Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whittaker View Post
    If the only argument to support CRZ is people saying "MMORPG HAS PEOPLE DEAL WITH IT", they are failing to understand the complaint of CRZ.
    Yep. Especially when they resort to cheap insults as well to replace their lack of an argument.

I want people in my MMO, not ghosts. I want resources that don't disappear when I walk towards them. I want enemies that don't disappear when I approach them. I want more people to choose from to join my raiding team.

CRZ doesn't give me that. It gives me ghosts and inconveniance. It outright ruins the fun for some people.

And ironically those same people are the ones who whine that an item level crunch would ruin their fun of running low level dungeons. Because change only matters when it effects them.

Anyway, as for the shareholders. Why would they care if some of the servers were shut down and merged? All they need to be told is "we're making cuts to the upkeep of the game by removing hardware we don't need". That's a plus - it means the game is making more profits via not spending so much on the servers. Plus it would probably bring a lot of people back to the game who quit due to their server being dead and not wanting to spend hundreds on transferring elsewhere.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    Blizzard fans would be ridiculing that company and its product to no end, this company gets a free-pass to sub-standard solutions somehow
    Not really. Ironically you're the sort of person who mocks Blizzard for certain things (LFG, for example) but then praises different companies for adding the exact same features. Or says WoW is dying when your chosen 'WoWkiller' just halved its already small subscription base. But keep kidding yourself if it makes you feel better.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-06-03 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Ironically you're the sort of person who mocks Blizzard for certain things (LFG, for example) but then praises different companies for adding the exact same features. Or says WoW is dying when your chosen 'WoWkiller' just halved its already small subscription base. But keep kidding yourself if it makes you feel better.
    Are you sure you're replying to the right individual?
    I'm not offended or anything just dumbfounded about where you got all that.

"I think you're the sort of person who doesn't change their socks but that's ok if it makes you feel better."
    (Yea I have as much evidence to reach that conclusion as you, that is to say absolutely zero)
    Last edited by mmocb2ea88a996; 2013-06-04 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Which is a problem of the community, not CRZ. I utilize CRZ all the time to play with friends on other servers, so for me, all I get is a positive experience out of it.
    That's RealID grouping, which I agree is a pretty good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Oh no, they are populating my MMO with other people! What am I going to do!?
    No, they're not. That's the core of many objections to CRZ: Blizzard is pretending to populate your MMO with more people, in no small part so it won't feel like it's full of dying realms.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I've probably visited the Darkmoon Faire for the last time, after yesterday's "fun" encounter with a group of 15 opposing faction people from other realms, ALL of whom were managing to attack me and others in the "sanctuary" area of the Faire. It's at the point where WoW isn't fun, as there are so many cyber bullies out there who have managed to outmaneuver the developers at Blizzard and are able to fight while still mounted on their flying mounts, attack you in a "safe zone" (three times in Dalaran and now in Darkmoon Faire), and then there is that wonderful little AddOn which allows you to track anyone, regardless of the zone/continent/city.

Unfortunately, I do not like CRZ, as it allows a lot of hate, anger, malice and obnoxious behavior to take place, and Blizzard will only turn a blind eye, saying "well, just PAY to go to a non-PvP server" or, my favorite from Ghost Crawler himself, when asked why people can't have the option of choosing PvE only on a PvP server/realm (with a very logical and well-thought argument which included cool-down times for changing, and other ideas to make it work), "If you don't like it, then you can always unsubscribe."

It does appear that Blizzard is making is unbearable for the people who want to have a fun, sane time of it in WoW, by catering to the (hopefully) relatively few who have anger issues and who get their kicks by being cyber bullies and getting their nerd rage on...

A most unfortunate turn of events, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    I've probably visited the Darkmoon Faire for the last time, after yesterday's "fun" encounter with a group of 15 opposing faction people from other realms, ALL of whom were managing to attack me and others in the "sanctuary" area of the Faire. It's at the point where WoW isn't fun, as there are so many cyber bullies out there who have managed to outmaneuver the developers at Blizzard and are able to fight while still mounted on their flying mounts, attack you in a "safe zone" (three times in Dalaran and now in Darkmoon Faire), and then there is that wonderful little AddOn which allows you to track anyone, regardless of the zone/continent/city.

Unfortunately, I do not like CRZ, as it allows a lot of hate, anger, malice and obnoxious behavior to take place, and Blizzard will only turn a blind eye, saying "well, just PAY to go to a non-PvP server" [snip]
    At this point is where I facepalmed...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    or, my favorite from Ghost Crawler himself, when asked why people can't have the option of choosing PvE only on a PvP server/realm (with a very logical and well-thought argument which included cool-down times for changing, and other ideas to make it work), "If you don't like it, then you can always unsubscribe."
    And at this point is where I laughed.

Seriously dude... please stop. Not because of right or wrong, but because you're giving those of us who hate CRZ for LEGITIMATE REASONS (IE. PVE server awfulness, destroyed economies, ect...) a REALLY bad name.

You rolled on a PVP server... PVP happens... that's the POINT of a PVP server... your reason is so pathetically minor and trite it's not funny. The whole POINT of their being PVP and PVE servers is so that people who don't like risking getting randomly ganked while playing the game don't have to...

Your "Very logical and well-thought out argument" has been implemented in the game since launch... it's called PVE SERVERS. The PVP cooldowns, everything you described... they're on the PVE servers.

WHile I don't like GC's ignorance sometimes - what you're asking for here is equally ignorant. Worse, it's making the REAL issues with CRZ look bad because people see those like you and shrug off the CRZ problem as being only a "PVPer who can't handle a PVP server" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastaman View Post
    That's RealID grouping, which I agree is a pretty good thing.
    Which was not possible in the sense of questing with my friends until CRZ came out. At best we could run dungeons, and that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    At this point is where I facepalmed...

And at this point is where I laughed.

Seriously dude... please stop. Not because of right or wrong, but because you're giving those of us who hate CRZ for LEGITIMATE REASONS (IE. PVE server awfulness, destroyed economies, ect...) a REALLY bad name.

You rolled on a PVP server... PVP happens... that's the POINT of a PVP server... your reason is so pathetically minor and trite it's not funny. The whole POINT of their being PVP and PVE servers is so that people who don't like risking getting randomly ganked while playing the game don't have to...

Your "Very logical and well-thought out argument" has been implemented in the game since launch... it's called PVE SERVERS. The PVP cooldowns, everything you described... they're on the PVE servers.

WHile I don't like GC's ignorance sometimes - what you're asking for here is equally ignorant. Worse, it's making the REAL issues with CRZ look bad because people see those like you and shrug off the CRZ problem as being only a "PVPer who can't handle a PVP server" issue.
    I didn't roll on the current server, which is PvP. I started out on a PvE server, but I transferred to be with friends and people whom I admire and respect, who are in the guild which I joined. I am allowed to say that I dislike PvP, as you are allowed your own opinions.

As for "ignorance," I think that you should take the time to ponder the bigger issues, one of which is all of the people, including myself, who have moved to PvP servers ONLY because of the guild, and for no other reason. It's bad enough dealing with one set of morons who love the cyber bullying gig, but to add countless others to the mix makes it intolerable.

My point, if you had really read my post, was that there are enough "cheats" and "workarounds" to make for a nasty situation, let alone adding countless others with the same abilities to screw up what should be a great experience.

I see people like you, and the first thought is "Wow... he's got over 9,000 posts, and all he can spew is hate."

There are so many great comments, and fantastic ideas, which are posted in the forums, and derogatory remarks aren't helpful in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Does it matter? It's not like they can 'steal your kill' in any of the games there. Afraid they take your fish?
    No, but it now takes twice as long to do gathering profession quests and the first aid one. I take it from your sneering comment you do not have such professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you know that? It is an assumption out of thin air. I can as well claim most people would prefer a empty world. I would, for example.
    So what's the point of playing an MMO then? Play Skyrim or something if you want an empty world.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    No, but it now takes twice as long to do gathering profession quests and the first aid one. I take it from your sneering comment you do not have such professions.
    Oh shit, now it takes you 2 minutes to do one of those quests instead of 1. Your life is ruined.

Moderator Note: Knock off the personal stuff and stick to the topic. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-06-04 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    So what's the point of playing an MMO then? Play Skyrim or something if you want an empty world.
    This is not constructive, especially if to take into account, that barely anyone got any benefits from CRZ, some people are indifferent, some hate it and some already quitted over it. If you will read entire thread - you might understand why.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Oh shit, now it takes you 2 minutes to do one of those quests instead of 1. Your life is ruined.
    Queues for vital resources/vital activities always end catastrophically. There are many great example of this in real life - same Soviet Russia, which had long queues for food while being under illusion of happiness and, as someone before tried to call it in CRZ, fairness. It all ended in gigantic economic crisis, immense hyperinflation and separation of countries.

Crowd/queues is one of the most horrible things in the world. Stop bringing this in video game.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-06-04 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Queues for vital resources/vital activities always end catastrophically. There are many great example of this in real life - same Soviet Russia, which had long queues for food while being under illusion of happiness and, as someone before tried to call it in CRZ, fairness. It all ended in gigantic economic crisis, immense hyperinflation and separation of countries.

Crowd/queues is one of the most horrible things in the world. Stop bringing this in video game.
    Right, like I admit, personally aside from lag and general chat becoming shitty (the more people, the more trolls take over chat that are too numerous to ignore), I don't really have problems with any quests. Well, except for bugged quests due to lag such as the Blastenheimer Bullseye, in other words, shitty major bugs introduced that weren't there before the "great leap forward" of CRZ.

But that's not to say a new player who isn't as ruthless/fast of a clicker and sneaky with a camera won't just quit the game and go to a game that can better manage having multiple players in zones.

Again as people have pointed out numerous times, people and competition in themselves aren't the issue. The real issues are:

1) Technical issues
    2) The style of gameplay WoW represents makes having more people a bad thing, not a good thing, in zones. Until this is fixed first (and not as an afterthought), artificially pumping in people from other servers is a bad way to go.

crz is the biggest shit that blizzard developed in the last year
    it fucks up brawlers guild .. and now the arena in DMF .. i mean it's almost impossible to win right now, but with even more people it's just starting to get retarded

more people more lag .. no reason .. oh wow it doesn't look empty .. well sometimes i like it when i can do a quest withtout 5 guys sittng on a big mount in a questmob ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels good to see 200 people at the DMF again instead of only 3.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Feels good to see 200 ghosts at the DMF again instead of only 3.
    fixed that for you - cause with people you can interact & trade ....

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that this is something that people disagree about and emotions can get away from you at times. That said, take a deep breath and go back through your post to be sure that stuff that's personally insulting toward those with another opinion gets deleted before hitting the button to post it. Thanks. Better you take it out than me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    This is not constructive, especially if to take into account, that barely anyone got any benefits from CRZ, some people are indifferent, some hate it and some already quitted over it. If you will read entire thread - you might understand why.
    You're making generalizations without contributing anything to the discussion, let alone anything resembling a compelling argument. Everything that has come about in CRZ is the same as being on a high population realm. I'm sorry that you don't like interacting with people, but I would much prefer to have my world full of other people. Perhaps you haven't played many MMOs? Competition for resources, rare spawns, etc are normal. Also, condescending tones don't give you any more credibility, quite the contrary.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    fixed that for you - cause with people you can interact & trade ....
    I didn't realize you couldn't interact with people on other realms. I'm pretty sure you can. Not being able to trade with someone isn't not being able to interact with someone. You can speak to them, duel/pvp with them, emote to them, invite them to groups if they're the same faction, but right, that's not interacting at all.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-06-04 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Which was not possible in the sense of questing with my friends until CRZ came out. At best we could run dungeons, and that was about it.
    They just happened to come out at the same time, and they use some of the same technology, but if they could do away with CRZ and still keep RealID grouping if they wanted to, they don't want to. I'm not planning on rage quitting over this, but I reall dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I'm sorry that you don't like interacting with people, but I would much prefer to have my world full of other people. Perhaps you haven't played many MMOs? Competition for resources, rare spawns, etc are normal.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people.[COLOR="red"]
    QFT.
    This sums up my thoughts quite well. WoW is not a single-player RPG.

Yesterday at DMF we had a Barthilas vs Frostmourne battle for the arena chest. It was a blast. Before x-realm there would have only been 1-2 people. Now there are people in the arena up for a fight even when the chest isn't around.
    It was also refreshing to see so many people running around at the faire attractions.
    Last edited by Krixooks; 2013-06-04 at 07:55 AM.