Deleted

have I made a mistake in switching my keybinds?

I just couldn't stand having to use the 6-0 keys, so I rebound them:

6 to A; (healing)
    7-9 to F2-F4; (signets and similar)
    0 to E. (elite skill)

It suits me well so far, but I read in another post on here from Asynchro that you get more special attacks. did I misread that or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see what they mean by more special attacks if I get this correctly. For example only Warriors and Thief that I can think of right now uses only F1 for specials. We can take Mesmer as another example on the other end. They have around four different ways to shatter their clones and that means they are using F1-4 for their specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    I just couldn't stand having to use the 6-0 keys, so I rebound them:

6 to A; (healing)
    7-9 to F2-F4; (signets and similar)
    0 to E. (elite skill)

It suits me well so far, but I read in another post on here from Asynchro that you get more special attacks. did I misread that or something?
    How does that work for you? What keys are you using to move your character? I ask this mainly because I see most people using ASDW to move around.

But yeah, the 6 to 0 skills and even the F1 to F4 skills are too far away for me so I rebind them all.

What I do is simple tho. I have Razer Hex.
    Mouse Scroll Button is F1
    Mouse Button 4 is F2
    Mouse Button Number 5 is F3

Then the 6 buttons on the side of the mouse
    1 = F4
    2 = 6
    3 = 7
    6 = 8
    5 = 9
    4 = 0

I know it won't make sense to anyone hahah but if you had this mouse it probably would (more about where the buttons are located rather than their number).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    How does that work for you? What keys are you using to move your character? I ask this mainly because I see most people using ASDW to move around.

But yeah, the 6 to 0 skills and even the F1 to F4 skills are too far away for me so I rebind them all.

What I do is simple tho. I have Razer Hex.
    Mouse Scroll Button is F1
    Mouse Button 4 is F2
    Mouse Button Number 5 is F3

Then the 6 buttons on the side of the mouse
    1 = F4
    2 = 6
    3 = 7
    6 = 8
    5 = 9
    4 = 0

I know it won't make sense to anyone hahah but if you had this mouse it probably would (more about where the buttons are located rather than their number).
    I use a QWERTY board, so your WASD is my ZQSD.

I prefer sdf to move and apparently more and more people begin to catch on to this.

The reason for this is simple. You get a wider "reach" this way: You get an extra row to the right and extra row to the top. It's also more comfy since you can keep your hand in typing position and you don't have to bend your fingers where one is 'stretched'.

I use wasd to move (a/d strafe), q for heal, e for elite, alt-1 - alt-3 for utils 1-3, and keep F1-F4 for their normal uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.