Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I must be doing something wrong or is the meta gem mandatory for anything to work? I did some tests of fistweaving on my monk alt (520 iLvl) in a 5 man and i was getting oom despite having HLG and the shadow pan trinket. I guess I might be doing the rotation wrong because really mana became an issue.

My monk was my main until 5.2, I didn't dare to go melee since 5.2 because glory days of jab-jab-uplift were gone, and I didn't want to drain mana, but I didn't find any time for it to be efficient instead of soothing for chi.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I must be doing something wrong or is the meta gem mandatory for anything to work?
    Check the very first post:
    It's not difficult to get the most out of fistweaving as a play style, it does however requires two things;
    Self control, you need to be able to pull yourself away from doing damage to save lives.
    A legendary meta gem, fistweaving is lackluster without one. You can blame poor implementation of muscle memory for this.

Deleted
    Is there a macro available for cutting off SCK after it has channeled for 1 GCD?

/cancelaura spinning crane kick
    Or press esc.
    How will you know when it's been 1 GCD? watch your GCD on your abilities.
    However, more importantly, SCK doesn't tick every second, so you would want to cut it off either after the second or third tick. Depending on haste, that would likely be around .6 or 1.2 seconds.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So maybe i missed it but hoping you can answer it. I am trying to manual change my stat weights in askmrrobot to make some things easier. My main question is about Crit-haste. What % Haste should i set softcap to? When does it become not so good? So i can then go crit from there on? I have spirit set to 5100 even tho i am higher just cause of gear. My main question would be what % would be the safe area to sit for haste?

Thanks in advance.

So I consider myself to be a pure fistweaver. I have since 90. Mana is a lot easier once you start getting the gear. Right now I bearly ever go below 80%. My question is I see a lot of this thread pushing fistweaving towards the dps side of it. What about the healing aspect of it. Im a healer first and formost. I just enjoy dps'ing to get it. It is what I wish they did to Holy pallies back in the day. Right now in Wise Serpent Stance I am - 20200 Int, 5600 SPR, 9300 Haste, 9100 Crit, and 2900 Mastery. Tonight I did 51k HPS and 81K DPS on 25m Norm Tortos. While Those might seem like decent numbers, my heals side has dropped drasticly since going to the stat priority on the guide. If there would be a stat priority for the healing side of fistweaving, what would it be? The same as a mistweaver? I figured more dps would be a better output of heals.

Ruv
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Ruvurongtime/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I must be doing something wrong or is the meta gem mandatory for anything to work? I did some tests of fistweaving on my monk alt (520 iLvl) in a 5 man and i was getting oom despite having HLG and the shadow pan trinket. I guess I might be doing the rotation wrong because really mana became an issue.

My monk was my main until 5.2, I didn't dare to go melee since 5.2 because glory days of jab-jab-uplift were gone, and I didn't want to drain mana, but I didn't find any time for it to be efficient instead of soothing for chi.
    You really have to majorly be fucking something up pretty badly to oom while fistweaving at 520 ilevel even if you don't have the legendary meta. I mean, jesus christ.....

Without the meta, just drink 2 stacks of tea when they are up and you need them, Jab > TP > Chi Wave for singletarget burst damage, SCK + BoK for targets of 3 or more for aoe damage. If you are fistweaving in a 10man, use ReM off cooldown. Traditional heal when absolutely necessary. Rinse repeat. Easy.

I mean, at 534 ilevel I can be at 0% mana, proc one or two legendary metas and drink a few sips of tea while fistweaving and be nearly back up to full mana within a 30 second period of time. At 520 it was still really easy to maintain mana (like...never ever in danger of going oom) and I didn't even have the legendary gem then. I'm just super curious as to how you're ooming IN A 5 MAN of all things...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minehoe View Post
    So maybe i missed it but hoping you can answer it. I am trying to manual change my stat weights in askmrrobot to make some things easier. My main question is about Crit-haste. What % Haste should i set softcap to? When does it become not so good? So i can then go crit from there on? I have spirit set to 5100 even tho i am higher just cause of gear. My main question would be what % would be the safe area to sit for haste?

Thanks in advance.
    If you're going to play in a raid and aren't soloing then you gear for mistweaving.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RuvURongTime View Post
    So I consider myself to be a pure fistweaver. I have since 90. Mana is a lot easier once you start getting the gear. Right now I bearly ever go below 80%. My question is I see a lot of this thread pushing fistweaving towards the dps side of it. What about the healing aspect of it. Im a healer first and formost. I just enjoy dps'ing to get it. It is what I wish they did to Holy pallies back in the day. Right now in Wise Serpent Stance I am - 20200 Int, 5600 SPR, 9300 Haste, 9100 Crit, and 2900 Mastery. Tonight I did 51k HPS and 81K DPS on 25m Norm Tortos. While Those might seem like decent numbers, my heals side has dropped drasticly since going to the stat priority on the guide. If there would be a stat priority for the healing side of fistweaving, what would it be? The same as a mistweaver? I figured more dps would be a better output of heals.

Ruv
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Ruvurongtime/advanced
    Right now critical strike will be the biggest increase to eminence healing, conversely haste if you're using CJL. Pushing fistweaving for damage is pushing fistweaving for healing, there's not a difference. One thing though, you shouldn't be fistweaving on Tortos as it's completely ineffective. You will always heal the person with the lowest health %, meaning if a shield drops and a person goes to 99% and they get a shield back up guess who's getting all of your eminence for the rest of the fight.

Also, the stat priority is fine, you seem to have 9300 haste in barely over 520 item level which I can't say is ideal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    One thing though, you shouldn't be fistweaving on Tortos as it's completely ineffective. You will always heal the person with the lowest health %, meaning if a shield drops and a person goes to 99% and they get a shield back up guess who's getting all of your eminence for the rest of the fight.
    S/he's talking about normal Tortos, where that doesn't apply.

I disagree that it's ineffective, but you need to set it up correctly. I drop my statue on the right side by our Tortos tank (very few people are near him) and then I hang out on the left side with the melee + bat tank. Renewing Mist + TFT on Cooldown for additional raid healing. SCK + BoK while the bats are out (also healing the bat tank and melee); when they're not out I do a mix of single target on Tortos or mistweaving depending on what the raid needs. I do a lot of tank healing, a lot of raid healing (which is mostly going to be overheal on people with maxed shields anyway) and also a significant amount of DPS to the bats and Tortos.

At least for my raid, tank damage seems to be more dangerous than raid damage (non-tanks only tend to die if they do something stupid), and this setup generally puts the two tanks as my #1 and #2 heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    S/he's talking about normal Tortos, where that doesn't apply.

I disagree that it's ineffective, but you need to set it up correctly. I drop my statue on the right side by our Tortos tank (very few people are near him) and then I hang out on the left side with the melee + bat tank. Renewing Mist + TFT on Cooldown for additional raid healing. SCK + BoK while the bats are out (also healing the bat tank and melee); when they're not out I do a mix of single target on Tortos or mistweaving depending on what the raid needs. I do a lot of tank healing, a lot of raid healing (which is mostly going to be overheal on people with maxed shields anyway) and also a significant amount of DPS to the bats and Tortos.

At least for my raid, tank damage seems to be more dangerous than raid damage (non-tanks only tend to die if they do something stupid), and this setup generally puts the two tanks as my #1 and #2 heals.
    Oh yeah, haven't done normal in a very long time... yeah sure it's probably effective then. You should remember that AoE DPS usually results in huge amounts of overheal because the Blackout Kick cleave doesn't stagger healing at all and gets ~400k loaded on one target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, usually on the two tanks, which is what I'm going for. Occasionally it'll over heal a melee who got a low shield instead of the bat tank, but generally we don't have anyone else near the Tortos tank (which is my primary assigned tank), except maybe one of his other healers.

I find that massive raid healing tends to just result in a bunch of over heal that gets counted as real healing on people with maxed shields. Great for meter padding, but not really necessary. I still pulled ~190k effective HPS last night, which was just a smidge behind our resto druid.

Our healers have generally been doing really well, so I find pushing out extra DPS is incredibly valuable for our progression, to help make up for our lower end DPS, who are not quite as good.

I usually tend to just stick to the boss, which is fine by the RL. and I do that same with my statue. Reglitch how much haste should I have? From what I can see on your armory we have near the same amount. You have 21.58% (9173) I have 21.89% (9302)

*NVM just noticed the armory is based off of Tiger stance.* So I have 6201 haste rating
    Last edited by RuvURongTime; 2013-06-27 at 05:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuvURongTime View Post
    I usually tend to just stick to the boss, which is fine by the RL. and I do that same with my statue. Reglitch how much haste should I have? From what I can see on your armory we have near the same amount. You have 21.58% (9173) I have 21.89% (9302)

*NVM just noticed the armory is based off of Tiger stance.* So I have 6201 haste rating
    Pick a Renewing Mist breakpoint. Renewing mist is still usually our biggest contributor to healing done. You should probably pick the 6141 (Tiger Stance) breakpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Reglitch I'm curious on your build at the moment. What's with all that crit?! I may be thinking of someone else but I recall reading somewhere you try to stay at 40k spell power, however you've passed up some of the +int socket bonus' as well as just pure int gems in favor of the 320 crit gems. What's the reasoning behind all the crit aside from more mana tea procs and better heals through fistweaving in favor of more int?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    So Reglitch I'm curious on your build at the moment. What's with all that crit?! I may be thinking of someone else but I recall reading somewhere you try to stay at 40k spell power, however you've passed up some of the +int socket bonus' as well as just pure int gems in favor of the 320 crit gems. What's the reasoning behind all the crit aside from more mana tea procs and better heals through fistweaving in favor of more int?
    I'm pretty much fistweaving every 25 heroic fight now, this stat priority is favorable for that. Also the set bonuses I ignore are usually purified, a socket has to be worth more than 240 intellect for me to not ignore it, and 160 spirit isn't close to being worth 100 intellect. As for the 40k spellpower, not much point now progression is over. Don't worry though, everyone will be gearing like this if these trinkets go through :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, gotcha! And yeah, those trinkets are looking. . . interesting for us. Thanks so much

LightningWeaver -- A new style of MistWeaver

Hi Reglitch,

I'm a player come from China. I'm not very good at using Engligh to express everything I'm thinking. But I'll try my best.

What I'm trying to discuss with you is:

Is CJL better damage than Jab->TP?
    -No, it also doesn't have the same flow.
    One of the reason you deny CJL is it too costy and we'll out of mana very soon if use it as main DPS skill. Before we got the Couragous, this is true. But once we got the Couragous, everything changes.

During the 4 secs of the clearcasting buff, we simply cast "Jab-> Renewing Mist(If avaiable)->CJL", then use Tiger Palm. We can get 4% mana and a full-free CJL. Use this buff cleverly, 6000 spirit is enough for a Lightning Weaver.

Now allow me to introduce the "LightningWeaver", a new style of MistWeaver.

Similar as FistWeaver, LightingWeaver is one of DPS oriented MistWeaver style. Both use Eminence Healing as main healing skill (typically 40-50% total healing, while Renewing mist consists about 30%)
    The main DPS skill is Cracking Jade Lightning(About 40-50% total damage), it's also the main Chi Generator. Jap->Blackout Kick is the main Chi coster skill.

With proper Trinkets and gears, lightning weaver can give use much better dps than traditional fistweaver while not losing any HPS.
    The reason is:
    1. With Couragous, mana no longer be a bottleneck of mist weaver, we can reforge great amount of spirit to crit and haste. Both can improve CJL's DPS.

2. Unlike fistweaver which can't take benefit from haste too much, Cracking Jade Lightning takes full benefit from the haste. So the stat lightning prefers is:
    ~7000 Spirit > Haste (Breakpoint) > Intellect > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    My gears has 12400 haste under stance of tiger,which makes the lightning 3.97 seconds in the raid. That's means 156K DPS for me.
    Higher Haste gives us more renewing mist healing and more RPPM buffs like Couragous and Trinkets.

3. More importantly, Cracking Jade Lightning takes full benefit from the buffs like blood thirsty. If I'm lucky enough, I can make 300K+ DPS at the beginning of the boss battle.

Lightning Weaver's rotation may like this:
    1. Cast CJL if:
    No Chi.
    Triggers clearcasting buff
    Triggers trinkets' buffs
    2. Use Jap->TP to get damage bounus and then use Jap->Blackout Kick or Uplift to use Chi.
    3. Use Renewing Mist if available
    4. Use Chi Wave or Zen Sphere if available.

The key equipment of the Lightning Weaver is Couragous Gem. Without it, we don't have enough mana to cast CJL.
    Also Lightning Weaver prefers DPS oriented Trinkets:
    1. Unerring Vision of Lei Shen (can be triggered by Chi Wave/Zen Sphere/CJL)
    2. Breath of the Hydra (can be triggered by Zen Sphere/CJL)
    3. Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance (can be triggered by Chi Wave/Zen Sphere/CJL)
    with two of these trinkets can improve us about 20K DPS against dummy.

A tip for lightning: at the last second of the triggered buff, re-cast the CJL can still take full benefit of the buff. So for 4 seconds 100% critical buff, it's actually gives us 8-9 seconds full critical lightning.

Since this is a new registed account, it seems I can't post links or pictures at this time. So I just give some data from 10H TOT here (with 530-540 lv gears):

#1 160K DPS / 80K HPS 200K DPS / 80K-100K HPS(25H)
    #3 120K DPS / 120K HPS
    #4 120K DPS / 170K HPS
    #5 70K DPS / 100K HPS
    #7 110K DPS / 55K HPS (3 healers)
    #10 100K DPS / 100K HPS

120K DPS vs single dummy(with self-buff)
    Last edited by MagicRen; 2013-07-03 at 12:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea... I'm going to try it out tonight, if only because it looks more interesting than Jab-TP spam. =D

If you have a character/realm/guild/region, I can look up your logs and post the links for you.

all WOL logs are in chinese charactors... so I think it's hard for you to find the log.

CN-普瑞** (on the second column of Chinese realms).
    guild 辉煌岁月

Check out 10H battle logs in May and June.

Again... All battle logs are chinese, so it's better to post the data once let me translate them for you...
    Last edited by MagicRen; 2013-07-03 at 03:27 PM.

This really is a fascinating idea, I never thought about using CJL when the meta procs. I will try it this evening!