Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Well it happened :(

Was playing hardcore and my lvl 54 wizard died due to a tiny lag spike Can't seem to find anyone else who wants to play hardcore as well. Any of you die to a small lag spike or anything of that nature?

I haven't played this game in ages, but i was under the impression that blizzard will restore hardcore characters if lag kills them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I haven't played this game in ages, but i was under the impression that blizzard will restore hardcore characters if lag kills them?
    No that is one of the warnings they give you before you make the character. They will not under any circumstances give your character back.

Yeah, it sucks but its a risk that you gotta go with sadly

Another amazing feature of online only play =-p

I made a hardcore witch doctor a while ago, I think it was on hell act 1 when my internet just decided to go out. I don't know why it wouldn't just kick me from the game instantly, but I log back on after 10m or so and find that I died to a skeleton.

Yeah i was on Hell Act 1 just killed the warden and ran down behind there and wam lag, ended up in the middle of everything and fell over i was just like :O no way

Deleted
    yep ... lost 3 HC Demon Hunters due to lag spikes ... then i quit HC ...

couple of months ago when i still was playing HC i got about 2-3 sec with the game not reacting to my input once every 5 min or so .. it was horrible.
    now i only play "normal" ... well, when i play, which is seldom ... but i didn't encounter those lag spikes for months.

Another reason why I refuse to play Hardcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    u can try to write a support ticket claming you got hacked they might restrote ur character

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    u can try to write a support ticket claming you got hacked they might restrote ur character
    So basically what you're suggesting is lie and try to exploit the system?

Won't work, blizzard can tell if you've been hacked or not, this is asking for a ban

Unlikely. They'd probably look at the IP used to connect, and see that it was the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Once again, always online is harming the gameplay experience. Deaths in HC mode are things that should be down to player input; If you make a bad move, you pay for it.

Of course, there's always going to be the odd cock-up. Stuff like power going out or your system crashing etc, but Blizzard just added more ways for those cock-ups to happen.

I never did HC mode, but I got fed up of having latency issues in single player. I can only imagine how frustrating unnecessary latency problems must be when perma-death is a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post
    Was playing hardcore and my lvl 54 wizard died due to a tiny lag spike Can't seem to find anyone else who wants to play hardcore as well. Any of you die to a small lag spike or anything of that nature?
    Hapened to me twice near release. 57 WD and 57 DH lol, i quit after that.

I've been looking for an HC levelling partner tough, if you're ever interested add me. Griever#1994.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So basically what you're suggesting is lie and try to exploit the system?
    that's exactly what I'm proposing, I can't promise you it will work, it's just something I picked up on ownedcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just lie about it. It is worth a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Once again, always online is harming the gameplay experience. Deaths in HC mode are things that should be down to player input; If you make a bad move, you pay for it.

Of course, there's always going to be the odd cock-up. Stuff like power going out or your system crashing etc, but Blizzard just added more ways for those cock-ups to happen.

I never did HC mode, but I got fed up of having latency issues in single player. I can only imagine how frustrating unnecessary latency problems must be when perma-death is a factor.
    Why would you want to play Hardcore if is wasnt online? If it was offline you could just hack your way to max and no1 would belive you have any skill. Hardcore has allways been online. Its funny how people act like there a nobody can reach the top hardcore because of lag and other stupid reasons. Go look on diablo progess. Cause there seems to be 1000's doing very well on hardcore.

Just because you get a lag spike dont mean its the server. Most common gamers that are playing are using wal-mart junk computers and basic internet but are too proud to blame that. You see it all the time in MP games. people rubber-bands etc all the time. Its not the game, its people on junk rigs and shitty internet.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A large % of HC death's are from blizzards shitty servers so yes a lot of people have the same fate as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Why would you want to play Hardcore if is wasnt online? If it was offline you could just hack your way to max and no1 would belive you have any skill. Hardcore has allways been online. Its funny how people act like there a nobody can reach the top hardcore because of lag and other stupid reasons. Go look on diablo progess. Cause there seems to be 1000's doing very well on hardcore.

Just because you get a lag spike dont mean its the server. Most common gamers that are playing are using wal-mart junk computers and basic internet but are too proud to blame that. You see it all the time in MP games. people rubber-bands etc all the time. Its not the game, its people on junk rigs and shitty internet.
    Exactly this. People buy shitty computers and have ditto wireless (!) connections.

If THOUSANDS UPUON THOUSANDS reach higher Paragon levels in hardcore, it is obvious Blizzard servers are not the cause or else nobody would even reach 60.

What I DO see these days though is the ratio between SC and HC public grouping being around 8 to 1 instead of 10 to 1 and the group of players in HC is growing even in a dangerous place ... like public grouping.

And the ONLY VALID way to play HC is in online mode as off line mode on PC would simply mean using a hack to create a lvl 60 Para100 in 2 seconds...

This is a mechanical/technical challenge, just like a motor race or bike race, technical failures can happen, accept it as an extra challenge to reach the end (lvl 60, down Diablo in HC Inferno, go to Para 100 ... Your choice), but stop blaming Blizzard for your shitty computers with lousy spinning HD's and cheap internet providors and if it still happens, take it as a man and stop whining.

@apathy in view of the very few complaints on forums (with all their inherent negative complaints), and the tens of thousands of HC payers being tracked in Paragon levels, I very much doubt Blizzard servers are to blame. I haven't had one disconnect in 13 months time, so it is not a Blizzard problem. Period.

Players play on subpar hardware and wireless worthless connections. And by hardware I mean lousy hard disks in the first place. The HD is far more important than the cpu in background loading games like WoW and D3.

Fact.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-06-02 at 08:33 AM.