Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree the Titan rune stone drop rate is bullshit. I have ONE! Ffs. At this rate I might just get the cloak next expansion

However I do not agree on the "legendary for everyone". It isn't for everyone it's for people whole put in a WHOLE EXPANSIONS worth of work into. That's more work then any legendary blizz has ever done. If your opinion is "QQ lfr people can get it" you will be surprised by how many lfr players will get it. Almost none will, most are still not even past the first part. So yes they might get the legendary but they will not be getting while they matter.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    1 on 36bosses. It's fun
    I feel you bro, 3 on 42 bosses -_-

Threads like this really make evident the catalyst of the decline of things. Regardless of how bad your drops have been, it will never compare to what it took to get a legendary back in the day. From the earlier legendaries in Vanilla and BC where drop rates make these look like they're mailing them to you, to the later ones where a fragment drop acquisition process became more standard....it's still 1000 times easier because it is on a personal level. Imagine these runes and sigils dropping but only 1 person gets them over the course of 3-4 months. That's what it used to be and people cried less than they do now.

Greediness will be our downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Unless you play in one of the top 5, do not use that term. Thank you.
    Of course I can use it. It's a relative term. We have a disc priest with the cloak who constatly logs in the bottom quadrant, while rest of the team (none of which have cloak) is pretty decent. He is bad to me, might not be to you.

Top 5 players or guilds? Nevertheless, do you consider 99.6% of raiders bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    4 weeks, 2 Secrets.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Guys. GUYS. GUYS! Don't you realize that the legendary quest is incredibly difficult, therefore a lot of RNG is necessary?!

IT'S A CHALLENGE. I can afk in LFR and obtain my challenging items for my challenging quest line.

On a serious note... I don't see why normal/heroic drop rates aren't increased, leave the horrible drop rates for LFR. I've gotten 0 secrets in two weeks and I'm at 17, I got 7 in one week before. I don't want to sound like a cry baby but it's not fair that any random person can obtain this shit before me or other people simply because they're luckier.

I'm at 7/12 7 weeks in. Well, six and a half. Gotten one every week until last week where I got 0, and 2 this week to balance that out. It's kind of annoying considering I already have the reward from that segment of the quests, but w/e. So long as I get it done before 5.4 I won't be upset.

2 weeks in, 9 secrets woo!

Deleted
    ... Has there been any data that suggests the drop-rate is higher from normal or heroic bosses btw?

Stuck on 7 atm, got 1 last week and another 1 the week before

Quote Originally Posted by araistlinx View Post
    Threads like this really make evident the catalyst of the decline of things. Regardless of how bad your drops have been, it will never compare to what it took to get a legendary back in the day. From the earlier legendaries in Vanilla and BC where drop rates make these look like they're mailing them to you, to the later ones where a fragment drop acquisition process became more standard....it's still 1000 times easier because it is on a personal level. Imagine these runes and sigils dropping but only 1 person gets them over the course of 3-4 months. That's what it used to be and people cried less than they do now.

Greediness will be our downfall.

Only blizzard has said pretty much you were gona get a legendary if you worked through the questline which spans the entire expansion, requiring you to farm all of its material. They have already made using lfr as the only means quite worse than normal raiding in the first few bits. The issue people have now is that 5.4 will be released and people will still have to farm "old content" to get current, especially those who had 12/12 Normal mode on farm week 1. We have a priest in our guild who is at 2/12 runestones. The drop rate is pretty bad, there is no way to say it. And there is no use comparing it to the old versions as blizzard is wanting them to be a reward for playing all through the expansion, not some rare 1/10000 piece of solidified guild drama.

O.P. got what they wanted. Not everyone has a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    tl;dr I'm fucking mad that some people have their cloaks and I don't.
    Yeah you are... stop being so mad over a little bad RNG you have plenty of time to finish your legendary quest chain till the next (tier / piece of the story) comes.

Are you clearing it on normal (or like me normal + 1 or 2 heroics) and then also clearing it on LFR? Because that's how and why I'm done. At least I think it is.

I scored the last runestone on Iron-Qon LFR last Friday night, immediately dropped group because I'd read something about Lei-shen's heart, sure enough next quest is to get his heart, queued back up for LFR once I had the quest, got into a Lei-Shen group, killed it, collected the heart.

Funnily enough you don't get Shado Pan Assault rep from LFR _and_ normal/heroic bosses, it's just once per boss per week so I also hit exalted with Shado Pan Assault... Sunday, when my guild killed Twins on normal (because if you notice above, I skipped that boss in LFR, since most of the time you get Lei Shen immediately anyway. Getting Iron Qon first was a lucky fluke.)

So yeah.. 530 hunter with 502 shoulders and chest. Whee.

Ive got 4 Titan Runestones in the past 2 months. Yea, REALLY cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Why should bads progress faster than real raiders?

They aren't. REAL raiders got their capes the first day or two after 5.3 dropped because they already had their Runestones farmed from running the final 6 bosses in heroic each week.

I don't necessarily LIKE the Titan Runestones. We essentially have to go back and kill the same 6 bosses we killed before to collect different items that have a SUBSTANTIALLY lower drop rate. That part makes no sense. It's gating for the sake of gating.

But to say that bads are getting it faster than "real raiders" is just lolworthy.

I should have been get X amount of them and they are a guaranteed drop so you earn from time devoted.

Even if it was like 30 of them, at least you know you are progressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 2 so far, oh the joy of doing it on another char soon *shrugs* :P

It's annoying, frustrating even. When you have bad luck streaks like this. But i'm used of not getting things for a very, very long time. So it doesn't bother me too much.
    Can't wait to see what we need to gather from SoO... XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its more of a mechanic to keep people in the LFR modes. I hate LFR an deciding whether the cloak is worth it.

Deleted
    Im more worried about next part of this "legendary" quest... They said we gonna get legendary weapon in last raid tier of mop, and considering all people in my raid group are doing it, all weapons that gonna drop are going to trash.

Yurp I'm at 1 stone after 2 weeks. This after having to wait forever for the 20 previous ones...

Edit -- Should add I didn't get my Sha weapon (to start the whole stupid thing) until after the drop rate increase. I stopped counting but I had something like 50 total kills that COULD have dropped a sha weapon (Lei Shen and Empress) but didn't -- even with coins.
    Last edited by Alopex Major; 2013-06-05 at 03:56 AM.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge