Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    That music was creepy, you have to admit. They could totally use that track inside of an evil clown themed instance.

How about a Darkmoon faire 5 man HC <3?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And how does cross realm zones hurt you on DMF island? Oh right it doesn't. Stop crying for the sake of crying. Also it isn't "your" island. Grow up.
    Have you participated in any of the things on the island or are you just spewing out your own opinion because it does effect how you do quests.

GL getting the chest in the arena, you thought it was hard before? Oh wait you don't care about it and don't want it? Then don't post about something you don't care about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    It doesn't matter if there's no sport It's just how I am I'm just going to kill you without reason without any motivation at all =/ you can say I'm a bully or because I'm fucking awful at pvp I have to go kill lowbies I don't really give a F I do it because I can and that's that.
    Woah calm down just a little bit, it really wasn't meant that way. I was genuinely curious why people would do such a thing. Honestly it wasn't meant in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    I've made about 17 friends with CRZ. Maybe it's YOU who isn't social. it's not hard to say "HI! Want to group!?"
    ...group for what?
    To kill level 35 boars when I'm camping a unique skinned pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how CRZ really help anything except World PvP (and even then, barely helps it). Dead servers are still dead. All CRZ in the DMF means is that players on a dead server will NEVER see the Darkmoon Rabbit (btw, did they up it's spawn rate for CRZ? Otherwise, its now 2 rabbits per DMF for 10 servers, rather then 2 rabbits per DMF per server) AND the Darkmoon ring event (since guilds from other, higher pop realms will come in and roflstomp the solitary players from the dead servers).

CRZ is a band-aid solution that won't stick. It covers up the wound and lets it fester underneath. Not only are dead servers still dead, CRZ takes away resources that would otherwise have been for that dead server only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Injinjpow View Post
    I think you are missing the point being made.

EU servers are something like 6 hours ahead of US. Gives them plenty of time to kill the "rare" rabbit.

Oh and you can't ignore anyone from another server which opens up more opportunity for griefing.
    I missed the part where EU and US have anything to do with each other. They don't share CRZ if that's what you're worried about. They're on two complete different networks.

Did I read correctly earlier in this thread that there are official opt-out on CRZ servers?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    omg. I would've flipped my shit. I always had a fear that I would (long before CRZ) see it flying when I was on a flight path.. and of course it would be too late by the time I landed :S. Only proto that is still gettable I don't have... but it gets really depressing flying to Storm peaks - at it seems anytime at all - and seeing 10-15 people all floating in that area all from different servers. Then... your example.. I didn't even know that could happen, I think I need to stop farming this if it literally can phase in front of your eyes, I might never recover from that.
    Guy didn't login to WoW for 3 days that's how frustrated he was lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    CRZ is a band-aid solution that won't stick. It covers up the wound and lets it fester underneath. Not only are dead servers still dead, CRZ takes away resources that would otherwise have been for that dead server only.
    The worst part about this whole CRZ is Blizzard won't move and inch on the topic. They are scared they will lose millions of dollars from investors soon as they hear the words server merge. Activision is watching them closely, I believe that has a lot to do with them delaying "titan" put some talent and some resources back into the sinking ship.

And don't even get me started on the 30 min Brawler queue times...
    Last edited by Injinjpow; 2013-06-02 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As a rare squatter (mobs,pets,mounts) I whole-heartedly agree. I don't know what it is about Blizz, but they seem to just pick whatever my favorite thing to do in WoW at the time and destroy it. In wotlk, god I love raiding, I am so happy to be able to do 10 and 25 man per my own choice a week. In Mop, well I've caught up on all raiding and factions time to get to some of that rare farming I've put aside ... Oh, I have to compete with 100 other servers for 1 TLPD now? sweet. I must really be in the minority of players for the things i like to do in WoW - and there must be a hellava lot of people that like their choices restricted when playing a video game.
    Fixed.

And I apologize, but your ideals about blizzard "destroying" rare spawning because now there's competition means that you don't actually care about rare farming, you just care about the rewards. Entitlement at its best.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

There are other people in my MMO! This is a slap in the face!!

It seems some people expect these rare items (DM Rabbit) to be handed to them, no effort or planning required.

10+ Year Old Account
    they really need to merge servers, i transferred to a high pop realm and the experience was drastically better, was much easier to find groups to run instances,arena etc. Only drawback is that now my 9alts are stuck on a separate server to my main

completed the barrens weekly quest in like an hour on my new server, still looking for a group to kill commanders on my normal server, they should have at least allowed crz for low pop servers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Slightly off-topic, and not judging you or anything, but what's the point of killing someone multiple levels lower than yourself?
    Because herpaderpa, there you have their reason.

It was a shock to me to see so many people at the DMF when I went there today, then I realized it was CRZ'd. The lag was so bad and I don't know why. Took me 4 tries to get the cannon 'game' done because the wings wouldn't dissipate till i was past the circle. Hell one time the wings just went away and it shot me out of the cannon without them and I landed next to Sayge with 5% HP...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    they really need to merge servers, i transferred to a high pop realm and the experience was drastically better, was much easier to find groups to run instances,arena etc. Only drawback is that now my 9alts are stuck on a separate server to my main
    I transfered a toon to a full server a few weeks back and the games become fun again. I can do world bosses now and groups are running all kinds of things. So many people and I thought CRZ was supposed to throttle down when you were on a server with a lot of people but I notice in the old zones it's worse because you have like 5 High to Full servers worth of people standing around in those zones.
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2013-06-02 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just realized it's gonna be impossible to get the arena trinkets now :S managed to get 6 last months darkmoon faire

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Well crap, Dark Moon Fair is now a victim of the Cross Realm Zone tech. Lovely.

As if that weren't fun enough, the new heirloom shields are not on DMF vendors.
    You are several month's behind. DMF has been CRZ'ed since they first implemented it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the weekly profession quests on my alts, and I have to say it was a pain in the ass.
    People all over the place, and the chase for items and quest targets was borderline annoying... Like the quest to heal the 4 injured npc's.... it took me forever with so many people crowded there trying to do the same.
    Usually I don't really mind CRZ, but on the faire island it's an overkill
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

CRZ should only do two things:

1/ Give PvP'ers someone to fight.

2/ Make the world seem more alive.

But it also utterly ravages the fun of collectors because suddenly there's much less supply and much more demand. And the worst thing is when you see something on a flight point, but you know you can't get it because CRZ will kick you into a different realm the moment you land. Its such a tease.

CRZ should only let you see 'ghosts' of other players, people who you can see and talk to and fight if PvP, but who can't access resources or mobs or pets that are in your realm (and vice versa). With all the phasing tech, that shouldn't be hard to achieve.

Or just merge realms. Though that'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    See: Darkmoon Rabbit
    And? Rare pets are meant to be rare and again zones were designed with a certain population in mind and yes I'm sorry but that includes spawn rates. Also you do know no one can solo the mob that drops this pet right? It requires a rather large group and if anything that is probably why DMF island is a cross realm zone now since not every realm has enough people around to kill it. Cross realm zones were designed for exactly this purpose.

Just a note to the people wanting to merge servers: It won't help with empty zones. 90% of the people will still be in the high-end zones. And if they need to merge so many servers that there won't be population problems in the lower zones, I hope you have a computer that can handle a thousand people sitting in Shrine.