Heroic Tortos kiting

So i joined a friends guild and we're making head way on this boss, best attempt was 60%ish percent. This week i think i might take a stab

<snip>

Warning; No MEMEs (Sonnillon)

any tips from someone whos done the kiting before?

thanks!
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-02 at 06:44 AM.

what spec?
    probably easiest as frost. glyph IBF to avoid every other stun, desecration to get out of stuns, chilbains for the slow, blood presence, "spam" HB. gorefiends works good too

Yes as dw frost, thanks for the tips!

Be a monk.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

the hardest part is when they initially come down, if you have a hunter to md to you it helps out a lot.
    make sure to be quite a ways away before the stun. if you have a warlock ask them to aoe stun before the tortos stun to help you out

misdirect is amazing.

try to plant your highest hps healer in one place (our mw stands on our prot paladin) so you can drop a dnd on top of them to pull threat. do big loops around the outer edge, and if you go far enough into the bosses model you can avoid the turtles spawning if they catch you during a lap. Gorfiend's is awesome, and they should always be in range of you to grip it to something far away from you if you're kiting. ursol's works. stuns work.
    Last edited by itsyaboy; 2013-06-03 at 01:23 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood presence, chillblains, IBF glyph and gorefiends. Gorefiends is for mistakes.

You don't really need desecrated ground (and by that logic you don't need IBF glyph either) but the reason I take IBF glyph is because a fully charged shield with IBF up is unlikely to break during a stomp. It's not a lot but it saves targeting crystals or a GCD at the very least.

As soon as a new bat wave spawns I throw DnD (glyphed) on top of my previous bats and ask my warlock to shadow fury them. That allows me to stop, pan my camera up and howling blast things in the air. From there I just continue going around in a circle and they usually clump up nicely after 10-15 seconds. Howling blast in blood presence will glue them to you.

The only thing you have to be extremely careful of is turtles knocking you in the air and making sure that your previous bats are snared/stunned when locating the new ones. The camera angles in that cave are atrocious and it's very difficult to look up in the air and locate them, while also dodging the void zones that will pretty much one shot you if you're standing in the circle graphic.

I take purgatory here just in case I mess up as well.

Make sure you're careful kiting the bats around the boss when turtles come out. Our hunter has freezing trap down and that automatically will override chillsblains. Which means as soon as they exit it's area they won't be snared. The same happens if your warlock is using glyphed CoEX for the turtles and a few of your bats end up catching it. Just be careful and never stop using HB. If you mess up a quick gorefiends should give you ample distance.

Stomps are never a problem as long as you're like a good 10-15 yards away from them as it's going off.

Deleted
    With which classes/specs can kiting realistically be done?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Monk and DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Frost dk
    Bewmaster monk

You can also do it as an MM hunter, however it requires another hunter to misdirect you the new bats, and it's a lot harder than both of the above, since your slow lasts only 4 seconds.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

When my guild does it, I have a Holy Paladin, ontop of the MD, run with RF on, to get aggro on the bats incase the MD doesn't work and they run into the cluster of old bats. Also, have had rogues use tricks and spam FoK with crippling poison.

In all honesty, just kill them. It's just myself(mut rogue), Unholy DK, and our Blood tank on them. Before every stomp they're either completely dead and we're back on the boss or there's about 1-2 alive with *maybe* 1-2% hp left. I know, I know, different strats for different groups. But in all honesty, it seems MUCH easier to just kill them. This leaves out the whole entire variable of, *maybe* the tank lives and is kiting correctly or *maybe* he had a run of bad luck with turtles and gets insta gibbed by 30-40 bats.

Deleted
    Good advice in this thread for Frost DK kiting.

Gorefiend's is definitely amazing for grouping up bats - you'll get it every second set of spawns which is great. You'll see that the bats agro onto a healer straight away -in my raid's case it is a resto druid. I've got the druid marked so I see where he is standing and am near him for the next spawns to pick them up easily (usually he will run somewhere near me anyway, but if they're going onto a healer which is more gimped by movement it's probably more helpful if you go to them). A lock shadowfury, or any stun really, is very helpful on the existing bats to take pressure off of you when picking up the new pack. With good communication it's a very easy job to do.

Desecrated ground is also a good option, but I never found myself in trouble on the non-IBF stuns, while I really loved gorefiend's when I had to kite.

Took me a couple of attempts to get used to the kiting, had most of my trouble getting used to picking up the second set of spawns. That said, you won't be wasting attempts by not noticing who the bats tend to agro to initially! Obviously killing them with a tank is also viable if you choose to do that. It's a pretty fun job compared to what you would usually be doing though, and if you're confident on doing the kiting it will likely make for a very easy kill for your group.
    Last edited by mmoc03dea8a7da; 2013-06-02 at 03:04 AM.

we killed tortos kiting about 2 mounth ago .. monk tank and hunter MD.