Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    But did it really get scratched?

In other news:
    I think they upped "Secrets" drop rate. 3 in two weeks ToT LFR and normal, yesterday 5 in ToT LFR alone.
    No, it didn't get scratched. GC told everyone to calm down a bit since there was no way the new feature could live up to the hype. Then he said that it might make people feel better if they considered their favorite part of the 5.4 patch to be the 'unannounced feature'. That got extrapolated to "OMG GC just said the feature is cancelled!!!1One!!!"

And I'm sure quite a number of people hate you. And no, they didn't up the drop rate yet. You're just one of the lucky few that got very, very lucky. That's kind of like someone who matched all of the numbers on a lottery ticket asking if the odds of winning had been improved.

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler interview, just 2 and a bit weeks ago:

There are a lot of people still curious about that big unannounced feature. Are we going to see it in patch 5.4? Any hints on what it might be?

It is on the schedule for patch 5.4, I think it's likely that we'll get it in. I think players will know it when they see it.
    Two weeks later:

Greg Street @Ghostcrawler

I'm doing a Tranq Shot on UNANNOUNCED FEATURE rumor speculation. 5.4 has many exciting features. Just pick your favorite and call it that.
    How on earth is that anything other than a massive u-turn?

Sound yes, music no. I usually disable the music in games because it gets repetitive and annoying.

The Runestone change is good(and one I came up with/advocated). I get about 1 per week so now it will probably still be 1 per week but only from Lei Shen. But at least you know youll get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very pleased with the Runestone change.
    I just had 5 weeks... yes, you heard it right....30 bosses, with no drops!

At least now I will get the cloak in 3 months... phew

I always play with sound effects on; the one for Prayer of Mending is one of my favorites! I really enjoy the music of WoW and it is the main reason I always buy the Collector's Edition of every expansion. The first few days of each new expansion I will play with the music on, but then after that it starts to get too repetitive so I turn it off. Since I like the WoW music, I'd rather not bore myself of it by having it on while I play the game over many hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Azax24 View Post
    The 5.4 feature was not knifed in the belly, cut, removed, ANYTHING.

I really hate this community, i mean seriously, from the first time GC mentioned it, he said it was small, nothing major.

then this freaking community goes and is like ITS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING GAME CHANGING FEATURE AND IF ITS NOT WELL SCREW BLIZZARD THEY MUST NOT HAVE PREPARED IT IN TIME.

They are litterally blaming blizzard, for them not reading what blizzard said, and creating theyre own hype, its so damned stupid.
    A lot of online communities are like this. It's just a demonstration of how the third 'teir' of literacy (critical thinking) is not as common as you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    .... you don't know what tranq shot is, do you?

Additionally, the two things you quoted are not in relation to each other. The latter quote is in reference to people's MASSIVE OVERBLOWN HYPE, not in reference to himself announcing there'd be a new game feature in 5.4.

Keep it in context in the future and you won't confuse yourself like this.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2013-06-06 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    Do you think they are removing the feature?

He is refusing to talk about it anymore, as he does not want it hyped up anymore.

The community is building up MASSIVE HUGE OMFG ITS GOING TO BE SO FFUUUUUUUUUUUCKING AMAZING hype and they are trying to calm it down a bit (I suggest looking up what Tranq Shot does) .

Two weeks later:

I can understand how reading comprehension can be tricky. It's the nature of the beast, to be able to understand the information sliding through your eyelids takes a extra large serving of effort. First quote talks about how GC can't talk about the new feature and how it's still planned for release in 5.4. Second quote is him addressing the overhype that's being generated. A tranq shot removes the enrage debuff. Hence, people going crazy... using wow terminology to make them calm down. Even speaking your language, you still have no idea what he is saying.

Nothing has been cancelled, turned around, etc.

Edit: The two people above me explained it better than I.
    Last edited by kenshinag; 2013-06-06 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Are thet really still complaining about dailies? I get easily 1000 vp in 3 days on 3 different toons without doing a single daily quest right now: 1 HC scenario, 1 HC dungeon, and 1 scenario per day, it's 250 to 300 vp in less than an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Are thet really still complaining about dailies? I get easily 1000 vp in 3 days on 3 different toons without doing a single daily quest right now: 1 HC scenario, 1 HC dungeon, and 1 scenario per day, it's 250 to 300 vp in less than an hour...
    Exactly! Just H scenario, daily CM, a LFR of the wings you still need gear or legendary quest items, a dungeon, and you're capped in 2 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    Exactly! Just H scenario, daily CM, a LFR of the wings you still need gear or legendary quest items, a dungeon, and you're capped in 2 days.
    I capped two toons yesterday, and I did 5 dailies (Tillers) and I only did those because I was waiting in the LFR q.

I much much prefer the current model to say the 4.3 model, variety is a good thing imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Sound yes, music no. I usually disable the music in games because it gets repetitive and annoying.

The Runestone change is good(and one I came up with/advocated). I get about 1 per week so now it will probably still be 1 per week but only from Lei Shen. But at least you know youll get one.
    For me its music in certain zones only. There are just some zones where the music is the best part.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account

Two weeks later:

...because they aren't actually changing what the feature is going to be?

It's not a U-turn in design... if anything, it's a change in the way they're saying stuff.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Honestly, the people giving grief to GC over Twitter are exaggerating and giving the most absolute scenarios that aren't true at all. Hyperbole is an angry WoW player's best friend.

Blizzard needs to stop replying to the whining posts in their forums. Its completely pointless, some people will complain about anything and there's nothing you can do but ignore them. Its a sign of the crappiness of the community that's existed since launch day - just ignore them, they'll always exist!

Same with GC's unannouced 5.4 change. He's trying to ramp down the hype, and all he's getting in responce is abuse. If he didn't, he'd get abuse for overhyping something (even though he didn't). It would be Hearthstone all over all (which ironically people are now excited for).

Reading over the blue tweets, not sure if they are old or recent, the community sure are a spoiled bunch of brats.

The poll should ask do you play with MUSIC on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azax24 View Post
    I really hate this community, i mean seriously, from the first time GC mentioned it, he said it was small, nothing major.
    Wrong. Someone asked "Cataclysm's big feature was transmogging. What will be this expansions biggest feature?" And GC replied "It's still coming, in 5.4 most likely" or something like that.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

There's difference between game sound and game MUSIC which the article was about. Poll missleading

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted Russell Brower to do an interview about his music.. he is a great composer and I hope he will continue making music for Blizzard.
    I always play with both sound and music on and always will :P