Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hate CRZ when I am leveling or questing or farming. I think it is a cheap way for Blizzard to give new players the illusion of a very alive world without actually solving the problem of low pop servers
    You're right! It is a cheap way! It didn't cost more resources than Blizzard could put into it, and it didn't require them to severely risk the integrity of the "Multi-Player" aspect of the game (i.e. server mergers and closings). That is exactly why Blizzard did it. If it was expensive, they probably would have left many to wallow in their lop population servers for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    CRZ: All of the problems of a high pop server, with none of the advantages.
    A highly populated server is a tamed version of what CRZ is. CRZ just amps that up more.

Deleted
    I don't mind the overcrowdedness, what I do mind is that CRZ's are a band-aid to the server population dilemma and Blizzard still think it's a superawesomesauce idea.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Do you enjoy it when they make things worse in-game?
    No, but what's better and what's worse is a matter of opinion. Many find seeing more people out in the world of a "Massive Multi-Player" game as better. Just because you don't, don't assume many many others share the same opinion. Once again, if you don't enjoy playing a game with lots of people around, even if it means competition for resources, you're playing the wrong type of game. There are many many other games targeted at your playstyle where you can play with only friends if you so choose, and have no competition for your gameplay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    CRZ: All of the problems of a high pop server, with none of the advantages.
    Exactly. Players may or may not be happy with seeing a particular zone or spawn overrun with their fellow players, but by and large I think most of us deal with it. CRZ is Blizzard literally going out of their way to make sure we experience the downside of high population, but without seeing any of the upsides like a consistent community, like a fully stocked auction house, a large variety of guilds, etc.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    i really hate ppl that go "CRZ world alive good! derp derp"
    its only an illusion, u might as well be playing with npc's, the ore the herbs the pets they all go to THEIR servers, to benefit THEM, its an US VS THEM situation.

and ppl are so..... dont wanna get banned for speaking truth so whatever. use your brains people.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but they 'are' real people. Unless they're opposite faction, you can talk to them, and you will realize they are real people playing the same game just like you are. That's not an illusion. And you know what? They have as much right to a healthy supply of resources as you do, except there's 8 million of them, and only so many servers. It makes sense that when there's too many players on a single server's zone that it shifts the excess to a server where there is lots more space and resources to go around. Just because your server is low pop, doesn't mean you have some sort of Blizzard given right to those resources over players on other servers! Its only selfishness that makes one believe they do!

All I needed was 1 more Pit Fighter more for the achievement Darkmoon Dominator. Now I will never get it....great.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    That is the only benefit for someone on a pve realm atm- an illusion sometimes! Otherwise if they don't implement it properly it is a waste of everyones time. That isn't an opinion it is fact
    No, its an opinion. Last time I checked, the definition of "Fact" is something backed up with plenty of evidence that almost everybody accepts. I see nothing about what you said there that fits this definition. Just because you say something is a fact, doesn't make it any more of one. Your "opinion" that your opinion is a fact is still an opinion! LOL

Deleted
    Wow you guys really are just looking for stuff to complain about...

DMF was a ghost town, this is a great change. I play an MMO to see everybody, not the odd 1 or 2. You lot really are very grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If I remember correctly DMF has been on CRZ for 1-2 months now. It might use the same feature as the Brawler's Guild. With that I mean that if you hit a certain amount of players from your realm in that zone, it won't be on CRZ.
    I wasn't in the last DMF, but in the one before that I surely met people of other realm. Probably some realms were out of it until this one when EVERY SINGLE REALM is at CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    See: Darkmoon Rabbit
    Wasn't enough to blow the open world mounts. They had to screw with rare pets, too.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Easy rare gathering was one of the only benefits of low pop realms. The other being little competition for resource spawns (which is counteracted by larger realms having way cheaper mats on the AH). Those were literally the only benefits to being on a low pop realm. The only one they have now is easy farming for max level mats.

If you don't think CRZ has had anything to do with low pop servers dying, then you're probably not on a low pop server. My server went from medium pop to low pop in the months following CRZ, and it's only getting worse. There are now no 25 man raiding guilds on my server. None.
    What are you saying? Are you saying that people who want to raid 25 man are leaving your server because of CRZ? - because they only raided on your server because they had free access to resources? CRZ has nothing to do with improving the raiding infrastructure of low-pop realms. In fact, it has very little to do with raiding at all. It is a tool to make people who level and farm for mats and such on a low pop realm feel the experience of an MMO, like it was when the particular zones were new and popular. If you expect it to solve your server raiding scene, you're crazy. People don't run 25 man raid guilds on lower population realms because 25 man raiding teams are tough enough to maintain on a high pop server, due to the flaws in the current raiding model, let alone trying to do it on a realm with lesser population.

The problem is that all the other players who were on your realm who wanted to raid 25 man realized something that you haven't - that 25 man raiding is not something that happens on lower population realms as a general rule. The made a good decision to leave and left you behind. If 25 man is your thing, you should learn from them and do the same. Time to leave!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    That music was creepy, you have to admit. They could totally use that track inside of an evil clown themed instance.
    And MoP dungeons differ from that in... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yall should post your frustrations on the WoW Forums. Ghostcrawler can't ban everyone for speaking out against it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bigger question ATM is why MOP zones are not all CRZ at this point. That would balance out the resources a lot more for most players in the game. This late in an expansion, all the zones in the game should be CRZ, except maybe one could make the point of leaving the two new islands out of it, as having more people may make the quests that benefit from grouping too easy to do. All of Pandaria should be CRZ at this point, IMO though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Oh how lovely clearly we needed this shoved down our throats. I hate CRZ in every aspect it offers nothing good at all.

It offers nothing levelling as group quests kinda don't exist any more, there's no benefit to seeing other players from other realms. They just kill your rares, get your battle pets and provide competition for mobs. I'm sure someone will play that "derp derp u no get game to yourself trash " but I didn't sign up to this game to be shoved into some unavoidable crap and no way to turn it off. When I started the game I played in my server now realms practically mean nothing.

And all they do is continue to shove it down our throats.
    Reading your post it sounds like you are more interested in a single player game. It's a MMO for a reason. Realms shouldn't matter much anymore and everything should just be one big realm, imo. The reason you play a MMO is to play with other people and see others around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    Wow you guys really are just looking for stuff to complain about...

DMF was a ghost town, this is a great change. I play an MMO to see everybody, not the odd 1 or 2. You lot really are very grumpy.
    So, those of us that like low population, with just enough people to interact with a concise manner, instead of living in a cacophony of needy people struggling for attention for themselves.... We are lesser players that do not deserve what we went to get, by playing in low-pop realms?

Thanks to clarify how considerate you, and probably Blizzard too, are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    Yall should post your frustrations on the WoW Forums. Ghostcrawler can't ban everyone for speaking out against it.
    The vocal minority will be heard!!!

I was certainly shocked when I zoned into the faire today. There are thousands at the faire today! And they also removed the darkmoon tickets from being soulbound, you can now do the dailies on your alts, even level 1's and mail them to your main to buy things with. No longer will it take almost 2 years to get the mounts and pets all done!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    So, those of us that like low population, with just enough people to interact with a concise manner, instead of living in a cacophony of needy people struggling for attention for themselves.... We are lesser players that do not deserve what we went to get, by playing in low-pop realms?

Thanks to clarify how considerate you, and probably Blizzard too, are.
    So you should be able to hog your space and resources all to yourself at the expense of players crowded on other realms just because you prefer it that way? Shouldn't have to share your space with anyone else, just because you don't want to? Sounds awefully inconsiderate to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I noticed a lot more people today. It was fun, felt like an actual fair, not the desert island I was used to.