Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to complete this after 400-500g repair. My ilvl was 514 and mostly LFR-valor geared.

Tried all specs and definitively MM was the best by far for me. Adds were the most difficult to handle but Thrill of the Hunt is also a must talent. Kited then in small circles taking advantage of ice and explosive traps.

I also used no pet because to me I felt it was mostly messing adds kiting than helping.

What worked great to me as well was to kite and kill adds asap and in mid room and rush to platform behind dragon. When adds revived and until they got there, Wrathion was gone to make his clone phase and I could "finish" adds easily.

Yet I have the impression the event is quite bugged: 1) When adds were back, a couple of them get their health stuck at 1% but kept chasing me. I had to FD so they returned to mid-room and stopped chasing; 2) I am pretty sure I did little to NONE damage on clones/real Wrathion. When I FD to reset the adds, clone phase just ended by itself and I could finish Wrathion on the platform.

I'm suprised so many people have such problems with this, I just went in as survival, rang the gong and went to town. Read the debuff that he takes more dmg from behind, so just tried to stand behind him at all times, got 1 set of adds and then he was dead before spawning any more. Hadnt read anything about the encounter before attempting it. Hardly took any damage either, just avoid the bad stuff and you'll have no problems!

Easiest way to get it done. Much thanks to Jinza on the below strategy.

1. Put your pet on Passive, and drop all traps on Wrathion. Don't worry, it won't aggro him.

2. Start the fight by attacking Wrathion from behind. Pop all CDs and deal as much damage until the Lava Blobs spawn.

3. Aggro the Lava Blobs to keep them from killing your pet. Keep your pet on Wrathion.

4. Kite the Lava Blobs in the perimeter of the section where you started the fight and keep attacking the lava blobs while deploying as many snares as you can.

5. If you find that you are having problems outrunning the blobs, take the Postehaste talent to help you outrun some of them. (i used a combination of conc shot, ice trap and glaive toss. It helps glyph disengage with the self heal). If a blob is too close, scatter shot it.

6. Wrathion will eventually warp the the middle of the room. Use the opportunity to run up the balcony where the Jade Serpent is. It is best to run past her. Ignore the blobs chasing you and just get to the end of the balcony so that you wont' get hit by Wrathions mirror damage.

7. When you see the blobs closing in - feign death and stay that way. You will see that the blobs go back to the bottom area where Wrathion is.

8. But my pet is dead! Ok. True. Let's fix that. From the spot where you feigh death(ed), cast Revive Pet.

9. At this point, the blobs should not come to the balcony, as long as you don't get close to the stairs. Wait for Wrathion to finish this phase and use this opportunity to bandage up and cast disengage a couple of times to get your health back up.

10. Once Wrathion is done playing around with his Mirror images, he will rush to the platform to the exact spot that you are standing. Attack him!

11. It is now you vs. Wrathion on the balcony. The blobs will be out of aggro range, as long as you do not get close to the stairs.

12. Careful of his AOE (dust cloud and fire effects) and attack until the next Mirror Image phase. Remember to run to the end of the balcony and feign death during that phase. Even if it means that your pet will be sacrificed. Let it die. You can always revive it at the edge of the blacony.

Keep this up and the encounter will end with your victory.

Enjoy your pretty cloak.
    Last edited by Dristwaz; 2013-06-14 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot to give thanks where due

just done this as surv once the clones wnet at 22% i jsut zerged him my hearts still race i after about 3k repair bill takes a LOT of kiting now for hunters

.... I'm still shaking ....

I got with the above strat... follow it EXPLICITLY and you'll get the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGelk View Post

Glad to see other players having success with the strat.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinza View Post
    Glad to see other players having success with the strat.

=)
    Holy Hell, where are my manners. Thank you Jinza for the strat, it worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    I'm suprised so many people have such problems with this, I just went in as survival, rang the gong and went to town. Read the debuff that he takes more dmg from behind, so just tried to stand behind him at all times, got 1 set of adds and then he was dead before spawning any more. Hadnt read anything about the encounter before attempting it. Hardly took any damage either, just avoid the bad stuff and you'll have no problems!
    Standing immediately behind him (once I figured out to do it the next day) was truly the key to winning this. I tried to read about the encounter but there was only a video of a warlock doing it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrGelk View Post

I'm really relieved to hear that this made other people's hearts pound a little too. Congrats!

One shot it earlier without a clue what I was doing other than he takes more damage from behind.
    With 535 ilvl I just DPS'd him from behind, aoe'd down a set of adds then he died. He does a 180 degree cone and teleports around the room and there's a cast you can interrupt.

If you have good gear don't be concerned by those saying it's impossible or they wiped for hours on it. It's very straight forward if you meet the DPS checks.

1 Shot without any idea what I had coming at me, So fucking easy... He spawned adds once that were dead with 3 Multi-shots. Fight lasted about 1 min 20 secs for me as SV with 533 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    One shot it earlier without a clue what I was doing other than he takes more damage from behind.
    With 535 ilvl I just DPS'd him from behind, aoe'd down a set of adds then he died. He does a 180 degree cone and teleports around the room and there's a cast you can interrupt.

If you have good gear don't be concerned by those saying it's impossible or they wiped for hours on it. It's very straight forward if you meet the DPS checks.
    I read up on it beforehand, and knew I had to be behind and aoe adds. So I avoided aoe, stood behind the boss, and with ilvl 519 one shot it very very easily. Never even saw his clone phase or anything like that.

EDIT: As survival.

Maybe I'm just bad or there's a weird RNG factor to it, but I kept getting the mirror image phases and it screwed me over a couple times until I figured out how it worked.

Eventually I just went in as SV with fervor/barrage and saved both of those + readiness for the AoE phases. Barrage pretty much nullifies the mirror image phase if you know how to use it and barrage + fervor + ice trap made the add phase a joke. If you do that and stand directly behind him it's pretty easy.

Just finished quest tonight here is my strat as BM Hunter ilvl 525 patch 5.4. Have food, flask, core hound and pre pot. Stand behind Wrath on main level, pop hero and stampede and burn him down asap, always moving behind him for the extra damage buff. Throw traps and multishot for oozes. If he does mirror images run to platform behind Yulon and stand on the railing, I stood off to the side far enough back so I could still see the center of the room where he was but far enough away to not be damaged by the mirror image explosion. Oozes spawned but couldn't damage me and slowly made their way back down to Wrath. Once I healed up myself and pet I stepped off railing, Wrath come up to platform, hero was up again I popped it and burned him down. Good Luck and keep the faith you'll get it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I did this last week, he summoned one group of slimes only for me. Which I trapped and AoE'd. He didn't even mirror image which I was expecting him to do after reading the guide.