Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizzard: We give up. If you don't like it, don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    We of course want Diablo III to be as fun as it can possibly be, but if you do not think the game is fun to play right now, then it is maybe not a bad idea to simply take a break and check back in again at a later time in the future to see if the game has improved more to your liking by then.

Also, if you are not sure that the expansion will offer content that is enjoyable to you, then it may be a good idea to first check out things like reviews and gameplay streams of it before making the decision to get it or not.
    Source

OK so first of all this community manager tells us to stop playing the game if we don't like it.

Then he says "read reviews" before you buy the expansion. Does he know it's going to suck?

It looks to me like Blizzard's just given up.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds more like they are valueing their customer...i would much prefer a company that says "read the reviews before you buy our product to see if you like it" rather than "BUY THIS IT AMAZING IT WILL SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS"

Why would you play a game you don't like...better than moaning like a bitch and expecting the game to be something it simply isn't. You don't see me moaning on SWTOR forums because it isn't exactly the game I want.

Seems he just made a pretty realistic response.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    Source

OK so first of all this community manager tells us to stop playing the game if we don't like it.

Then he says "read reviews" before you buy the expansion. Does he know it's going to suck?

It looks to me like Blizzard's just given up.
    Or, like usual, you're reading too much into it.

But... it's the truth! Everyone just whines about everything. It's not like he could give a better answer...

hahaha that's hilarious - you don't see them giving advice like this for wow, a sub-based game, because taking a break in wow leads directly to lost $$$.

But s/he's right.

At the start people were complaining they had nothing to do but kill mobs. That they refused to grind more gear by killing mobs to allow them to kill more mobs.

Essentially people bought the game likely not knowing about ARPG's, and if people think it's going to be anything more with an expansion they're likely to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    hahaha that's hilarious - you don't see them giving advice like this for wow, a sub-based game, because taking a break in wow leads directly to lost $$$.
    I'm certain blues have stated in "I quit" threads to tell the op to take a break. That they've been playing too long.

Deleted
    What I see is a person saying that they don't want to create the same hype for it and then get bitchslapped for it, if it isn't blowjob level good. Seriously I wouldn't even said Blizzard did something extra ordinary to hype D3 to the insane and ludacris levels it was on (I may very much be wrong, if so I'm sorry). They got bad PR because a lot of people created an impossible fantasy game that quite frank was impossible to create, and now they want to avoid that. Also be happy that for once a game company tells people to not just buy a game without doing research about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    What I see is a person saying that they don't want to create the same hype for it and then get bitchslapped for it, if it isn't blowjob level good. Seriously I wouldn't even said Blizzard did something extra ordinary to hype D3 to the insane and ludacris levels it was on (I may very much be wrong, if so I'm sorry). They got bad PR because a lot of people created an impossible fantasy game that quite frank was impossible to create, and now they want to avoid that. Also be happy that for once a game company tells people to not just buy a game without doing research about it.
    That's a complete misunderstanding of why people don't like Diablo III.

Diablo III failed in tons of non-trivial ways, but the ultimate failure was the loot. This is not something that was tainted by "expectations." It was just plain bad.

I won't write a whole long thing about it, but the other failures were things like requiring you to be online, the RMAH driving game design, the barely random levels, storytelling that was too heavy handed and intrusive. It goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they are saying is that if you buy a game, then don't like it, it's your own fault for not getting an opinion or two beforehand. Which is true. I hate D3, but I didn't want to wait and was all hyped up, so I prordered the collector's edition. I don't really expect Blizz to ever fix that mess, and I'm kinda mad at them for ruining it, but with some restraint and patience I could've waited for reviews and then decided not to get it. It taught me a lesson on patience that I obviously needed.

It's sad if people need to be told by a dev to not play games they don't like, because that's what the natural reaction should be anyways. What do people want from them? They can't make it into a good game anymore, that'd take another few years development and could easier be fixed by just making an entirely new game. Which I will be reading reviews about before making a decision whether to get it or not. Lesson learned.

OP is close minded.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

While I had a lot of problems with how cm's have been speaking over the last few years, I think this is actually one of the best posts I have ever seen from an official poster. The guy is being completely honest and straight forward, whether you like it or not. You already bought the game, there is no monthly sub, it costs you nothing to come back in a few patches and see how you like it.

Completely opposite of WoW, I really feel that the Diablo team has gotten back in touch with it's community. They've acknowledged their mistakes, they are trying pretty hard to fix those mistakes without making anything worse, and they have added far more content post launch than I would ever expect from a $60 box title without charging an extra dime.

While I am just as disappointed as everyone else over D3, I honestly don't know what more people expect Blizzard to do at this point.
    Last edited by oplawlz; 2013-06-01 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    So, they should've said "Play all day long, grow fat and pimple-covered nerd"?

Not all games are made to be played 24/7/52 and Diablo games surely isn't. And Blizzard perfectly realize and aknowledge that. And they are perfectly right. I made a several-month break and now I play the game again with all the enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post

I'm certain blues have stated in "I quit" threads to tell the op to take a break. That they've been playing too long.
    Telling someone who has already quit - "that they might need to take a break." - Is still not suggesting a break BEFORE the person says they quit and are pulling their $$ out of the game. If anything, it is already implanting a suggestion to one day come back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    That's a complete misunderstanding of why people don't like Diablo III.

Diablo III failed in tons of non-trivial ways, but the ultimate failure was the loot. This is not something that was tainted by "expectations." It was just plain bad.

I won't write a whole long thing about it, but the other failures were things like requiring you to be online, the RMAH driving game design, the barely random levels, storytelling that was too heavy handed and intrusive. It goes on.
    Erhm... Please tell me how a game can sell 4 million copies in the first 24 hours and preorders, and not be hyped as the freaking savior of games?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Erhm... Please tell me how a game can sell 4 million copies in the first 24 hours and preorders, and not be hyped as the freaking savior of games?
    Why did 4 million people pre-order the game or buy it on day one? Because it has the word "Diablo" in the title. That's really all there is to it. It's not about hype or what they did or did not include, it's simply a Diablo game, and because Diablo 2 was massively popular Diablo 3 was pretty much guaranteed to sell a ton of copies on day 1.

And on a side note, Diablo 3 really doesn't feel like Diablo 2 if you ignore the story.... which is probably its biggest overall failure. There's nothing at all wrong with a sequel innovating or changing things up, but Diablo 3 changed up so much that about all it had in common with Diablo 2 on release was the overall genre and the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Why did 4 million people pre-order the game or buy it on day one? Because it has the word "Diablo" in the title. That's really all there is to it. It's not about hype or what they did or did not include, it's simply a Diablo game, and because Diablo 2 was massively popular Diablo 3 was pretty much guaranteed to sell a ton of copies on day 1.

And on a side note, Diablo 3 really doesn't feel like Diablo 2 if you ignore the story.... which is probably its biggest overall failure. There's nothing at all wrong with a sequel innovating or changing things up, but Diablo 3 changed up so much that about all it had in common with Diablo 2 on release was the overall genre and the story.
    So what you are saying is that people expected D2... Which was a very good game for its time and actually refined the ARPG genre... So in other words: hype.

Deleted
    So basically he tells you to be a person that thinks and be critical about something before buying it or playing it... and you accuse him of giving up ? I don't fuckin know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    So basically he tells you to be a person that thinks and be critical about something before buying it or playing it... and you accuse him of giving up ? I don't fuckin know what to say.
    I'd agree with you if this statement was released before - or when diablo 3 was released. A year later it does sound like he is talking to all the people who already bought it, so - I hear hindsight is 20/20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you know, it looks bad when you say "we dont give a fuck about you bitchy people who just bitch all day" even though that's not what he said. But I'm sure that they don't care. If they had the power to make everyone love their game, you wouldn't be trying to pull a gun on your subscription and demanding changes or just relentlessly trashing the game at your leisure.

If you don't like a game, no one is forcing you to play it. It is okay to not play it, and find something else to do with your time.

Personally, I never even finished Diablo III. It was an incredibly boring game and the only reason I got it was because it came with the annual pass.