Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ok i worked on a build last day, spend couple of hours on it and finally arrived at

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case or NZXT 810 Switch not too sure which case to go for
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)
    Monitor: Asus MX279H 27.0" Monitor
    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90 Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse

please let me know if anything needs working on or better suggestions. Most of the parts are not available in India atm, they said i will have to wait a week or two for them and i am ok with it. what do u guys think

Deleted
    Seeing as I already suggested you a build you probably know what I think. All the parts I linked you are in stock or they were at the time.

Monitor - 27" and only 1080p is kinda "meh", 24" 1080 or 27" 1440 is optimal.

RAM - 32GB, complete overkill for no reason. Anything above 1600MHz is waste of money too, no noticeable performance gain.

Motherboard - You don't need to pay that much unless you're after some specific feature that's not on the MSI, Asus Z87-A or Asrock Extreme 3 or 4

SSD - the non pro is perfectly fine and much cheaper. Only for very specific tasks is the pro really better, 5 year warranty is great though.

GPU - you don't really need more than a 770 for 1080p, that's a lot of extra money for something that really isn't needed.

PSU - The Seasonic I linked you is modular and enough power for SLI.

Case - Personal preference I guess, just be aware the case is huge and not really needed but of course choice is yours.

Mouse+Keyboard - I like the changes to those, I just didn't have many option from that one site.

Thanks for Suggestions notarget, btw which site u referred to for your build and i5 4gen processors aren't available in india atm so i will have to wait for them

Deleted
    That's why I stuck with the i5-3570k+Z77, to be honest there really isn't that big of a difference performance wise but if you wanna wait or there is some other vendor by all means go for it. For gaming you're really not going to be missing out with an IvyBridge build.

i think i will wait, they have already got the i7 4th gen 4770 and hoping to get the i5 by next week and got the Asus z87 Gryphon mobo

Deleted
    The Asus z87 Gryphon is an mATX motherboard. Look for Asus z87-A, Asrock Z87 Extreme 3 or 4, MSI Z87-G45 Gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    The Asus z87 Gryphon is an mATX motherboard. Look for Asus z87-A, Asrock Z87 Extreme 3 or 4, MSI Z87-G45 Gaming.
    OK what are your thoughts on Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz Processor its readily available

Deleted
    Unless you do high end streaming or a lot of 3D or Video rendering the i7 is wasted money, also if it's not the "K" version the CPU is locked and can't be overclocked.

ok so i will find out the i5-4670k, i think it will be a long while seeing the market in India, how would you rate 4th gen against 3rd gen processors as in i5-3570k v/s i5-4670k, will it be obsolete in near future?? (the 3rd gen processors)

Deleted
    IvyBridge (3rd gen) overclocks a little better than Haswell (4th Gen) but at the same clock speed Haswell is slightly faster. Ivybridge/1155/Z77 will be obsolete in the sense that you can't upgrade the CPU later on (unless it's to an i7 IvyBridge), would require a new motherboard but other than that it really is fine and it's cheaper.

IvyBridge (3rd gen) overclocks a little better than Haswell (4th Gen) but at the same clock speed Haswell is slightly faster. Ivybridge/1155/Z77 will be obsolete in the sense that you can't upgrade the CPU later on (unless it's to an i7 IvyBridge), would require a new motherboard but other than that it really is fine and it's cheaper.
    Thanks a lot

I'd recomend, if your primary activity on the pc is gaming, to buy an Aurora Alienware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenzooom View Post
    I'd recomend, if your primary activity on the pc is gaming, to buy an Aurora Alienware.
    Why would you recommend that?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenzooom View Post

I lol'd, thanks.

Overpriced Rig where you can cut down at least 30% on the price and still have the same performance. Alienware is the Apple of gaming. Nice design, ok build, but ridiculously overpriced.

Hi Notarget, I have finally found everything i need with slight difference, getting a MSI Z87 G65 Mobo as availability is there and plus 45 and 65 price difference is not too much, I wanted your opinion on the GPU can you put a Zotac GTX770 2 AMP or Asus GTX770 or Asus GTX780 on MSI Z87 GD65 mobo without any compatibility issues and also which one do you recommend GTX770 2 AMP or GTX 780, both are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmonik View Post
    Hi Notarget, I have finally found everything i need with slight difference, getting a MSI Z87 G65 Mobo as availability is there and plus 45 and 65 price difference is not too much, I wanted your opinion on the GPU can you put a Zotac GTX770 2 AMP or Asus GTX770 or Asus GTX780 on MSI Z87 GD65 mobo without any compatibility issues and also which one do you recommend GTX770 2 AMP or GTX 780, both are available.
    Zotac AMP's are generally very very good cards..but a GTX 780 is simply faster, its up to you to decide if you want to give that extra 100-150$ (Maybe more?) for that 5-10% improvement over an overclocked 770 vs a 780.

Also there is no compatibility issue.

Deleted
    Depends on the resolution you're playing at as I've mentioned. 1080p GTX770 is perfectly good, 1440p I would get the GTX780

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming is perfectly fine, the G65 has a few more SATA connections, some other minor stuff, Google search their specs and compare. I doubt you'll be missing anything with the G45.

Everything is compatible. The AMP card should be good, just don't get a reference card. Link the ones you have in mind if you're still in doubt.

Depends on the resolution you're playing at as I've mentioned. 1080p GTX770 is perfectly good, 1440p I would get the GTX780

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming is perfectly fine, the G65 has a few more SATA connections, some other minor stuff, Google search their specs and compare. I doubt you'll be missing anything with the G45.

Everything is compatible. The AMP card should be good, just don't get a reference card. Link the ones you have in mind if you're still in doubt.
    This is the site i m getting the rig from www.theitdepot.com

link for cards:

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Zo...C45P18121.html
    http://www.theitdepot.com/details-AS...C45P18053.html
    http://www.theitdepot.com/details-AS...C45P17994.html

pls chk all GTX 770 and GTX 780 in here and advice

Deleted
    Get the Asus 770 since it's cheaper than the Zotac.

also 1440 monitors are very steep in prices in India so i think i would go for 1080

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 03:41 PM ----------

can i opt for Benq XL2410T with GTX 770??