Suggestion to remake Exhilaration

Was thinking about what GC said on Hunter's tier2 problem,
    at the moment Iron Hawk is the obvious choice, the goal is not to nerf it but to make the other talents equal (or even better)
    so i think they should make Exhilaration to some kind of Active Self Healing-Over-Time effect that cost Focus, something like Rogue's Recuperate but shorter and stronger, i think that would make the talent much more attractive and make us actually choose from our Tier2

would love to see what u guys think

Deleted
    tbh i think exhilarate should be standard for all classes.

If it costs focus then no one would take it for PvE unless they really really really really really needed it for whatever reason.

Deleted
    What I would like to see is it becoming an passive/active ability. Where the passive part is something along the lines of "1% of the damage you do will be converted in to healing for you and (double for) your pet" (making it weaker than spirit bond) and the active part would boost it to something like 10% damage will be converted to healing for you and your pet for 6-12 seconds. Having a 1.5 minute cooldown. And to offset it with that it wont do anything while the ability is on cooldown. Which would make it very nice to have during high damage phases like Iron Qon Heroic last phase.

The base heal to damage has to be weak so that it wont overpower Spirit bond and the active part has to be strong enough to compete/overtake Iron Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    What I would like to see is it becoming an passive/active ability. Where the passive part is something along the lines of "1% of the damage you do will be converted in to healing for you and (double for) your pet" (making it weaker than spirit bond) and the active part would boost it to something like 10% damage will be converted to healing for you and your pet for 6-12 seconds. Having a 1.5 minute cooldown. And to offset it with that it wont do anything while the ability is on cooldown. Which would make it very nice to have during high damage phases like Iron Qon Heroic last phase.

The base heal to damage has to be weak so that it wont overpower Spirit bond and the active part has to be strong enough to compete/overtake Iron Hawk.
    I like the passive aspect of your exhilaration, but i think that the active should still be the same for pvp purposes.

A passive regen as it is now is optimal for solo purposes, making it a heal based on your damage would be a shitter version of soul leech, I don't see it being chosen in PvP because half the time when you are dying quickly, you will be in a stun and not be able to deal damage properly which makes this talent quite useless in mitigating burst damage.

It would be nice if exhilaration had a pve use on fights with periods of intense damage, and this could be done by(on top of the 30% heal), adding an increased healing received when activated(usable when not in control of character), but at some penalty like reduced focus regen or sharing a cd with deterrence. I could see this being balanced around pvp as well, so it would be usable by all hunters.

Although bringing the iron hawk reduction down to 10% is probably what they will do anyway since its the easier option.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post

I really like this idea, but a suggestion to alter it slightly: keep the current active effect as it is now with a bit less power (nerf it by, say, a third), lower the CD to 1 minute (maybe even more, 2 minutes is nigh useless for how 'strong' the heal is), and then make it so that when you use the active effect, the passive effect goes on cooldown for, much like Death's Advance.

If they wanted it to be useful in PvE, make it like Undying Resolve. Damage Reduction, and increased healing taken when activated. Adjust downwards if you want to add in a passive effect. It'd be nice to have a survivability CD which didn't prevent DPS.

I think it would be possible to meld Spirit Bond and Exhilaration. Just add "Spirit Bond is disabled while Exhiliration is on cooldown". That gives you the option to take the passive heal, or get a huge chunk of health right this instant, at the cost of the HoT. Then come up with something entirely new for the third slot, maybe a traditional defensive CD or a death saver (similar to Cauterize).

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    tbh i think exhilarate should be standard for all classes.
    It practically is already. At least half the classes have this excuse of a talent somewhere in their tree under a different name. It's incredibly uninteresting and lacking creativity entirely. I wish no classes had this talent and they were all replaced by interesting heals/shields/etc of some kind.

Spirit Bond fills a perfect niche for being just the right amount of passive healing to make solo content much more convenient without being OP or required in any other content and Iron Hawk is a really great way to upgrade normal Hawk. Exhil is just boring and very weak for the CD.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-06-02 at 05:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It practically is already. At least half the classes have this excuse of a talent somewhere in their tree under a different name. It's incredibly uninteresting and lacking creativity entirely. I wish no classes had this talent and they were all replaced by interesting heals/shields/etc of some kind.

Spirit Bond fills a perfect niche for being just the right amount of passive healing to make solo content much more convenient without being OP or required in any other content and Iron Hawk is a really great way to upgrade normal Hawk. Exhil is just boring and very weak for the CD.
    I meant for all specs of hunter as in we should have a 30% heal standard before talents.