Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sounds like common sense to me.

Idk, I didn't like Diablo3 at launch, quit playing after about a month. I just started playing again, and my god it has improved quite a bit. I'm actually having fun tearing through huge packs of mobs on my barb, getting bonuses for 100+ killed in a chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I freaking WISH blizz had said that about Wow YEARS ago.

If you don't like it, then go play a different fucking game.

If any one thing can be pointed to as 'the issue' that has hurt wow in general it is their never ending quest to get every single video game player person on the planet too like wow. So instead of deep compelling content you end up with diluted busy work designed to keep you juuuuust invested enough to make it to the next content patch.

REALLY good games are the ones whos developers understand the audience and really customize the game to appeal to them.

Take Eve online for example. It only has like a half million subscribers, but its a very specific kind of MMO. It's 'hard' its unforgiving, its pretty much the definition of 'hardcore'. It doesn't apologize for that, if you can't handle it go find another game ( play wow ). In fact its a joke in game in Eve, if you can't handle it, go play wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    sounds more like they are valueing their customer...i would much prefer a company that says "read the reviews before you buy our product to see if you like it" rather than "BUY THIS IT AMAZING IT WILL SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS"

Thats the vibe i got.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    when was the last time you read a game company tell their customers... "Hey you know that game that we're making? [in this case the expansion]. yeah I'd read reviews before that one comes out."

Shows a supreme lack of confidence, and doesn't augur well for the d3 expansion.

How would you feel if Conan cme out and said, "hey if u don't like tonight's show, change the channel." In a completely serious way. "And tomorrow night, check the TV guide to see if the guests are who you like. Otherwise, watch letterman."

You know?
    How does it show a supreme lack of confidence? What the CM said was common sense. If you're not sure about the game, wait and read the reviews. Ideally that is what a lot of people should do that are on the fence.

There's no pleasing you people (generally speaking). They all complain about the game sucking, threatening to quit, but when they are told maybe its a good idea to take a break? They rage more. Bitching for the sake of bitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Dude, He's just saying don't fucking play it if you don't like it.

Common sense, dumbass.

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-06-02 at 03:35 AM.

Well the argument he is replying to is kind of silly so w/e. Blizz should just openly say what they are happy about in D3 and what on the todo list scheduled for changes ... here I mean the real to-do list, not the we-wish-to-do list. And then they can say if you don't like it ... move on.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    sounds more like they are valueing their customer...i would much prefer a company that says "read the reviews before you buy our product to see if you like it" rather than "BUY THIS IT AMAZING IT WILL SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS"
    See, that line of thinking does not work with Diablo 3. The game was actually playable at release without feeling like an absolute grind, now it's the opposite. You have to grind like hell just to get better loot in order to progress through Inferno difficulty. Reviews and opinions changed after the first patch where they threw the Nerf bat at most classes because players were downing Inferno Diablo solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    See, that line of thinking does not work with Diablo 3. The game was actually playable at release without feeling like an absolute grind, now it's the opposite. You have to grind like hell just to get better loot in order to progress through Inferno difficulty. Reviews and opinions changed after the first patch where they threw the Nerf bat at most classes because players were downing Inferno Diablo solo.
    Isn't this the reverse of what happened? I'm confused.

Anywho, the Blizzard rep spoke the truth and there's not much else they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    about time blizzard grew some balls and told the haters straight.
    Don't like it ? Fuck off elsewhere.

Whilst it has its problems, Diablo is still a great game, it just lacks a little polish.
    Actually, polish is the only thing it has. It's missing substance and well designed game systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    Why would you play a game you don't like...better than moaning like a bitch and expecting the game to be something it simply isn't. You don't see me moaning on SWTOR forums because it isn't exactly the game I want.

Seems he just made a pretty realistic response.
    If people did that the world would be a much simpler place.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a player or game reviewer says it then it's good advice.
    If a game developer says it then they are giving up on the game.
    It is official, gamers have started to cross the line into being true dumbasses. If you need a game company to tell you common sense things that consumers of other products already know then there is something wrong with your way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    If a player or game reviewer says it then it's good advice.
    If a game developer says it then they are giving up on the game.
    It is official, gamers have started to cross the line into being true dumbasses. If you need a game company to tell you common sense things that consumers of other products already know then there is something wrong with your way of thinking.
    Who says it matters, believe it or not.

If your friend tells you that the McDonald's down the street sucks, then you can probably believe him. He has no stake in whether McDonald's does good business. If the manager of the local Burger King tells you it sucks, then you shouldn't take his word for it because he does better when McDonald's does worse.

Point: This guy's a Blizzard rep, and his default manner is supposed to be positive about Blizzard games. This is PR. You say your game is great until the smile is frozen on your face. If you aren't doing that, it's because it doesn't matter anymore. If the PR guy's guard is down, and he's being real with you, that means something is terribly, terribly wrong. Maybe his job isn't technically Public Relations, but that's almost exactly what he does: He relates to the community, the public. Anyway, if he breaks his professional smile, it means something is going on.

The question right now isn't whether something is wrong. The question is: What is it?

As much as people complain and as much as they bend over backwards to try and appease you people (mostly pvp cryhards) I'm amazed they haven't all jumped off a bridge.

Deleted
    Vaneras != Blizzard.

He's just one burnt out WoW CM. Why read too much into what he's saying? It's not like there's a Blizzard exec standing behind his shoulder reviewing everything he writes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Vaneras != Blizzard.

He's just one burnt out WoW CM. Why read too much into what he's saying? It's not like there's a Blizzard exec standing behind his shoulder reviewing everything he writes.
    Well, they do often relay messages from higher ups, and it's not like they can say whatever they want and get away with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, they do often relay messages from higher ups, and it's not like they can say whatever they want and get away with it.
    You're right on both accounts. However, he didn't say anything really bad. He just blurted out the absolute truth. Someone had to say it. And also, I doubt this was something relayed from the higher ups. Point being, it was just his own words, so making a thread saying "Blizzard thinks this" is a bit overkill.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-06-03 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    At the start I was very enthusiastic about D3, beacuse I'm Diablo fan. The game was ok. I used to play it for a couple of months then I took a break. This break was almost a year since now. Now, when I got nothing to do with WoW I play D3 and I find it very funny and relaxing. A game with no pvp at all, broken economy, bots, etc.

Sounds fine to me. Blizzard I think has gone down a little though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait....a company who needs money to be successful tells you that if you are unsure of their product to go inform yourself, points to exactly the kinds of places this information can be found, then says to make up your mind....and you think this qualifies as lack of confidence?

It's pretty much the exact opposite.They are so confident in their product or business as a whole they just told you to be as informed as possible before buying their product, expecting that you will do so and still buy their product.

This thread...there are just no words.
    BAD WOLF