Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah the poll should definitely be about music. I can't understand people who never listen to the music, they're missing out so much on game immersion IMO, but whatever floats their boat.

And I don't even know how people could play without the sound. I mean... boss abilities ? Stealth sound ? Aggro voices ?

I play new content with sound but LFR, dailies, etc I usually listen to podcasts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helrizen View Post
    You need to make a new poll, one where it has

do you play with:
    In game sound and in game music

In game sound without music

No in game sound or music
    EXACTLY. I play with the sound on, but turn off the music and the error speech. In game sound is not the same as the music.

Deleted
    42% play without sound? Really? That number would be ridiculoushly high even if it only concerned the music and not the effects.

Patch 5.4 Unannounced Feature - Could it be... That they allow Horde and Alliance players grouping (LFR only, thought) together to bring down Garrosh??? It's something that bothers me since MoP, lore wise. And for sure, it will be awesome (maybe not, knowing how bad community Wow has).

I don't understand the big argument about valor points. They have a fairly low weekly cap and a ton of ways to get them. the tons of dailies helps you complete them quicker (not as much player overlap) and you can do LFR and your daily dungeon/scenario. They could just remove the valor points from completing a daily, if people have their panties in a bunch over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azax24 View Post
    The 5.4 feature was not knifed in the belly, cut, removed, ANYTHING.

I really hate this community, i mean seriously, from the first time GC mentioned it, he said it was small, nothing major.
    He did later. In his first post it was put in the same category as lfg and lfr.
    But if he really is so discontent with the speculation, he could simply reveal what it is.

I play with sounds on, ambient sounds off, and music off. Usually have a movie or a Twitch stream running on one of my other monitors.

Deleted
    From their answers it would seem that the feature was needed to rush the next expansion out, thus cut from mop.

But the original question still stands: What MoP feature will change the game as much as LFD/LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with ambiance on and music off. I find sound is important and dunno how people play without it lol, especially in PvP since there aren't any bossmods available yet to make a loud ding noise when there's a stealthed rogue near by.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of when one of the GM's of Blizzard told us not to be excited about Diablo 3. Well, he was quite right about that in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    But if he really is so discontent with the speculation, he could simply reveal what it is.
    The suspense keeps people subbed
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play with sound and music on some times, depends on the situation. If I'm just farming, I have them both off.

You know, GC started the snowball effect by not saying it was something small.
    They know how many react like they do, to something like that.

I really hate this community, i mean seriously, from the first time GC mentioned it, he said it was small, nothing major.

then this freaking community goes and is like ITS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING GAME CHANGING FEATURE AND IF ITS NOT WELL SCREW BLIZZARD THEY MUST NOT HAVE PREPARED IT IN TIME.

They are litterally blaming blizzard, for them not reading what blizzard said, and creating theyre own hype, its so damned stupid.
    This is so dead wrong it's not even funny. Someone said "We had Transmog and LFR in Cata, what is MoPs big feature that will have a "huge impact" and Ghostcrawler said , "it isnt out yet " or something like that. If they didnt expect it to be something big like LFR he wouldn't of just made a remark of confirmation, he could of taken care of the question immediately by saying there was no such feature OR we have many smaller features not just one big one because we want people to have a variety of things to do (just using the usual blizzard word vomit as an example)

As much as I hate 1/2 of the community, you need the facts before you spew bullshit out of your mouth.
    Last edited by zaneosak; 2013-06-06 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does it seem that what people want is the same thing? Man Blizz moderators must be doing their best to not say "Will you shut up about quests already I am sick and tired of everybody going over and over about the same damn thing". Every update that MMOchamp posts with blue posts in it has the same exact complaint from what I am seeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome interview!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It’s the role of music to support and immerse, not to say “hey, listen to me!” We’ve actually failed if the music is calling too much attention to itself.
    Vale music fits that description, that's why I replaced it. It's just too aggressive for a place where you stand around for hours.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    On The Burning Crusade, Derek Duke did this wonderful music for the Draenei. It was very pastoral, to represent the shimmering, glowing crystals that power their homes. It’s almost spiritual music.
    Ooh yes... I'm still addicted to that music after 6 years.... So addicted that I replaced the vales music with these pieces. ^^

10+ Year Old Account

then this freaking community goes and is like ITS GOING TO BE AN AMAZING GAME CHANGING FEATURE AND IF ITS NOT WELL SCREW BLIZZARD THEY MUST NOT HAVE PREPARED IT IN TIME.

They are litterally blaming blizzard, for them not reading what blizzard said, and creating theyre own hype, its so damned stupid.
    Yepp, I agree, I just wish those people would leave they hype up everything & dumb people believe it. This is the reason why they don't say anything in the first place.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Not to mention ALL the things they said afterwards as well in various different interviews:

- It's something we often spoke about
    - People seem to like running old content, this will fall in line with that
    - It's going to give people a lot of new content to do
    - It's going to offer an alternative way of progressing your character

Tranq shot my ass... sounds more like they scrapped their plans for it and are now pretending they never intended on releasing anything, trying to blame it -once again- on the community (to make it more toxic than it already is), instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.
    Dats your speculation, yet it doesn't mean that is what it is or was. The Community is toxic itself & the only way it can be fixed is if those people who make it toxic leave. All these dam whiners are the main reason the community sucks donkey, demanding everything without any effort, refusing to learn anything to get better.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-06-06 at 12:34 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yepp, I agree, I just wish those people would leave they hype up everything & dumb people believe it. This is the reason why they don't say anything in the first place.
    Aye. I think they saw that and were afraid of huge post hype disappointment.
    So they rather put a stop to it right now instead of letting the build up continue.

I'd imagine the reason for so many 'unrealistic expectations' surrounding 5.4 is due to how numerous features have been promised and cut over the years and many players convinced themselves that 5.4 would bring them back.