Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Next Expansion South Seas + Legion?

We know legion is coming to invade per Wrathion's visions. We also know South Seas is one part of Azeroth that we haven't discovered yet. Since it would be boring for Blizz to make an expansion that legion invades Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms (old scenery), do you think the new zone can be south seas while the enemies be a combination of legion + whatever unique creatures south sea areas have? (And yes, the fact that new blizz store bat coming from south seas made me think about this)

I just want a Azshara expansion as her as the last boss. If that's South Seas then so be it but it should not be linked to the Burning Legion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I feel as if the emerald dream will be a big thing soon, along with the infinite dragonflight, that story isn't fully explored

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt pandaria like south seas sorry if I'm wrong.

South seas expansion cant happen next. Too many sub losses for a water based expansion.

I am thinking about this as well. There's a possibity that we will have South Sea as zones and Legion as the main Villian. Tomb of Sargeras anyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    South seas expansion cant happen next. Too many sub losses for a water based expansion.
    What if water based means riding pirate ships through the sea fighting nagas and other sea things instead of running around underwater in Vashj'ir?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I feel as if the emerald dream will be a big thing soon, along with the infinite dragonflight, that story isn't fully explored
    Pretty sure the infinite dragonflight story finished when we ya know killed Murozond, leader of the infinite dragonflight.

OT: My guess is we'll have an Azshara/N'zoth expansion, and Azshara will be planning to open a portal to a Legion world throughout the xpak. We'll kill her right after she opens it, and bam we have a segway into the next Legion xpak.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is there in the south seas? I doubt there is anything expension worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Pretty sure the infinite dragonflight story finished when we ya know killed Murozond, leader of the infinite dragonflight.

OT: My guess is we'll have an Azshara/N'zoth expansion, and Azshara will be planning to open a portal to a Legion world throughout the xpak. We'll kill her right after she opens it, and bam we have a segway into the next Legion xpak.
    No, Azshara has NO reason to want to open a portal to the Legion. She cut off all ties when they betrayed her.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I feel as if the emerald dream will be a big thing soon
    This is my guess.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I am thinking about this as well. There's a possibity that we will have South Sea as zones and Legion as the main Villian. Tomb of Sargeras anyone?
    The south seas have potential, with the tomb of Sargeras and room for unexplored islands (At least some of which will be troll-infested of course), the sea battle scenario can even be seen as a hint/experiment (Hey, people brought up flimsier things as evidence for some expansion theme or other :P ), might well work, if Blizz can avoid the pitfall of Vash'ir, i don't mind underwater questing, but that place was confusing/vertigo-inducing as hell, things like 1K needles/off the south coast of dread wastes can work.

It's been talked about already. An emerald dream expansion wont happen for two huge reasons. A. There wouldnt be enough content since its one place and one main villain, so blizzard would have to make a lot of stuff up. B. Its already been taken care of in a book. So theres no point in going.

Sorry druids. You dont get an expansion to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to play a South Sea expansion at some point but I think Blizzard is going to be trying to appeal to the biggest mass they can next expansion to get a WoW sub boost. I don't think there is anyway to get around the next expansion being the Burning Legion. Maybe they manage to combine the two together into one but I think it would be too much of an experiment and they could easily do something better with the BL.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    I would like to play a South Sea expansion at some point but I think Blizzard is going to be trying to appeal to the biggest mass they can next expansion to get a WoW sub boost. I don't think there is anyway to get around the next expansion being the Burning Legion. Maybe they manage to combine the two together into one but I think it would be too much of an experiment and they could easily do something better with the BL.
    As I said above it could be South Sea as zones and Legion as the villian. That's still technically Legion xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    As I said above it could be South Sea as zones and Legion as the villian. That's still technically Legion xpac.
    Imagine the subs boost from that theme, not to mention how bad-ass the gear would look...I think that type of storyline and aesthetic could only spell success.

Deleted
    To give expansion more lasting appeal, I don't think introducing second main agonist in different enviroment at half point of expansion would be totally bad idea (2 mini expensions in 1 package). Something in the line of burning legion bombartment devastating the current cities forcing us to seek revenge on some small desolate rock behind some outland portal... after we have just tackled some unresolved plot lines(got bored with). For now 2/3rd of the expansion is boring gearing up for the final climax. Thus half way through the expansion falls flat.. losing subs... until the final patch bring some of them back. One really doesn't loose much if not subscribed for half of the expansion as it is. Some timed content added to it = less sub losses. One big expansion world is nice and all, but after the initial questing it kinda drops dead.

only if naga are playable :P

also where does it say the bat is from the south seas? i just assumed it was some forsaken/troll/scourge/batman bat

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, Azshara has NO reason to want to open a portal to the Legion. She cut off all ties when they betrayed her.
    the only way i could see her doing it is to get revenge, but i dont think azshara would be stupid enough to try and take on the legion when she doesnt even have azeroth under her control yet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they cover the Emerald Dream in a novel, not entirely sure but I think that story line was more or less wrapped up in one of the novels before or after cata. As much as I would like to see the Emerald Dream I think its something that could work more as a zone then a theme for an expac, there's just not enough to get out of it in my opinion. The next xpac will either be about Azashara/Rastakhan(Zandalar's Emperor), or the Burning Legion and the Dread Lord home world.

During the Warlock green fire quest line when you pick up the Blade's Edge Fragment you get to see a really interesting bit of lore explaining how the demons where used by the Titans as tools of enforcement. They speak about Sargeras being the one who freed them of their enslavement to the titans. This might be hinting at the true end boss of WoW being the council of Titans and not Sargeras. Sargeras might be the lesser of two evils.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    It's been talked about already. An emerald dream expansion wont happen for two huge reasons. A. There wouldnt be enough content since its one place and one main villain, so blizzard would have to make a lot of stuff up. B. Its already been taken care of in a book. So theres no point in going.

Sorry druids. You dont get an expansion to yourself.
    A. Could have said the same thing about Pandaria before MoP. Mogu and Mantid show Blizz can do just that.

B. Nope, the Nightmare was contained, but not defeated. Some sources suggest it's growing again.