but it shouldn't matter, scenarios are supposed to be easy and fast content. instead, I keep dying every 3rd pull if I don't have a healer. and a pocket healer isn't an option, because there's barely anyone left on my realm.

what can I do to stop dying all the time? because at this point, i'm this close to just shelving my warrior.
    How are you dying in scenarios? are you talking about heroic scenarios? because if its normal scenarios I have no idea why you would die, if you don't have gear to just zerg the shit out of every mob in your way, be carefull don't pull everyone and their moms and you will be fine.

I have never died in a normal scenario besides when I tried to be a smart ass and pulled to much stuff without help, etc.

Go Prot and you wont die. You may not do as much dps as you like, but you will not die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-roll Prot? I've done them on my Prot warrior and having alol the self heals and damage mitigation works well for me. I have Victory rush and the glyph for it, it is imperative that you never miss it when it procs. Keep up your blocking abilities and let the other dps in the group dps you tank. It will work.

10+ Year Old Account
    In heroic scenarios it is more important to pay attention to skills and ablities. If something can be interrupted it's important and if something can be avoided/moved out of you really need to try to. A good example is swashbuckling in the blood on the seas (or w/e) scenario which does massive fast damage in melee range. Try and be more aware and use your stuns/survival abilities.

Pay more attention to ground effects and spell casts by the things you're fighting.

In my experience, the most dangerous things in scenarios always have a counter or a way to be dealt with. If there's a part where you are supposed to take a decent amount of damage, there is usually something around that will heal you (whether it be a green circle on the ground, or something that can be clicked on). Just pay more attention to your surroundings.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Of course we use "Second wind, victory rush, die by the sword, rallying cry," as well as, bandages and popping heal pots. However they just aren't sufficient. A 3-dps heroic scenario as a warrior means chain-dying in a very unsatisfactory way. As I understand it, Blizzard has intentions of fixing the issue by having floor pain do things like slow dps rather than do damage. I think it is an excellent idea.
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2013-05-31 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Of course we use those things, they just aren't sufficient. A 3-dps heroic scenario as a warrior means chain-dying in a very unsatisfactory way.
    I almost feel bad, I've done all the heroic scenarios solo on a mage without issue. I feel like it's doable on any class though. You shouldn't be dying to anything, especially with a full group.

3 DPS is actually far and away the most efficient and best way to run Heroic Scenarios if all 3 DPS know their class. The mobs are all designed to be CC'd appropriately. If a Warrior is chain-dying in a 3DPS hScen then he's completely doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Second wind, victory rush, die by the sword, rallying cry I don't really see the problem...
    So much this.

As a Fury Warrior, I <3 scenarios to get that last 50 VP I need for an Item or upgrade. Doesn't matter who I'm put in a group with I just leave them behind and chain pull and obliterate everything, keeping myself topped off with Victory Rush and Die by the Sword for bigger pulls. The majority of them can be done in 5 minutes OR LESS, the few that can't is only because you can't skip all the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    3 DPS is actually far and away the most efficient and best way to run Heroic Scenarios if all 3 DPS know their class. The mobs are all designed to be CC'd appropriately. If a Warrior is chain-dying in a 3DPS hScen then he's completely doing it wrong.
    Warriors have very limited CC capability and it is insufficient to replace the durability of a tank. I feel your post is a hasty dismissal.

Warriors have very limited CC capability and it is insufficient to replace the durability of a tank. I feel your post is a hasty dismissal.
    Pretty much every non-boss mob in the heroic scenarios I've done has been stunnable and has low enough health to die during the duration of a stun. I can see... 2-3 different stuns that can be picked up in the warrior talents, and I'm not talking about talents all in the same category.

Add to that the fact that you have 2 additional people in your group and there really shouldn't be any issues outside of bad/ignorant play (meaning simply that you either aren't utilizing the mechanics provided or you are unaware of them, which is quite common in scenarios). Remember, heroic scenarios require pre-made groups because you are expected to demonstrate teamwork.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-05-31 at 07:34 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Well since I outgear that kind of content I can't really say if there are any problems but in general I would not recommend running arms. Fury has the way better aoe for that type of content and even the tiny "hot" from bloodthirst helps a bit. On a side note I'd stay away from three dps scenario pugs anyways.

Deleted
    Eehh. Aren't scenarios designed so you don't need heals, don't stand in stuff and you should be fine. Since you're talking about raiding you really should think about your positioning.

Of course we use "Second wind, victory rush, die by the sword, rallying cry," as well as, bandages and popping heal pots. However they just aren't sufficient. A 3-dps heroic scenario as a warrior means chain-dying in a very unsatisfactory way.
    No it doesn't. I tried to farm the vial for the brawler encounter so I chain'd a lot of heroic scenario with various comp.
    There are some heroic scenario that I find easier with either a tank or a heal and some that I'd rather run with a 3-dps comp.
    Running the first ones with a 3-dps comp is the first situation where I expect to die, but in such case I don't die more often than my mate. Well, I may die slightly more than my friends but that's because I like slacking in aoe.