Thread: SHAMAN T15 set

Deleted

SHAMAN T15 set

Hello, worth getting 4 sets T15 for the reduced cooldown of Ascendance or just get two of them and rest 522?

It is worth it if you have the haste

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    It is worth it if you have the haste
    Or mastery. on some fights set bonus isnt that usefull but overall it is worth to have
    Last edited by mrinvisable2; 2013-06-03 at 03:23 AM.

Wether or not it is useful for a fight (either really long or short) it is a solid 4set that many do not kno how to use. Getting 45 seconds off the cool down gives you 45 seconds to use before its back to normal cool down. In a fight where you wouldn't get an extra ascendance, you literally have 45 seconds to line ascendance up with your best possible trinket procs. No point in using ascendance until you getting some damage buffs and worst case you don't get any and you line it up with skull banner, unless you don't have a warrior in which case you had bad rng.

The only fight this entire tier that you save ascendance for anything on, whether it be a specific target or to line up with coolsdowns, is H Durumu.

Saving Ascendance for a trinket proc is silly, especially since all our good trinkets (every trinket other then Shado-pan, and Shado-pan is the worst t15 trinket) is RPPM, and thus non predictable. You also dont save it for Skull Banner, because that wastes ascendances on fights over 4 minutes.

You always want 4p. It is an amazing 4p, and there is no qualifier on whether you want it or not, you always want it.

Ok I'm sorry to tell you but if you have no time to fit I an extra ascendance then there is definitely a reason to wait for procs. It makes no sense to use on cool down if you know that with or without the 4 set you'll only get X ascendances.

Quote Originally Posted by Foogyjenkins View Post
    Ok I'm sorry to tell you but if you have no time to fit I an extra ascendance then there is definitely a reason to wait for procs. It makes no sense to use on cool down if you know that with or without the 4 set you'll only get X ascendances.
    This. It's minor but if you know you won't get another use of the CD you SHOULD be trying to get the maximum out of the last pop, lining them up, waiting for a proc as long as you can, or otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This. It's minor but if you know you won't get another use of the CD you SHOULD be trying to get the maximum out of the last pop, lining them up, waiting for a proc as long as you can, or otherwise.
    Not really.

Again, everything is rppm. You can't predict procs, and waiting for a more ideal situation is just begging for things to go wrong. Maybe if you're doing Normal mode farm content where you can't get fucked, sure, but its rather poor play otherwise.

Deleted
    On my ilvl 529 shaman it's basically always 55-65 sec off between ascendances, so I see no good reason why not to take the set bonus. You'd take it if it was just a flat 1min off the cd.

And about waiting the RPPM trinkets to proc, it's just stupid since RPPM trinkets are so unpredictable when it comes to proc timings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikestorm View Post
    Not really.

Again, everything is rppm. You can't predict procs, and waiting for a more ideal situation is just begging for things to go wrong. Maybe if you're doing Normal mode farm content where you can't get fucked, sure, but its rather poor play otherwise.
    Why would you not wait? Read what was said. YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER POP OF THESE COOLDOWNS AGAIN. Ofcourse you should wait. Naturally fight mechanics trump maxing dps but if you have nothing to use them for (yknow like most fights towards the end of the fight) waiting 15-20 seconds proc fishing is the correct thing to do. You will not in any way shape or form lose dps, and you obviously aren't going to blow off mechanics to do this, I don't see how you can dispute the fact this gives out more dps and is just straight up better play.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Not sure what fight you could possibly be saving it on where you get 20 seconds to fish for a proc where other shit isn't going on that could go wrong.

It isn't Jinrohk (used in puddles), Horridon (The final burn while being chased by a pink dino? Yeah, perfect time to save), or Council (Take too long to dps down a particular boss at any point is bad if youre on progression, and if its on farm then bosses arent staying alive long enough other then to make you target swap to a new one).

It isn't Tortos (lolturtleseverywhere), Meg (used on the final head burn during lust), Ji-kun (usage depends on your platforms, but theres never a reasonable point to delay usage outside of a couple seconds to grab nutriments, which is quite different then fishing for an rppm proc), or Durumu (used on death beam icewalls).

It maybe works on Primordius, but probably not. (you use it when you get fully mutated and lust, then 2 minutes later you need to refresh buffs so you then use it again after your get mutated... you could try to fish for procs near the end, I guess, but when progressing on this fight theres already a lot of hectic movement going on near the end and hopefully you just refreshed buffs rather then them about to fall off, which is more likely near the end)

You don't do it on Dark Animus (timed around jolts rather then procs), Qon (you just it on the lust with the three adds up, so by the time it comes up again 2 minutes later boss would be dead, or close enough to it that you cant save it without wasting it), or TC (killing suen asap will consume your ascendence, and if it comes up after that lulin is near dead anyway).

You don't do it on Lei Shen (You ascend at the first quadrant and the fourth quadrant of p1, the second quadrant of p2, and the lust at the start of p3. If its up again in p3, the boss is almost dead and saving your cd just keeps him alive longer), or Ra-den (it's about an 8 minute fight, if you dont use it on cd you waste a proc, and you're already having to push back to ensure you get it in in between essences in P1).

So yeah, I just totally disputed that fact and shown how its worse play to save your important dps cd to fish for procs that might not come at key moments in fights, especially when you are working progression on hard heroic bosses that you undergear. It's absolutely terrible play that is only reasonable after you have a boss on farm and your raid can kill it even while you try to get a parse rather then kill a boss.
    Last edited by Ikestorm; 2013-06-06 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Why would you not wait? Read what was said. YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER POP OF THESE COOLDOWNS AGAIN. Ofcourse you should wait. Naturally fight mechanics trump maxing dps but if you have nothing to use them for (yknow like most fights towards the end of the fight) waiting 15-20 seconds proc fishing is the correct thing to do. You will not in any way shape or form lose dps, and you obviously aren't going to blow off mechanics to do this, I don't see how you can dispute the fact this gives out more dps and is just straight up better play.
    Because you could wait a lot and when you finaly use it the boss debufs you with something that has you moving away from him, throws something at you that needs you to stop attacking or something, if you have somethign off CD and theres a good opoortunity to use it (you know boss is not gona screw you mid CD for instance), use it, dont wait for a completly unpredictable RPPM trinket prock cause you might just screw yourself.

Also there are certain parts/phases of certian figths that require a CD way more than others, so use it on those moments and dont save it for procs.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-06-06 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Because you could wait a lot and when you finaly use it the boss debufs you with something that has you moving away from him, throws something at you that needs you to stop attacking or something, if you have somethign off CD and theres a good opoortunity to use it (you know boss is not gona screw you mid CD for instance), use it, dont wait for a completly unpredictable RPPM trinket prock cause you might just screw yourself.

Also there are certain parts/phases of certian figths that require a CD way more than others, so use it on those moments and dont save it for procs.
    I already covered your second point twice, please read. As to the first point, movement is a non-issue since elemental is already extremely mobile and for that last step you have SWG which is also a CD that may be off cd towards the end. Something that causes you to stop attacking in the last minute of the fight? Very VERY few fights with such a mechanic.

If you have approx 1 min left, excluding obvious fight mechanics you will know about in advance to avoid/handle, you are better off waiting to see if you can get that proc, because it will up your dps and in turn make the fight slightly shorter (as is technically the point of increasing your dps).

Don't get me wrong guys, I hate RPPM trinkets as much as the next guy. They are a terrible mechanic that punishes people who used the old trinkets skillfully with RNG. That being said, it's still possible to attempt to optimize using them a little bit, even as a shaman.

I'd build two sets of gear and mix and match depending on fight mechanics and durations. Then again...if you're in a 10 man like me, you'll never see the cool Mail off Pieces drop and Ra'den drops Plate 5 weeks in a row.