Deleted

Blizzard will have their panel at Comic-Con 2013!

Blizzard Entertainment is excited to announce that our licensed products will be strutting their stuff on the show floor at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con!
    Source

Blizzard at Comic-Con, that's interesting. Maybe we will hear something about new WoW expansion there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt we'll have any info on xpac. If anything they'll drop really subtle hints that will be over analyzed by the playerbase.

I wonder if they're going to make a Warcraft RPG, I.E. D&D... Not saying that because it's Comic-Con but just because there's been one in place but it's never really been expended upon.

I do expect really good cosplay, Blizzcon good, and really BAD cosplay... Can't have one without the other though

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it. It's Comic-Con. I'm expecting a bit about the latest manga/comics they released, with whatever new ones they have in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm not saying it cannot happen, but I doubt we will see any major game announcement out of Comic Con. I can't recall what it was the last time Blizzard went to Comic Con, maybe Mists release date, but some people were expecting some sort of game-related announcement and there wasn't one. Instead it was focused on books and merchandise, nothing big (game-wise).
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-06-04 at 02:18 AM.

1: Show off more Hearthstone (By mid-July Beta should be ongoing).
    2: Maybe drop some minor hint about upcoming WoW Expansion, but the reveal will be at Blizzcon, there is no question there.
    3: Maybe drop some info about the Warcraft movie?
    4: More novels/manga coming out is also plausible.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Blizzard at Comic-Con, that's interesting. Maybe we will hear something about new WoW expansion there.
    No we won't.

We will though probably hear about the book that comes out before the expansion, Christie Golden is working on something but its yet to be known what. But she has done the Shattering that was a prequel to Cataclysm, and Tides of War that was a prequel to MoP, so it's highly likely we'll hear about the prequel to the next expansion.

However, by then 5.4 PTR will be up. There might already be hints(more obvious ones) on what the expansion is, as well as a trademark by the time comic con happens. In anycase, the official announcement will still probably be at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll be there to sell books and stuff. If they feel the need to make major announcements about expansions before Blizzcon, they'll set up a stage somewhere in Irvine (or take one over somewhere) and do it themselves. Wouldn't mind getting an announcement about a series of graphic novels though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah everyone thought that when they went to Comic-con before MoP released. They ended up only talking about the books, comics and merchandise if I recall correctly.
    Not saying it's not possible but it's hugely unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Doubt we'll have any info on xpac. If anything they'll drop really subtle hints that will be over analyzed by the playerbase.

I wonder if they're going to make a Warcraft RPG, I.E. D&D... Not saying that because it's Comic-Con but just because there's been one in place but it's never really been expended upon.

I do expect really good cosplay, Blizzcon good, and really BAD cosplay... Can't have one without the other though
    Well they do have one. And one for World.

They'll announce maybe a book at most. Likely more comics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    3: Maybe drop some info about the Warcraft movie?
    I think it's too early to talk about Warcraft movie.

If they show anything game-related it will be Hearthstone, IMO.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Just wondering , will they be at London in october? imgoing with some friends and wouldnt mind seeing blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as no longer relevant. For other appearances by Blizzard at conventions and otherwise I'd keep an eye on the news here, on the Blizzard Web site and the web site for whatever event you're interested in. Thank you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."