Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about that whole thing is so full of troll and awful that I can't even look at it.
    There is a recent one where the priest is only like 2/12 normal, but I have seen other disc priests in the past make similar posts. You just have to shake your head and laugh at it really or yea not look.

The battle.net wow forums really just are not worth trying to give meaningful feedback the majority of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    There is a recent one where the priest is only like 2/12 normal, but I have seen other disc priests in the past make similar posts. You just have to shake your head and laugh at it really or yea not look.
    Mr. "This isn't my main account even so stop judging me" guy, yeah, that's the one.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I looked at battle net today (healer, ptr, and paladin forums), and I didn't see any thread discussing how lackluster our set pieces are, nor for that matter did I see any posts which discuss class imbalance that showed our weaknesses.
    I did see a few posts that still say that we're OP, which is kind of funny.
    Wish I could post from work
    A lot of Holy Paladins have no understanding of Holy Paladin mechanics, and the wow forums is usually a bad source of information anyway. When looking at set bonuses people see 10% Holy Radiance, 4% more mastery, -45 sec Divine Favor and don't really see the mechanics that make them so poor. Even in Method a lot of healers(who have paladin alts) thought the Holy Paladin set bonuses were really good at the start until i explained how bad they were.

As for the Mastery being OP post on the US healing forum. I 100% agree with it. Paladin mastery is stupidly overpowered and should by all means be nerfed further. The 16.(6)% nerf it got feels already too little when you have 40%+ IH again. Its just that we're at the point that without a stupidly overpowered mechanic like it we wouldn't outheal tanks. Its easy to hate on 50% of healing done by mastery. Its not easy that when trying to fix that you keep the class above tank hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    As for the Mastery being OP post on the US healing forum. I 100% agree with it. Paladin mastery is stupidly overpowered and should by all means be nerfed further.
    I feel like this is the equivalent of saying "Resto druid HoTs are stupidly overpowered" - well yes, our mastery is stupidly powerful because it's all we have as far as throughput goes.

I'm sure most paladins would take another nerf to our mastery if we actually got something else useful in it's place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The post I mentioned and the ones like are stupid because they just say our mastery is OP and to nerf more without any compensation because "Paladins are OP" and don't need it. If those players got their way we wouldn't be viable.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-06-18 at 06:40 PM.

I feel like the echo chamber that is the bnet forums is so convinced that holy paladins, in their current state, are so grossly overpowered that any suggestion that we're not perfect will be shouted down so thoroughly that the effort to make the post will at best be fruitless and at worst masochistic in the extreme.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    The latest changes are making me facepalm even more.
    The only change that's reasonable is removing the 50% MS from Divine Plea, which stopped making sense the moment they nerfed it from 1 min,25% total mana in Cataclysm anyway.

The nerf to EF, hell ANY nerf is something our class cannot afford at this point. The Sanctified Wrath and Selfless Healer changes are just pointless. Wish the guy in charge of monks would take us instead and we could get whichever dev is in charge of palas fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just...don't even. That Eternal Flame nerf. What. Why why why, what are they giving us on our tier bonus that is suddenly making Eternal flames initial heal such an offence? Because that's... utterly inexplicable, I'm trying to rationalize it in my mind, usually I'm really good at accepting nerfs as they come and making do but that...

Surely not. Surely this is someone having a laugh with numbers and dicking about with the PTR notes to drive drama up.

So...I mean it's not really going to change much how we heal... since no raid teams really need to have a 'designated tank only healer' unless the fight demands a split up of the team... So no one is going to take Word of Glory. Ever. And even then the hots passing through beacon of light are a bigger benefit than having 1 big heal every so often. I just don't understand this change unless they plan to go back on the last nerfs they pulled on us.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Did they basically just wipe out that tier as a hps tier for Holy? SS is a cooldown now. Does the EF nerf make it weaker than WoG as a direct heal now? I don't understand the mindset. I was ok with being pulled away from EF play but not without some compensation which is not evident.

SS is now basically a single 150k shield every 2 minutes. Ridiculous. From a shield that absorbed 40k every 5 seconds. And nerfed EF actually weakens WoG as a burst heal on the raid. Beyond reason.

(we can thank the rets pvp bitching for the SS change)
    Last edited by Pasture; 2013-06-19 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    30% nerf to EF and SS has been nerfed too. It looks like selfless healer will be the best option (yes that talent is a joke too).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    30% nerf to EF and SS has been nerfed too. It looks like selfless healer will be the best option (yes that talent is a joke too).
    I thought they didn't want to bring back holy pallies judging on CD and now they do? Bleh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Did they basically just wipe out that tier as a hps tier for Holy? SS is a cooldown now. Does the EF nerf make it weaker than WoG as a direct heal now? I don't understand the mindset. I was ok with being pulled away from EF play but not without some compensation which is not evident.
    Yes the initial EF heal has been nerfed essentially, not the Hot...

But...what would that change? No one is going to take Word of Glory over it. It was a huge risk putting a hot into the Holy paladin toolset and I don't think they realized (or at least didn't think it through well enough) that it'd be basically ridiculous for us combined with the Mastery buff and Beacon of Light.

Word of Glory is just a straight heal, sadly we've got that all covered when burning our mana on flash of light, Holy light or divine light a 'free short heal' doesn't really compete on fights where the entire raid is taking fast pace damage that tanks of yesteryear would balk at, we're going to hot or throw a short blanket heal (LoD). We're obviously going to opt for the skill that makes us the most versatile and the most competitive. Especially with every healing class being able to do nearly everything these days and us having no discernible 'heal lots-raid cool down'.

It's baffling to say the least and it's a little late in the expansion to say 'woah now sonny paladins, you're supposed to be TANK healerz ain't ye? Well lets just make it a tad clearer for ya...'

And I don't think making EF worse was the solution, you should have made Sacred Shield and Selfless healer better. As it is now all those talents are kinda sucktastic.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-06-19 at 11:30 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I'm actually speechless...

Deleted
    Either we do something and grab our pichforks and figth to stop this ridiculous changes like the locks did with their nerfs or they will go ahead and just ruin our spec completly..

They never actualy look at the EU forums(were im from) but u guys from the us server start making some noise.. this changes simply cant go live.. After the mastery nerf they bring even more nerfs when everyother class are getting buffed..

I have to agree with mcbubble, totally speechless. Why change that...

10+ Year Old Account
    More caving to the crybabies doing LFR and normal modes they outgear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Either we do something and grab our pichforks and figth to stop this ridiculous changes like the locks did with their nerfs or they will go ahead and just ruin our spec completly..

They never actualy look at the EU forums(were im from) but u guys from the us server start making some noise.. this changes simply cant go live.. After the mastery nerf they bring even more nerfs when everyother class are getting buffed..
    You do notice that some people do make tweets to GC asking about holy and he ignores them, yet he responds to every single lock qq tweet. Unless someone from a top guild actually posts I doubt he will pay attention. They are too busy listening to the forums cry about our absorbs to think we actually have issues. And the US forums...go read Lucy's last post. That sums it up.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-06-20 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I'm actually speechless...
    Mistweavers got buffed. Booya! XD

Seriously though? Paladins are going to be pretty fucked next patch if nothing changes, drastically.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...00000000111111
    Buff Druids/Monks/Priests
    Nerf Pallies
    . . .

Please refrain from posting meme or meme-like images. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-06-20 at 01:29 PM.

Mcbubble there's another thread on these nerfs, but yeah I'm in the same place. This is just... wow.

And selfless healer is worthless shit so long as it's judgement. Might as well not take a fucking talent. Why in fuck's name would I judge to get a little better DL/Flash (which isn't even that good anyway) instead of just casting another heal... seriously?!

The only way they could redeem themselves is to give judgement a holy power generation or to have it heal somehow.
    But they'd never do that.