Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shaman vs the brawlers guild

Hey all u shaman out there i jus hit rank 10 IN THE brawler's guild and i was just curious
    To see who else has hit that.
    It would also be cool to know which boss has or is giving u the hardest time, and if you all could share some tips
    On what ya did to overcome some of the harder bosses.
    Mine was disruption i have killed every boss with the exception of this guy. Im sure most of you know
    Levitate doesnot work anymore so if you hav an suggestions id love to hear them

Oh btw the last rank 9 boss ahoo'ru is pretty tough but as a shaman u can faceroll him with glyph
    Of grounding totem and reflect all 12 stacks of ths debuff on to him im pretty sure that is un intended
    So exploit it while you can

Tyvm for all the input.

All the bosses are pretty easy with current gear levels. I keep saying they should scale your gear to something like 500 ilvl max, so this solo content remains challenging even in the next patch. I actually had a lot of fun progressing these rare bosses in 500 ilvl, every single mistake meant wipe or hitting the enrage timer. In 5.3, I just facerolled all of the new bosses in one evening.

For Disruptron, I learned how to jump from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH0q-XqWNQw
    Just save all your cooldowns + lust for last 30%.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    All the bosses are pretty easy with current gear levels. I keep saying they should scale your gear to something like 500 ilvl max, so this solo content remains challenging even in the next patch. I actually had a lot of fun progressing these rare bosses in 500 ilvl, every single mistake meant wipe or hitting the enrage timer. In 5.3, I just facerolled all of the new bosses in one evening.

For Disruptron, I learned how to jump from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH0q-XqWNQw
    Just save all your cooldowns + lust for last 30%.
    just found the safe zone and he was face roll appreciate the feed back

Ahoo'ru is giving me trouble but not 5 minutes ago in the Monk forum a shaman, whom I suppose also plays a Monk, mention glyph of grounding totem. Now that I know this, I shouldn't have as much trouble with the enrage.

I've defeated everything bar the stupid blind hero as i can't get his quest item.

As enhance 533ilvl I one shot everything except hexos and ahoo'ru took a few attempts.

I did all the other bosses as enhance when it first came out, except Disruptron.. even with my gear he kicked my ass. So i went ele. *shame*

10+ Year Old Account
    elemental shaman; itemlevel 516 with raidfinder/valor gear. got rank 10 yesterday....ahoo'ru wasn't that bad after all, was quite easy (~2hrs of tries) with glyphed grounding totem and call of the elements in phase 2.

hardest boss for me was battletron or nibbleh due to my low itemlevel.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    whom I suppose also plays a Monk, mention glyph of grounding totem.
    My monk is level 12

I also tried out thunderstorming ahoo'ru to the side as soon as the first angel spawned (only then does he become susceptible to knockbacks)...so somehow you can then avoid his converging stars. on my successfull attempt i didn't thunderstorm him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    elemental shaman; itemlevel 516 with raidfinder/valor gear. got rank 10 yesterday....ahoo'ru wasn't that bad after all, was quite easy (~2hrs of tries) with glyphed grounding totem and call of the elements in phase 2.

hardest boss for me was battletron or nibbleh due to my low itemlevel.
    battletron? that stuff was tuned for like 490 ilevel.

My monk is level 12

I also tried out thunderstorming ahoo'ru to the side as soon as the first angel spawned (only then does he become susceptible to knockbacks)...so somehow you can then avoid his converging stars. on my successfull attempt i didn't thunderstorm him.
    shaman has it quite easy in the new brawlers, most of the fights are tuned quite low. Hexoz is just a test how well can you do your rotation blindly as you gotta watch the maze, but thats basically nonissue for ele, as you just pop CDs and in first 20 seconds hes at half HP or less and from there you could just LB spam him to death well before enrage. Anthracite can be bursted down immediately after usiing the initial extra button with CDs, and popping AG/SR at the end if/when he goes pulsing again. Nibbleh is just about overcoming random spits on the ground and make an efficient path, berserk is not an issue there. Ahooru is all about doing p1 efficiently, if you got minute+ when p2 stars, is cakewalk even without grounding glyph. I oneshot other bosses without any issues. The only really tough dps check is Mingus Diggs, it requires something like 155k dps for 2 minutes, while managing debuffs correctly. You need decent gear and/or raidbuffs to beat this one.

But Im disappointed with how low were most of the new bosses tuned, the 5.1 rank 7 and specials were tuned quite tightly for fully 5.0 normal decked players, the new ones were pretty easy in normal 5.2 gear

Deleted
    Having done Rank 8 before 5.2 and Rank 10 ... the introduction of new bosses with 5.3 felt way too late. Almost every boss was heavily outgeared in contrast to the bosses of Rank 7 and 8 before. (Though there was no boss you couldn't burst down till the end of Rank 6)

@Sarevokcz: I strongly agree with you about Hexos. Nibbleh though is just switching Run/Walk with a keybinding after running into his corner and moving constantly backward till you almost hit the corner.

All of the new bosses were merely a joke and i hope for some challenges that suit people's gear with 5.4/5.5

The problems with these things is not everyone got full hc gear. I am ilvl 504 and with 7 PvP parts. But I think warlocks and shamans have it quite easy in the brawlers guild. I'm currently at nibbleh anyone got any tips for me?

Deleted
    When ported into the arena:
    - switch into wolf and run to the respective corner (Alliance: distant right one)
    - DON'T USE earth elemental as it will stuck Nibbleh
    - place your Primal Fire Elemental
    - prepot Brawler's/Jade Serpent Potion

- since it takes Nibbleh 1 or 2 globals to reach your position you can use Unleash (metaproc) and Lust as the start
    - double tap your backward key while flameshocking the snake
    - SWG + Ascendance while moving along the right wall (seen from yout spawning region in the arena), continue to move backward with short pauses
    - BEFORE you reach the corner, turn around (easier way) and run to front wall of the arena or continue moving backward without pauses (if you pause, he gets stacks normally)

- continue casting LB, use Lava Surge Procs and recast FS/cast ES+7 whenever needed
    - after a minute use Searing (w/o Earth Ele!)
    - use HST on CD and HTT/Guidance when you drop really low (could happen when it takes a while)

- fight gets more complicated at the third at fourth wall since you will have to care for spitpools (in case of bad luck already at second wall but - screw it) - don't try to move small curves since most of these trys will result in stacks and wiping

I was around ilvl 485 when the first round came out, and the hardest boss I did was GG Engineering. Had around 70 wipes on him or something ridiculous. I never actually killed him, my fight got bugged and ended up having to kill Bruce or something stupid with another person in the ring with me.

But other than that, hit rank 10 pretty quick this go around. None of the fights were hard, I killed the new eye boss on my 2nd try or something after a 200k wipe my first time seeing it.

20-30mins, our Realm+ CRZ realm's attached to ours must all be dead. Since around a week or 2 after its release when I have been bored and wanted to waste time on pointless content, I go in and its at most 1-2 people in there besides me.

Deleted
    fully cleared as of sunday last week.
    (Eu Shattered hand, Sephaistos, if you dont believe me)
    Disruptron was a pain so far, followed by Hexos with 1h queues. After Hexos it was pretty much oneshots all the way to the end with 522+ ilv. Died once on Blind hero because of going "blindly" for the fight .

Burst of Enhancer is simply weird. Nuke down all high rank bosses in 20 sec with this abnormal burst damage isn't fun to see =/

Hexos was the bane of me, to the point where I gave up on ever defeating him (I'm elemental). The lines just move too fast for me, and even if I ever get that right, I'm not sure I can keep a constant high DPS to get him down before enrage. Bleh. 8(

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Hexos was the bane of me, to the point where I gave up on ever defeating him (I'm elemental). The lines just move too fast for me, and even if I ever get that right, I'm not sure I can keep a constant high DPS to get him down before enrage. Bleh. 8(
    yeh same as elemental i kept doing weak dps and lasting ages, so i decided to just focus fully on dps and hope i don't fail, he died i died, finished the fight 293k dps....carried by my gear lol.

Deleted
    Our enhancement shaman managed to rank 10 a few days ago. We were there watching him and others do it and he didn't seem to have any "roadblocks" aside from Hexos and that last Paladin dude.

Lol I just finished nibbluh I had like no space left and my lave surge saved the day before enraged fire could kill me. Still I feel really undergeared with only ilvl 504 with 7 parts pvp but it seems to do the job! thanks for the information on nibbluh btw I just binded my move backwards to middle mouse button and backpaddled with slow walk on.

edit: just killed Dr fist but that guy was a total joke. I hope I have enough dps to kill the last guy but I think I will lack some. Anyone got some tips for Ahoo'ru for the first phase?
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-05 at 07:43 AM.

Anyone tried glyphed grounding on Ahoo'ru? cant get it to work at all :S

Deleted
    Glyphed grounding reflects 3m dmg pre divine circle, Unless that has been changed.

I found only one fight this whole tier interesting and a bit of a progression and that was mingus diggs, I feel like that is the only fight out of all of the new ones that is tuned to ToT normal gear. Dealing 18.5m dmg in 2 minutes while taking a minimum of 1m dmg depending on ur strat was a bit of a challenge.

Nothing else was sadly.

Most of the fights seemed to have been made for elemental shamans and hunters, absolute perfect class for nearly every fight.