Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Really? Really? Is it really free? I had no idea Blizzard was making it free to change servers! When did they announce this? I hadn't heard? Last I heard it costs additional money besides the subscription fee!

Blizzards old answer was - "some realms may be over or underpopulated, and this may suck for resources, but we can charge you for a server transfer so you can go elsewhere".

Blizzards new answer is "We'll adopt a new system to make resources more equal to players from all types of servers, so that unless your a raider looking for a particular raiding team, you don't need to transfer servers"

Making the game fairer rather than charging players money seems like a better solution to me.
    Wait, what? Do not distort my word. PEOPLE are free to chose the way. Either by paid transfers or "rerolling" a character in another realm.

And dude, again... There are advantages and disadvantages in realm population.
    And you reason is not even a reason. It's flawed, because now the realm with more people have an army gathering the low-level resources, and putting on their own separated auction house, while the low-pop server is getting shafted by having EVEN LESS resources in the auction house because the few gatherers are cut both by less resources available in the world and being discouraged to gather, because of unfair competition.

Which is ridiculous because Blizzard have so many designs that consider long-term and deep interaction, how this rather simple consideration escaped them?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructus View Post
    Also, people mentioned how the game has to evolve; This requires blizzard to evolve their loot system in kind in order for it to work or it becomes a preverbial meteor vs WoW the dinosaur. If they want to increase the social aspect of the game without creating too much negativity from too much competition more loot needs to drop from rare spawns based on how many players are grouped to kill them. Maybe 1 extra drop per 3-5 people would encourage people to group up for rares and not kill steal. The shared tag system from ToT was a step in the right direction, but it needs to be expanded upon.
    Correct, the amount of quest items that drop needs to be revisited and tweaked to reflect CRZ population, but this is a minor issue that can be improved. My issue is certainly not that the idea is perfect, but that it is a positive aspect of the game. I trust Blizzard will keep working until they get it perfect.

Blizzards new answer is "We'll adopt a new system to make resources more equal to players from all types of servers, so that unless your a raider looking for a particular raiding team, you don't need to transfer servers"

Making the game fairer rather than charging players money seems like a better solution to me.
    If anything it makes it even more unfair. When you don't have access to any resources, as there are barely any on AH, and every non MoP resource can only be really farmed during deep night. Also you can't make any gold on AH (thankfully I saved millions from the time when my server was more active), but it doesn't matter much as you can't buy anything anyway.

When the only advantage of low pop realm, such as calm questing and actually seeing rares was completely removed.

If anything it pushes the player to pay for server transfer or quit. And high pop servers have their own issues (many people don't roll on them because of that) - they are: login queue times, it is more lag + all disadvantages of CRZ (queues for quest objects, queues for resources so you better have gold to buy them from AH, no rares, etc.).

The whole CRZ is just one gigantic mistake which only made WoW's flaws to be even more evident, without actually helping any of those flaws.

Still sounding like a Bigot! Not helping yourself. You could meet and Battletag them if you wanted to. You need to start using words such as "I choose not to interact with them" or "I see no point in interacting with them". Everytime you say you "can't" you are making a false statement. They are real people and are other players - you can if you choose. In this day and age, its easier than ever to make friends from other servers - you don't even have to give them your real name anymore. Stop being a bigot, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and accept the fact that this game may be outgrowing you're concept of gaming, or just grow as a social MMO gamer. MMO's of the future will likely not have a true concept of "server", and well they probably shouldn't, because such concepts create such gamers with such bad anti-social attitudes as yourself!
    You can thank Blizz for that as they developed an overworld game that encourages individual competitiveness instead of mutual cooperation.

His statements are pretty spot-on in regards to that rare mount... it would be DISGUSTINGLY rare to find somebody who's willingly going to pass on it for you, especially when there's other competition in the area. Grouping up has little-to-no benefits for rare mob finding.

Son, you got the right idea - but for the WRONG game... that method you describe will work MUCH BETTER in a game like Elder Scrolls: Online where the entire overworld is designed for MUTUAL FACTION COOPERATION... not individual competition. Your method only works in things like LFD and LFR BECAUSE you're all together for a mutual goal. Overworld HAS no mutual goal and next to NO benefit for cooperation.

Yes, correct, thanks spirit330
    We here at Spirits330 and Co. work for your tomorrow--TODAY.

Well its supposed to be a faire not some spooky npc ghost town

You're AH is no different than any other AH's, regardless of what type of server its on. That's the point, fair and equal for everybody.
    I sit on millions of gold from good times, which I can't really use. I wanted to give my alts some "luxury" of 522 raid crafts, but I can't. Think I don't have to farm any consumables for our barely working raids as I have millions of gold to buy them from AH? No, I have to farm them myself as there is nothing on AH.

I'd rather live in totally unfair world if you define what I described as "fair".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It's flawed, because now the realm with more people have an army gathering the low-level resources, and putting on their own separated auction house, while the low-pop server is getting shafted by having EVEN LESS resources in the auction house because the few gatherers are cut both by less resources available in the world and being discouraged to gather, because of unfair competition.
    Are you suggesting that for years, player's on high population realms didn't stop farming Mats because they were frustrated by too much competition???? That's the reality - some people will compete, and others will curl up in a ball when faced with it. Now the high population servers have less competition for resources, meaning that players who did not farm mats originally now can for the first time. Imagine how players on those realms felt when they have faced that for years!!!! You gotta think of other people besides yourself, and definitely in different situations besides your own.

Anyone who stops gathering resources on a low pop server just because they have to compete now, where as before they were handed them by default is just lazy. There are lots of nodes on your realm to go around, always has been. Its just that now you don't have a ridiculously small amount of players free to harvest a ridiculously large amount of resources. You need to understand that this was never fair from the beginning, and just because you liked it that way better, doesn't mean that everyone else in the game did, and certainly doesn't make it right.

I really don't see how this is an issue, since there's hardly anything at the DMF for anyone from other servers to steal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the only sensible thing for Blizzard to do is make the Darkmoon Rabbit behave like the Pandaria world bosses with faction tag and individual loot with a default failbag (possibly containing tickets/tokens) and small chance at the pet.

Too damn crowded. That's all I got to say about it. Swear I've seen capitol cities less crowded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I really don't see how this is an issue, since there's hardly anything at the DMF for anyone from other servers to steal.
    they could steal your sweet rolls....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    If anything it makes it even more unfair. When you don't have access to any resources, as there are barely any on AH, and every non MoP resource can only be really farmed during deep night. Also you can't make any gold on AH (thankfully I saved millions from the time when my server was more active), but it doesn't matter much as you can't buy anything anyway.

When the only advantage of low pop realm, such as calm questing and actually seeing rares was completely removed.

If anything it pushes the player to pay for server transfer or quit. And high pop servers have their own issues (many people don't roll on them because of that) - they are: login queue times, it is more lag + all disadvantages of CRZ (queues for quest objects, queues for resources so you better have gold to buy them from AH, no rares, etc.).

The whole CRZ is just one gigantic mistake which only made WoW's flaws to be even more evident, without actually helping any of those flaws.
    I don't think you're understanding my position, because that just illustrates my point. The advantages of being on a low-population realm are almost gone, and that's the point. There should be no advantages to being on a low vs high population server apart from raiding. This business of high population server vs low population server and advantages and disadvantages needs to disappear completely to make the entire game fair for all. If there is any advantage to be gained from being on a higher population server, it should be access to raiding, a particular raid style, or a particular raid team - not resource access. If you want to raid lots, you may want to move to a higher population server. If not, it should matter whether you're on a low or high population server - access to resources should be the same.

Oh, and your point "When you don't have access to resources" is ridiculous. They're laying on the ground throughout each zone. You just have to not be lazy, and go out and find one that no one else is at, exactly the way it is on high population servers, and exactly the way its meant to be. Resources are meant to be a free-for-all, not a default reward for the few players that actually go out to get them.
    Last edited by Rielthas; 2013-06-03 at 04:09 AM.

Before DMF was CRZed there were about 80~100 (2 to 3 raid) every time DMF started racing for the darkmoon rabbit, and this month after CRZed for like 5 to 6 realms I couldn't really know how many raids there becuz the whole server just lagged and for me not even a player nor an NPC could be loaded to screen when I was wandering for 15 minutes.
    I could imagine there would be like at least 500 characters rushing to the faire at that moment.

Are you suggesting that for years, player's on high population realms didn't stop farming Mats because they were frustrated by too much competition???? That's the reality - some people will compete, and others will curl up in a ball when faced with it. Now the high population servers have less competition for resources, meaning that players who did not farm mats originally now can for the first time. Imagine how players on those realms felt when they have faced that for years!!!! You gotta think of other people besides yourself, and definitely in different situations besides your own.

Anyone who stops gathering resources on a low pop server just because they have to compete now, where as before they were handed them by default is just lazy. There are lots of nodes on your realm to go around, always has been. Its just that now you don't have a ridiculously small amount of players free to harvest a ridiculously large amount of resources. You need to understand that this was never fair from the beginning, and just because you liked it that way better, doesn't mean that everyone else in the game did, and certainly doesn't make it right.
    DOESN'T MATTER. There is still a bunch of resources on the high pop AH, just spread between different gatherers, CRZ or not.

Meanwhile in the low pop, now there is even LESS, because beside the lack of gatherers to auction them, now there is too a lack OF NODES to be gathered, thanks to the unfair competition.

NO ONE CAN BEAT MATH, and math is saying that Low pop is shafted by CRZ.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I sit on millions of gold from good times, which I can't really use. I wanted to give my alts some "luxury" of 522 raid crafts, but I can't. Think I don't have to farm any consumables for our barely working raids as I have millions of gold to buy them from AH? No, I have to farm them myself as there is nothing on AH.

I'd rather live in totally unfair world if you define what I described as "fair".
    I get it! The rich shouldn't have to work for anything because they're rich, eh? I think you'll all agree and sympathize with him eh? [Tiny fiddler anyone]. Hey, you could always pay a ridiculously large amount of gold to us poor players to go out and farm matts for you? I'm sure you'd find someone who would love the gold, if you want to be lazy. I see players on my servers asking for ridiculously large amounts of gold to buy vanity items such as mounts all the time. Why not offer them a bunch of gold to farm for you if you got the goods! Share the wealth, rich man LOL!

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    DOESN'T MATTER. There is still a bunch of resources on the high pop AH, just spread between different gatherers, CRZ or not.

Meanwhile in the low pop, now there is even LESS, because beside the lack of gatherers to auction them, now there is too a lack OF NODES to be gathered, thanks to the unfair competition.

NO ONE CAN BEAT MATH, and math is saying that Low pop is shafted by CRZ.
    What are you talking about? Blizzard has said, there is the same amount of nodes and potential nodes in the same zone on every server, and the respawn rate scales with how fast they are consumed. There is the same amount of access to nodes on a high population server as on a low population server, its just that players on low pop servers are sad because they were used to being handed them. Its equal opportunity - there is just as many nodes available no matter what server you're on, because CRZ ensures that roughly the same number of players are in the same zone on every active server. Its exactly the same experience for players on both realms, only difference is low pop players don't like it!

Now as to the notion that the crz players are stealing your resources, this is reality only because not enough people on your realm choose to gather the resources. Lets say your server had 1000 players, and a high pop one had 10000 players. If just 30 of your realms players chose to gather resources in the same zone, there would be no CRZ for that zone on your server. The reason you have so much competition from other realms is because not enough players on your realm are motivated enough to go after your own resources. The laziness of players on your realm should not be an excuse to horde resoures from players on other realms who would love to be gathering resources, but are experiencing ridiculous competition from players from their own realm (regardless of whether or not this helps the realms economy).
    Last edited by Rielthas; 2013-06-03 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it! The rich shouldn't have to work for anything because they're rich, eh? I think you'll all agree and sympathize with him eh? [Tiny fiddler anyone]. Hey, you could always pay a ridiculously large amount of gold to us poor players to go out and farm matts for you? I'm sure you'd find someone who would love the gold, if you want to be lazy. I see players on my servers asking for ridiculously large amounts of gold to buy vanity items such as mounts all the time. Why not offer them a bunch of gold to farm for you if you got the goods! Share the wealth, rich man LOL!

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:16 PM ----------

What are you talking about? Blizzard has said, there is the same amount of nodes and potential nodes in the same zone on every server, and the respawn rate scales with how fast they are consumed. There is the same amount of access to nodes on a high population server as on a low population server, its just that players on low pop servers are sad because they were used to being handed them. Its equal opportunity - there is just as many nodes available no matter what server you're on, because CRZ ensures that roughly the same number of players are in the same zone on every active server. Its exactly the same experience for players on both realms, only difference is low pop players don't like it!
    he earned his gold in the "good times" i can see his point of just wanting to buy gear i had the same thoughts before i spent all my gold on a piece of gear only to have it drop the next raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it too busy.. people lining up for the Bandaid quest.
    Nethertheless, our opinions don't matter here.
    Blizzard doesn't read these forums. --_--

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    he earned his gold in the "good times" i can see his point of just wanting to buy gear i had the same thoughts before i spent all my gold on a piece of gear only to have it drop the next raid
    Reality is though, that his definition of Good Time was only a "Good Time" for players on low pop servers. They should not have been "Good Times" except for the fact that the technology for CRZ was not available at that time. There are many ways to work hard and make lots of money in WoW - the wealth of players should not be unfairly "padded" by the fact that they are on a server where resources are handed to the player by default.

Honestly, I hate CRZ, and the most zones that can stay out of it the better. Most unfortunate that DMF is CRZ now, but I don't even go there too much anymore, so whatever.

I hope Pandaria only becomes CRZ in the next expansion, and every new zone that comes in all next expansions stay out of CRZ for the entire duration of said expansion. I mean, I REALLY hope this happens.