Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing it should be empty or that folks should be alone. But in constant and aggravating competition for simple quest mobs, especially at low levels, is irritating beyond measure. There has to be a better compromise than that which can keep both sides happy. Unfortunately, the pendulum swing is on the side of irritating more than helping at the moment.
    That's really the trouble though. What's too much - or what's not enough...what's irritating, and what's acceptable, all varies from player to player. So no matter what they do, there are always going to be people who aren't happy with the balance. My personal experience though, has been generally good. I've only come across a couple of quests that became absolutely miserable with more than one player doing them. But that says more about those quests needing to be tweaked, than anything against CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    CRZ is a nice idea, a nice thought, but does nothing positive for me. It used to be a real negative for me, but now I'm on a PVE server so it's just annoying instead of enraging. Because everywhere I got are people who need to kill the same mobs as me, but who can't join my guild or contribute to my server's economy.
    This might sound a little odd - but unless you're the type that generally likes interaction and compensating with/for other players - you're not likely to walk away with anything positive for the time being - especially if you're on a lower population realm. There are just certain things the developers will need to do to make the game behave in the way they intended it to - regardless of whether or not the players enjoy it or not, and CRZ is one of those things.

I'm pretty sure they realize that it's going to cost them some subscriptions as well. Especially from Wrath/Cata babies, who have likely never seen the 1-60 zones so full of people. But, for better or worse, they're running with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's always the same stupid arguments, like the "special" people who think because you can queue for content, and even though other human beings are playing with you, queuable content makes WoW a "single player game". I bet it's the same kind of people making these arguments :x
    There's a difference between "queue then join with others for a scenario" and "Massively Multiplayer". Unless you're arguing that League of Legends is an MMO...?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I didn't realize you couldn't interact with people on other realms. I'm pretty sure you can. Not being able to trade with someone isn't not being able to interact with someone. You can speak to them, duel/pvp with them, emote to them, invite them to groups if they're the same faction, but right, that's not interacting at all.
    Yeah pvp someone is VERY important.... how about making a Guild with someone from another realm - farm mats together - let someone from another realm make something with a profession for you - no pvp and talking is way more important ofc....
    apart from the fact IF crz is so good why is blizzard so coward in not making org/sw, iot, pandaria crz too?....

10+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't be saying this, but there's some fancy site/forum about WoW exploits which shall not be named with a guide on how to turn CRZ off.
    Google is your friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    For those who're genuinely of that opinion, an improved implementation of CRZ would be a perfectly legitimate solution. Those complaints are all based around restrictions to CRZ, not CRZ itself.

Something breaking down the barriers between servers nearly completely, but without having to do server merges & deal with the resultant QQ.
    Yes

Yes, I would be much, much happier with persistent, consistent, fully transparent cross-server play. But that's not what CRZ is. CRZ is a half-assed implementation of an idea and it's been live for the better part of a year. It should be judged on its present merits, not some hypothetical "someday Blizzard will make it work right" basis.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameAble View Post
    Imo CRZ is the biggest improvement they have ever done to WoW. I play exclusively on pvp server and for a large part of my time in WoW these servers have been horribly inbalanced one way or the other, if not completely devoid of life all together. With CRZ you actually see other people out in the world, you get a solid bit of wpvp too. It actually feels like playing an mmo. If I didnt want to play with other people, then wtf would I be doing, playing an mmo?

I feel like the problem a lot of people have is they either were not there in vanilla, or forgott how busy some zones could be. During wotlk the world turned into an empty wasteland. Nobody was out in the world and you could camp all the rare mobs mostly alone, do all the quests in peace, etc. But that is not an mmo, thats a multiplayer-singleplayer experience. It amazes me that people actually cry about there being competition for rare mobs and pets, thats why they are rare. They are supposed to be hell to get, you are supposed to have to fight over them.

tldr: CRZ is fantastic and if you dont like people you should not play an mmo.
    this ^^^^^^

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand what is your problem with CRZ, i love having people around and i hope soon MoP zones will have it too
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Those mobs are supposed to have a lot of competition. They're supposed to be hard to get. Being able to farm them alone is almost like an exploit.
    The rare mobs are rare because they only show up once in a blue moon and you have to sit there for 18+ hours on end or something stupid to get them. Even before the Era of the Cross-Realm Zones I personally never gave a fuck to bother. You literally only "need" enough competition to ensure that a reasonable time after the mob spawns, he will be killed, thus preventing you from just flying around and getting a kill. Having tons of artificially plopped players camping in the same spot (due to how "dynamic" CRZ phasing works) is just stupid. Personally with the cross-realm shit I never bothered, with it, well, it just got even dumber.

---

As multiple people have mentioned, the game should not be about "competition" in the sense of fighting over mobs and nodes. No good multiplayer game makes it so that the more people are in the world (on your faction nonetheless), the shittier the game becomes anymore. As Blizzard even admitted, you want to be glad other players are around (including other faction players for world PvP, if you like world PvP), not pissed. Hence their change in attitude about rares/competition. It just needs to extend to old stuff now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    As if that weren't fun enough, the new heirloom shields are not on DMF vendors.
    Doing 4 or 5 MoP heroics to get the shield too hard for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Doing 4 or 5 MoP heroics to get the shield too hard for you?
    Maybe he's a DPS and has to queue for each. Maybe he just doesn't have time. Maybe he just doesn't want to do old heroics that drop no relevant gear and are completely boring. Just because you (and I) have the time to chain MOP heroics doesn't mean every player does.

[edit]

Or maybe he's actually doing said heroics but is pissed off because he spent time saving up tickets for his shield only to realize they didn't include it. Either way, people need to get off their high horses.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard must have had a chuckle to us argueing about the problems with CRZ when they were planning on announcing Virtual Realms in the near future, eh? LOL Anyways, that should solve the problems for good now. Here's my Vlog post on the topic if any of you are interested. I made a reference to our discussion here in this thread in in. http://youtu.be/-nHfafJOFvQ