Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Yes, I agree. LW doesn't require special reforge. I just feel 12140 is good because the 4 seconds CJL. 9158 also works, maybe even better on healing.

Deleted
    Going to tweak my gear a by to reach the next haste breakpoint and have some tries in LFR. Thanks for the advices.

Sorry from bringing this topic back up from its long downtime. I was WW for quite whole time since mop went live, few days ago i switched to MW and during my time reading guides i saw that they mention from time to time "fistweaving." I started to dig a bit and there are only few topic related to it, as its sub-spec healing style. None of them covered basic stat weight and gearing with legends, so i gotta ask this:

1. Are we going for Capacitative or Courageous legend Meta? Since Capacitative is superior for damage, but complicates the rotation somewhat and has reduced effect in AoE situations. The Courageous version is a similar increase, allowing you to forego mana tea usage for the most part and it's also effective for when you need to actually heal. All sims show that 2H build with Capacitative is ~20% ahead of a 1H build with the Courageous however, which is quite a lot of damage, which is actually healing for FWing.

2. I know that this is stupid and obvious question, but as for legend cloak, are we going for spell DPS based, or healing based? If stat weights are accurate, spirit cap is not so hard to hit these days with gear, so, since Im not sure, and guides havent covered this, is Essence of Yu'lon proc counted in as our damage, thus converted to healing?

3. Spirit [to 5100] > Intellect > Crit > Haste - Is this still correct stats weight, as i see that lot of ppl mentioned hitting higher haste values? And why are they trying to hit them as, per stat weights above, haste is not so important to FW.

4. Gem's are pretty much all MW orientated too, right?

5. as for buffs from food, pots and prepots are FWs going for Int stats?

Ty in advance for reply.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2013-12-06 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I have all the answers on this, but I'll at least add what I'm aware of.

1. You certainly can do Capacitive, haven't really seen anyone use it though.

2. Either one, but if you're FW sheerly for the damage you'll want the DPS based. The damage is not converted to Eminence unfortunately.

3. I'll leave this to the actual theorycrafters. Haste doesn't do much for FW but it does up our auto-attacks which also means more Tiger Strikes. The DPS cloak is also affected by this.

4. Crit crit and more crit.

5. Yes, int stats.

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but here is how i should treat fistweaving according to this thread, correct?:

1. Only really go full time fistweave (cloak/2h staff/meta possibly) on bosses that are on farm or in fights were your healing isn't necessarily needed but nice as backup and your dps contribution will still make the fight smooth.

2. Keep a extra helmet, a 2hand staff, and possibly a legendary cloak on hand but always stick primarily with your healing reforges and mist weaving mentality.

3. Fistweave in mistweaver gear on fights were your healing is weak but later parts of the fight have periods of damage ideal for mist weaver healing and your passive healing and dps contribution in the meantime is valuable. essentially the middle road, if your heals are getting sniped, time to go fistweave.

4. Fistweave during bloodlust ?

5. Lightning weaving is about equal to fistweaving unless you go out of your way to hit additional haste caps to shorten the cast time of CJL. Mostly unrealistic for someone playing a MW alt, because the gear you need to be able to do this is full normal/heroic gear (heres were im not entire sure). I assume someone like me (552) would have a hard time going LW without giving up boatloads of crit to get all the additonal haste i'd need. Effectively making me full time fistweaver, and giving up the flexibility of switching on the fly.

6. We are in a very unique position in that if we maximise FW or LW we can be a middle road, contributing meaningful dps while still putting out a nice buffer of healing. Essentially making all fights "Safe" by never truely 2 healing them, but also never quite 3 healing them (3 full time healers).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2013-12-07 at 07:20 PM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but here is how i should treat fistweaving according to this thread, correct?:

1. Only really go full time fistweave (cloak/2h staff/meta possibly) on bosses that are on farm or in fights were your healing isn't necessarily needed but nice as backup and your dps contribution will still make the fight smooth.

2. Keep a extra helmet, a 2hand staff, and possibly a legendary cloak on hand but always stick primarily with your healing reforges and mist weaving mentality.

3. Fistweave in mistweaver gear on fights were your healing is weak but later parts of the fight have periods of damage ideal for mist weaver healing and your passive healing and dps contribution in the meantime is valuable. essentially the middle road, if your heals are getting sniped, time to go fistweave.

4. Fistweave during bloodlust ?

5. Lightning weaving is about equal to fistweaving unless you go out of your way to hit additional haste caps to shorten the cast time of CJL. Mostly unrealistic for someone playing a MW alt, because the gear you need to be able to do this is full normal/heroic gear (heres were im not entire sure). I assume someone like me (552) would have a hard time going LW without giving up boatloads of crit to get all the additonal haste i'd need. Effectively making me full time fistweaver, and giving up the flexibility of switching on the fly.

6. We are in a very unique position in that if we maximise FW or LW we can be a middle road, contributing meaningful dps while still putting out a nice buffer of healing. Essentially making all fights "Safe" by never truely 2 healing them, but also never quite 3 healing them (3 full time healers).

Thoughts?
    1. With RJW you can fistweave on a lot of fights where you otherwise couldn't have. So while yeah you can obviously fistweave trivial fights, if you can RJW on the fight and output damage with it you should as well. I fistweaved Klaxxi HC progress and seen better results than actual mistweaving.

2. No to helmet, use your best weapon (1h or 2h), and definitely grab yourself a caster legendary cloak.

3. MW gear = FW gear. The only difference should be your cloak, which is too random to depend on during intermissions where you wish to mistweave.

4. CJL filler during BL

5. You should be picking up additional haste anyway if you're using RJW, which you will be on pretty much all fistweaving fights in SoO.

6. We're the closest to the 50% healing/damage paradigm in the game when we fistweave, when we can AoE fistweave you can probably go about 80%/80%.

If you get the time, you should consider updating the guide (and possibly add LW and LW requirements and when to do it vs FW). Also, I noticed above you endorse RJW, which is a change from the guide as posted. I know the lightning weaving is not new, but I've not found a cohesive guide for it--unless I just haven't looked in the right place.

Meh any fistweaving guide is going to need a full overhaul when WoD comes out anyhow. May be more prudent to wait till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Meh any fistweaving guide is going to need a full overhaul when WoD comes out anyhow. May be more prudent to wait till then.
    Meh--it's going to be a several months before WOD. Hell, at this point even beta isn't in sight. I don't think it would take extensive work to update the current guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    Meh--it's going to be a several months before WOD. Hell, at this point even beta isn't in sight. I don't think it would take extensive work to update the current guide.
    A lot of the information is still relevant, type me up a list of what you think needs changed and I'll see. I don't necessarily have the time or enthusiasm to rewrite an entire guide.

Understand, and I'm not requesting you rewrite the entire guide--just would like to see some edits for significant changes. Specifically, I would like to see an update on RJW (since you're now saying it can be good--would like to know when to use it vs Xuen)--and also to maybe add a small paragraph on LW--what it is, gear/talent requirements, and rotation). I'm not sure if there is anything else needing to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    1. With RJW you can fistweave on a lot of fights where you otherwise couldn't have. So while yeah you can obviously fistweave trivial fights, if you can RJW on the fight and output damage with it you should as well. I fistweaved Klaxxi HC progress and seen better results than actual mistweaving.

2. No to helmet, use your best weapon (1h or 2h), and definitely grab yourself a caster legendary cloak.

3. MW gear = FW gear. The only difference should be your cloak, which is too random to depend on during intermissions where you wish to mistweave.

4. CJL filler during BL

5. You should be picking up additional haste anyway if you're using RJW, which you will be on pretty much all fistweaving fights in SoO.

6. We're the closest to the 50% healing/damage paradigm in the game when we fistweave, when we can AoE fistweave you can probably go about 80%/80%.
    SO have you ever tried fistweaving H Thok to allow for only two full healers?

I recently received the Purified Bindings of Immerseus (caster dps amplification), I currently have the Prismatic Prison of Pride (healer amplification) and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (healer cleave) equipped. The bindings proc while fistweaving, and the amplification from both trinkets stacks (or multiplys). I have been doing a lot of searching of the various faq's and forums and am trying to figure out; why the Purified Bindings of Immerseus are not listed as a trinket Mistweaver Monks want to try and get?

Deleted
    It usually is, I don't know what you're talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohla View Post
    I recently received the Purified Bindings of Immerseus (caster dps amplification), I currently have the Prismatic Prison of Pride (healer amplification) and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (healer cleave) equipped. The bindings proc while fistweaving, and the amplification from both trinkets stacks (or multiplys). I have been doing a lot of searching of the various faq's and forums and am trying to figure out; why the Purified Bindings of Immerseus are not listed as a trinket Mistweaver Monks want to try and get?
    Do you mean like on our loot table for bonus rolls? Otherwise yea, not sure what you mean either.

Alright, as this guide points to a pure FW damage rotation specifically, it made me curious if anyone has experimented with using Agi 2H instead of caster weapons? Yes, I know that MW doesn't benefit from the AP from Agi; this is about Weapon Damage.

Basically what I found is that every "spell" in the FW dps rotation uses weapon damage except for Xuen (including Chi Wave). What I also found is that despite the amazing 200% AP from SP, weapon damage far exceeds the loss of the SP for these abilities.

So my 2 part question now is: Does the use of an Agi 2H significantly increase FW dps (as my napkin math suggests) and how much does this hurt your overall haling during a fight? I would love to see comparison logs for this, but don't have the means to real-time test it appropriately.

Deleted
    There are hidden passives in the game which intentionally mute the effect of agility weapons for Mistweavers.

Deleted
    Hello,

First, thanks to this thread which is very very usefull
    Second some questions (for changing ) :

1) Do you have an idea of BIS trinket found in Soo raid ? when I see some fist monk it seem to be Prismatic Prison of Pride and
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus - For information, I would like to go to a lightningweaver monk... (seems to be the best ratio between DPS end HPS for the moment).

2) Could we now, stay in Lightningweaver rôle for all the Soo encounters or we need to return to mistweaver rôle sometimes ? I think in some combat like against Thokk we cannot use efficiently CJL so we can just return to a classic fistweaving...

3) Have you some exemples of DPS/HPS for Soo encounters with 550/560 ilvl suff ?

4) What glyph you choose ?

5) What legendary cloak choosing ? after reading it seems better to choose DPS caster cloak for lightning.

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc01beef48f8; 2014-03-26 at 02:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been struggling on 10m HSoO with three heals they asked if I could pick up some of the minor slack in dps. This has helped a TON. Thanks =)

Never played mistweaver before, let alone fistweave style, but I'm kinda bored playing monk these days and wanted to try out something new.

Was just wondering how you guys did your keybinds for fistweaving?