Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Titans Grip vs. Singleminded fury

Hello Fellow warriors!
    I was wondering if i was the only one tired of singleminded fury being better than titansgrip?
    i feel like running around with 2 two-handed weps, was way more bada** than 2 one-handed.
    now a days we look like monks and rogues in plate.
    Whats your opinion?

Deleted
    My oppinion is the difference is not big at all for single target and for cleaving which most of this tier is Titan's grip is actually superior.

Deleted
    its not so much the fact that it is better, cause we are only talking about 3-4%
    its more the fact that having 2 two-handed weps was my favourite part about being fury warrior.

While it might be cooler to have two 2h weapons you're denying the Death Knights and Ret Paladins in your group of a weapon upgrade.

Deleted
    true, but there will always be someone denying the others some loot.
    With two 1-handed you might deny your tank a weapon upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    true, but there will always be someone denying the others some loot.
    With two 1-handed you might deny your tank a weapon upgrade.
    10 Man:

2 tanks
    2-3 healers
    5-6 dps

25 Man:

2 tanks
    5-6 Healers
    17-18 DPS

For tanking purposes only prot paladins and prot warriors use 1h str weapons. Blood DKs use 2h str weapons

For DPS purposes Warriors+DKs have access to 1h and 2h str weapons though DW Frost is not particularly viable to 2h Frost of same ilvl weapons whereas SMF is slightly better than TG of same ilvl, Ret uses 2h weapons.

Unless you're running any combination of 2x Prot Paladin/Warrior AND extremely low on Strength DPS then there's no reason for a Warrior to take a 2h Str weapon over the other classes.

That isn't even mentioning that there are "tanking" 1h's that the prot warrior/pally would take.

At the same time, there are multiple viable 1h tanking weapons this tier except for the one with crit. You'd be "denying" the tanks their weapons. No winning scenario if you have a paladin/warrior tank and/or another strength dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    While it might be cooler to have two 2h weapons you're denying the Death Knights and Ret Paladins in your group of a weapon upgrade.
    And going SMF you're denying DW frost, potentially War/Pally tanks, as well as monks and rogues (depending on whether you're rolling on agi weapons or not). That's the down side to this game, everybody can use somebody else's gear. Well, other than holy pallies and INT plate lol. But you get my point.

I agree though that TG is the coolest thing they've done to Wars. My war will forever be a TG fury War, I don't care how low in DPS they get compared to SMF. I don't raid, so I'm not worried about it in the least. TG just looks freaking awesome :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And going SMF you're denying DW frost, potentially War/Pally tanks, as well as monks and rogues (depending on whether you're rolling on agi weapons or not). That's the down side to this game, everybody can use somebody else's gear. Well, other than holy pallies and INT plate lol. But you get my point.

I agree though that TG is the coolest thing they've done to Wars. My war will forever be a TG fury War, I don't care how low in DPS they get compared to SMF. I don't raid, so I'm not worried about it in the least. TG just looks freaking awesome :-)
    1. DW Frost isn't viable compared 2h Frost for same item level weapons, so no DKs should be DW since Unholy+Blood rely on 2h weapon damage. Ergo, Warriors are the only DPS class that should be using Str 1h in ToT.

2, Monks and Rogues use Agi 1h so why do they care about Str 1h or are you suggesting a Warrior should take the Agi 1h just because?

3. And again, unless you're running two sword and board tanks a Fury warrior taking a Str 1h should be the preferred thing to do in consideration of your other Str DPS.

I definitely miss dualwielding 2h weapons. Would love to see it get back on par for single target damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

It would be nice to have all play-styles of a class performing on par so you can pick what you want to play rather than being forced to...personally hate being forced to play fury full stop due to arms abysmal pve performance.

My opinion is that you shouldn't get to steal 2H weapons from other classes that need them.

Deleted
    even if you play 10 man without anyone else needing 2hand str weapons you will most likely get 2 1hand hc weapons before you get to a boss who even dropps a 2hand hc . kinda sad

Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post
    My opinion is that you shouldn't get to steal 2H weapons from other classes that need them.
    My opinion is that other classes shouldn't get to steal 2H weapons that I need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post
    So according to you Arms-warriors or Titans Grip Fury-warriors doesnt need 2H-weapons?

Doesnt sound like you thought before you posted that.

This is why blizzard needs to keep adding str polearms. I can continue to enjoy the only real weapon style ive grown to love, and everyone else can fight over the 2h maces / axes / swords among themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    So according to you Arms-warriors or Titans Grip Fury-warriors doesnt need 2H-weapons?

Doesnt sound like you thought before you posted that.
    not to mention the fact that most people have coins, what if he picks up a second with a bounus roll? is that stealing from you too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh. 2h dual wielding was the main reason I have rolled my warrior few years ago. Big cow with huge weapons, "Whack a gnome"ish.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Deleted
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.