Thread: Prot LFR BiS?

Prot LFR BiS?

Does anyone know of any BiS lists that only include LFR/Valor/World boss drops for prot? I'm gearing up my OS but I still want to aim for the best gear possible from what I can do even if it's not required, any help is appreciated :>
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...22;crv=0:0:0:0

is a list of all STR LFR items without dodge or parry.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...96;crv=0:0:0:0

is all 522 STR gear without dodge or parry.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...61;crv=0:0:0:0

is Oondasta loot.

Nalakk is just T15, you can find that yourself.
    Sha, Galleon and everything pre T15 is moot.

So I want dps gear O.o?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    You should look at a paladin guide from this expansion, you want to maximize your haste after hit and expertise hardcaps as it improves both dps and gives a higher uptime on your damage reduction spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    So I want dps gear O.o?
    yes. it's that simple. Dodge and Parry are by far your lowest priority. we cannot cover the entire combat table anymore like we did in TBC, WotLK and Cata because they redesigned block to only trigger after dodge and parry. Because of this, we can no longer rely on our avoidance.

and why should we? we have sanctity of battle, which reduces our holy power generator's CD by our haste. if you got 10% haste, you got 10% more HP. that 10% HP means we have 10% more uptime on Shield of the Righteous, which reduces the damage we take by A LOT. Haste also reduces the time between ticks for our Sacred Shield. In addition, boss autoattack is no longer the biggest threat to our survival. most bosses these days have a huge attack on a short interval, Like Triple Puncture on Horridon. you need to have active mitigation up for these.

Tanking is no longer about just getting gear beforehand and getting your face smashed in by the boss till he keels over. these days, you need to be actively involved with the boss. You need to know when a boss is going to spike you so you can prepare accordingly.

if you want to practice this, find a warrior mogu rare (preferably low level so mistakes aren't as bad) or a Mantid rare. time your shield for the big attacks (frontal cone for the warrior, blade flurry for the mantid).

you want hit to cap, expertise to between dodge and parry cap depending on your gear, then haste, then mastery. coincidentally, this is also the order to take for ret, so you can use the same gearset (minus weapons and trinkets) for both specs. avoid crit if you can, but you can still reforge it. dodge and parry should be avoided like the plague.