Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I also did really enjoy the solo instance that was fun
    I was really disappointed it wasn't repeatable. Had I known that I wouldn't have rushed through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Not the greatest of activities (probably an understatement) but I think too many people are trying to get the achievement all in one play session. There are several weeks to go to do this.
    I don't risk it with GW2. They tend to make things unavailable to complete after only a couple of days of being active (I believe the fireworks achievement was one of those), so procrastinating on meta achievements is dangerous. Not to mention that they have a tendency to cut events off before the end date, such as disabling the Molten Facility on a Sunday when the event was ongoing until Tuesday (same thing happened with the Mad King's dungeon). It's just best to get things done as soon as they're made available.

Edit: Just did the new story instance. When are they going to make these new faces and hairstyles available? D: Even one of the norn NPCs has a new tattoo design.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-06-20 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the greatest of activities (probably an understatement) but I think too many people are trying to get the achievement all in one play session. There are several weeks to go to do this.
    really D:?! oh my god thank jeebus! I've been on a 2 week exams period, got just 1 week to mess around until i go back to study more D:

Deleted
    really loved this grey detective cut scene ^^

i havent seen that healer lady while playing the molten alliance part Svifnymr. what has she done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post

i havent seen that healer lady while playing the molten alliance part Svifnymr. what has she done?
    Nothing, but one of the Molten-Alliance prisoners talks about a noble who gave them orders (or the idea to form the Molten Alliance, can't remember).
    People are speculating who this person might be. As it seems, this 'Healer' is up to no good, but I don't think she is of any higher rank.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Hm could be interesting :3

Yea all my friends stressed to get it all done asap, but I am taking my time with it. Though you do have to be careful because they don't always keep all the things available until the end, so I can understand the urge to get it done asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I was really disappointed it wasn't repeatable. Had I known that I wouldn't have rushed through it.

Edit: Just did the new story instance. When are they going to make these new faces and hairstyles available? D: Even one of the norn NPCs has a new tattoo design.
    Aw that is sad, all the solo instances have been pretty amusing so far. Especially the detective cut scene. And a new face tattoo? Was it on the Norn cultural rep? I didn't even notice

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    Yea I thought it was really good and entertaining, though it ended in a weird way. At first I thought something had messed up in it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    And a new face tattoo? Was it on the Norn cultural rep? I didn't even notice
    It was on the norn inside the Scene of the Crime mini-instance. This is the only screenshot I got of it:

Boo work blocks photobucket I will have to remember to come back and look at it tonight though

Deleted
    Hi all, 2 things:
    1) I absolutely LOVED the "film Noir style" cinematic when you met with the detective in Divinity Reach for second part of living story. So awesome! I hope there will be more cutscenes done in the same style.

2) Who is Lady Kasmeer Meade? She keeps popping up during the Living Stories. First I saw her on the beach at Southsun Cove, having some funny conversation with Lord Faren. Now I met her again, and it looks like she is the detective's assistant?
    And, I am SO JEALOUS of her! Her armour, hair style and face look absolutely gorgeous, better than anything available to players I hope Anet will at least make her armour available as transmute skin! I would so buy it, even if its from Gem Store.

as much as I would love it, I think they won't make those faces/haircuts available for the players. This way the characters have this special unique look in the game and makes them stand out from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    as much as I would love it, I think they won't make those faces/haircuts available for the players. This way the characters have this special unique look in the game and makes them stand out from us.
    Which is great, I'm so sick of running into Eir Stegalkins / Logans etc. all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the new trumpet, a group of us have formed a music guild, teaching each other songs with the trumpet and bell and looking forward to more instruments.

Asura look so adorable blowing the horn. Their ears blow back, their faces scrunch up and they squint their eyes. My skirt blows up when I play notes lol.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hi all, 2 things:
    1) I absolutely LOVED the "film Noir style" cinematic when you met with the detective in Divinity Reach for second part of living story. So awesome! I hope there will be more cutscenes done in the same style.
    You can replay it when you get the book, but I'm not sure how often I'll do so...

2) Who is Lady Kasmeer Meade? She keeps popping up during the Living Stories. First I saw her on the beach at Southsun Cove, having some funny conversation with Lord Faren. Now I met her again, and it looks like she is the detective's assistant?
    And, I am SO JEALOUS of her! Her armour, hair style and face look absolutely gorgeous, better than anything available to players I hope Anet will at least make her armour available as transmute skin! I would so buy it, even if its from Gem Store.
    AFAIK her first appearance was Southsun, the guy was from from the human 1-10 story, but didn't recognize my character that went through it. There was also a short story of Kasmeer arriving on Southsun. I don't think she was the detective's assistant though, just that they know each other.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I'm loving the new trumpet, a group of us have formed a music guild, teaching each other songs with the trumpet and bell and looking forward to more instruments.

Asura look so adorable blowing the horn. Their ears blow back, their faces scrunch up and they squint their eyes. My skirt blows up when I play notes lol.
    Too many people by the bank blasting away with them. I'm envisioning next month adding earmuff's to the store, which block out musical instrument noise.

Like WoW with the musical train followed by the train wrecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if the NPCs didn't look leaps and bounds better than the character creation options. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It was on the norn inside the Scene of the Crime mini-instance. This is the only screenshot I got of it:

Oooh that looks really neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the hell was Kasmeer in Lions Arch? Wasn't she joining Majory, according to the talking in the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Where the hell was Kasmeer in Lions Arch? Wasn't she joining Majory, according to the talking in the bar?
    good point O_o

Never even knew they dropped the amount of achievements needed to get the wings. Munching some candy i had in my bag took me over the line for that and the chest popped up with my wings in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hi all, 2 things:

After you find the 4th and 5th suspects and complete that part of the story you get an item "Marjory's Journal". Clicking this item lets you replay the cutscene where ever and when ever you like.

I'm curious how they will expand on this technology. I can see having a book of sorts with these journals bound together, but even more curious how this "portable instance" could be deployed.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    After you find the 4th and 5th suspects and complete that part of the story you get an item "Marjory's Journal". Clicking this item lets you replay the cutscene where ever and when ever you like.

I'm curious how they will expand on this technology. I can see having a book of sorts with these journals bound together, but even more curious how this "portable instance" could be deployed.
    There are some good suggestions on the official forums. Integrating it in the Hero's story tab would be the best thing in my opinion.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...r-living-story
    https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net...ory_update.png

Did anyone DISLIKE the Noir style cinematic? I liked it, but my GF thought it wasn't really suiting in a fantasy game. I really didn't understand this Detective-thing at first, I thought she was more the assassin kind of girl. Well maybe it's ok for her story, but honestly... if the whole living story would be continued like this, it would be really strange.