Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard giving away Mists of Pandaria for free

I just got an e-mail for "EPIC Loot" when I come back to WoW, which I didn't exactly express any interest in doing.

It's a free 7 day trial of MoP, but it also came with a key for a free digital version. I haven't played the game since early Cata and have never played MoP. Did anyone else get this e-mail? It was legit, I added the key to my bnet account.

If it worked then...whoa. Still sounds super fishy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Blizzard would never send you a free copy of MoP AFAIK. Could you post the email and the header please?
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Basically, pics or didnt happen

Deleted
    Got the same mail and its really no fake. Only playing WoW because of the free game time.

One of my friends for a free code for MoP from Raptr when he got to 200 hours of playtime in Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If it worked then...whoa. Still sounds super fishy though.
    Nothing fishy about it. Blizzard does promotions like this all the time.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's true. Got this on my inactive WoW2 account email, totally legit looking and used the usual battle.net mail addresses:

(Sorry about the size, was a huge mail and had to scale it down/censor my name)

Clicking the "upgrade to mists of pandaria" link at the bottom took me to the real battle net and offered a free upgrade to MoP with Cata included as well.
    Butts.

Deleted
    Got that link as well, but, when I am clicking upgrade, it just says to buy Mists on blizz store. Hmm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rashas View Post
    Got that link as well, but, when I am clicking upgrade, it just says to buy Mists on blizz store. Hmm?
    Same for me. Have you clicked it through @ Kaz?

don't mean to be rude but if anyone has an extra i would greatly appreciate if i could have it. i didn't get the email for some reason

Deleted
    Are you sure it's a free MoP upgrade? just looks like 7 days free time to promote buying it.

Yeah I got an email for one of my dead accounts. It's advertising 7 days free playtime, they still expect you to buy the xpac at the end of it if you want to keep playing.

I think some people are getting different promotions. My spare account got an offer for 7 days of Cata, but takes me to a payment page for MOP. The add I got uses different pictures than the one posted in this thread.

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask, but could someone give me one of their codes if they don't need it? :P

It's only free for the seven days right? (Check char screen purchase offer)

10+ Year Old Account
    yea I got a free code... well it looks like it's game time baby... sadly only 10 days =/
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I activated my 7 days of free gametime a few days ago. I still can't get myself to play. Queued for LFR, queue was over 30 minutes so I just logged off again... Even if the queue was 10-15 minutes I still wouldn't wait for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    yea I got a free code... well it looks like it's game time baby... sadly only 10 days =/
    Sadly only 10 days? Aren't you the one who talks shit about WoW at every chance you get?
    "Biography: I used to enjoy WoW before it became the horrible games that it is now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I activated my 7 days of free gametime a few days ago. I still can't get myself to play. Queued for LFR, queue was over 30 minutes so I just logged off again... Even if the queue was 10-15 minutes I still wouldn't wait for it.
    Seems you are just done with this game. Even if the game hadn't introduced all of the features you do not like, there is nothing you could do if you're only willing to give WoW "10-15 minutes" of your time. You've already stated you do not find LFR fun - why the hell would it be the first thing you set yourself to do.

OT: I received this for my second account and it did seem to upgrade it to MoP so that was pretty cool.

I got one but it wanted me to pay to upgrade pff