Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Or maybe I'm wrong. Might have read something incorrectly.

*Shrug.*

And no N1 kills is a pretty good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    29 VTs and one lurking Treann SK
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury Treann View Post
    Vote: Nightfury Treann
    Good enough for a vote

Unvote
    Vote NFT

Deleted
    Vote Kel

All lurkers must die. What is a quicker and more efficient way than lynching them right off the bat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Or maybe I'm wrong. Might have read something incorrectly.

*Shrug.*

And no N1 kills is a pretty good idea.
    I disagree - It allows the town to expand their knowledge and prevents the mafia from carrying out their mission - Elimnation of townies through night-kills.

I actually tested this out one game. Each person was given a shield and the shields had a 50/50 chance of stopping a night action against a person. Unfortunately this allowed the cop to out the serial killer who was trying to kill said cop.

Decagon: Agree with you on all of your reasoning, except...

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    There are probably a small number of actual NKs.
    With 30 players playing, a game with 1-2 nightkills would last far into august. A game lasting all summer would collapse since half the playerbase would probably vanish at some point due to summer vacations hitting. That said, I wouldn't mind such a game, but that's just because I am a no-lifer

It's not impossible for your logic to hold water though; but that would require some sort of other mechanism to be at play. Like a cult, for example.

Speaking of; have we gotten hints enough to reasonably assume a cult at play?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    I disagree - It allows the town to expand their knowledge and prevents the mafia from carrying out their mission - Elimnation of townies through night-kills.

I actually tested this out one game. Each person was given a shield and the shields had a 50/50 chance of stopping a night action against a person. Unfortunately this allowed the cop to out the serial killer who was trying to kill said cop.
    Fair point, but it eliminates that idea of someone not getting to participate.
    But I see where you're coming from since we now have no leads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, I didn't notice this before:

This mafia game won't be the kind of mafia game your mother taught you. I'm basing the premise of the setup on the godfather setup from the WC3 mafia mod, which is not something that has been done on this forum before. A few things to keep in mind as you think about signing up for my game:
    And I think this game will surprise you people. Don't expect it to be anything like the games we've played lately.
    It's not a bastardized game, unfortunately, I'm saving that one for later =p
    I think those were all of the relevant posts in the signup thread that may clue us into what the setup might be. Given the nature of the posts though, I don't think anything will actually give us a clue about what the setup will be besides "Unexpected".

Firebert posted this in the Signup Thread: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108565

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It's not impossible for your logic to hold water though; but that would require some sort of other mechanism to be at play. Like a cult, for example.

Its Lysah - Anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Fair point, but it eliminates that idea of someone not getting to participate.
    But I see where you're coming from since we now have no leads.
    Agreed and its why I tried out shields. Maybe Lysah found a better way to balance it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Decagon: Agree with you on all of your reasoning, except...

With 30 players playing, a game with 1-2 nightkills would last far into august. A game lasting all summer would collapse since half the playerbase would probably vanish at some point due to summer vacations hitting. That said, I wouldn't mind such a game, but that's just because I am a no-lifer

I get that, but I didn't mean that extensive. I meant, while there could only be 3 NKs instead of 4 or 5, we have less TPRs to deal with them (so it could work out). However, given your reasoning and everyone else's reasoning, I don't think this to be true anymore.

I would seriously doubt a cult at play, but don't disregard the possibility.

Also, unless it was posted in the Mafia Game Discussion thread, I do not see where Lysah said this would be a quick game.

Something.

Deleted
    Oh hey, I didn't notice this before:

I think those were all of the relevant posts in the signup thread that may clue us into what the setup might be. Given the nature of the posts though, I don't think anything will actually give us a clue about what the setup will be besides "Unexpected".

Firebert posted this in the Signup Thread: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108565
    I'm placing 0 value on it since it's "based" on it and the recommended amount of players is 12. Most likely Lysah just pulled a few roles she remembers from her games and that's it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    I'm placing 0 value on it since it's "based" on it and the recommended amount of players is 12. Most likely Lysah just pulled a few roles she remembers from her games and that's it
    I know, I know, just another resource to go to. I mean, it's worth a glance over, just in case, I don't see any harm in it. Though, reading it over myself, besides the slightly higher possibility of more roles based on converting (cult, zombie, traitor, etc) I don't think I actually learned anything.

Something.

Deleted
    Anakso (Active)
    Blood Fox (Should be active)
    CalasEU (new)
    celtic209 (Active)
    Danner (new)
    Decagon (Died on N1 too many times to count)
    Dyra (Active)
    ElyPop (Active)
    Everything Nice (Lurker)
    falbacca (Lurker)
    Firebert (Active)
    foxximcleod (Meh)
    Greeney (Active)
    Hypermode (Meh)
    Kasierith (Active)
    kel (HC Lurker, Lynch mode Enabled)
    Krayzy (Active)
    listo95 (Meh)
    MartMoves (New)
    Majad (Meh)
    Nightfury Treann (Lurker)
    Omertocracy (new)
    Rollo (Active)
    Silkku
    Simca (Active)
    Robozerim (Active)
    Tziva (New)
    Uggorthaholy (Should be Active)
    Virothe (Active)
    Xanjori (Lurker? His role demanded it last game and don't remember much of him from earlier games so I'm assuming it's because he doesn't say much)

Did I mislabel anything or can we start lynching the known lurkers D1 before we get to D4 and "it's too late for that!"? I'm not advocating starting a trend of lynching same people every game but for example for as long as I remember Kel has played the same lurker game where he shows up once or twice a day (game day, not IRL), doesn't say much and disappears

Deleted
    -List-
    celtic209 (Active) - Super sexy god that women find irresistable
    -List-

Did I mislabel anything or can we start lynching the known lurkers D1 before we get to D4 and "it's too late for that!"? I'm not advocating starting a trend of lynching same people every game but for example for as long as I remember Kel has played the same lurker game where he shows up once or twice a day (game day, not IRL), doesn't say much and disappears
    Fixed it for you

Im going to give it 24 hours and see what people say but if all else fails LaL

Or shall we lynch Deca for continuity's sake?!

Hah, I'm kidding.

But lynching known lurkers I'm all for. I'd rather have people actually playing. :/

Deleted
    I'm sure it's too soon to do anything unless someone RC.

Come on people, RC now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I see I have not missed much of the party while I was asleep.

Now, 0 night kills is surprising to say the least. I will agree that either the scum did not kill or the town got insanely lucky.
    Also, what are the chances of traitors being in the game? Just asking because there have been few games that I can recall where there was not one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I know, just another resource to go to. I mean, it's worth a glance over, just in case, I don't see any harm in it. Though, reading it over myself, besides the slightly higher possibility of more roles based on converting (cult, zombie, traitor, etc) I don't think I actually learned anything.
    Zombies would be interesting. I can imagine them having nothing happen during the day phase where the disease incubates and then as night falls they either drop dead or become a Zombie.

It doesn't seem very rainbow-y though. But then a game based on murder and deception doesn't sound very rainbow-y either.
    I get that, but I didn't mean that extensive. I meant, while there could only be 3 NKs instead of 4 or 5, we have less TPRs to deal with them (so it could work out).
    This I don't get. Even if there were 3 NKS, if there aren't many TPRs to prevent them, what the hell happened last night? Unless there's a magnet out there..... Or I don't know people (unknowingly) bleeding to death instead of dying outright.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Anakso (Active)
    Blood Fox (Should be active)
    CalasEU (new)
    celtic209 (Active)
    Danner (new)
    Decagon (Died on N1 too many times to count)
    Dyra (Active)
    ElyPop (Active)
    Everything Nice (Lurker)
    falbacca (Lurker)
    Firebert (Active)
    foxximcleod (Meh)
    Greeney (Active)
    Hypermode (Meh)
    Kasierith (Active)
    kel (HC Lurker, Lynch mode Enabled)
    Krayzy (Active)
    listo95 (Meh)
    MartMoves (New)
    Majad (Meh)
    Nightfury Treann (Lurker)
    Omertocracy (new)
    Rollo (Active)
    Silkku
    Simca (Active)
    Robozerim (Active)
    Tziva (New)
    Uggorthaholy (Should be Active)
    Virothe (Active)
    Xanjori (Lurker? His role demanded it last game and don't remember much of him from earlier games so I'm assuming it's because he doesn't say much)

Haha

Haha

I'm gonna do it again then to "Not lurk"

Haha
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter