[Resto] Healing tide totem or Ancestral guidance

After 5.3 and seeing our main throuput cooldown htt is nothing compared to the other healing classes cooldown priest hymn, monks revival and druids tranquility, i have tested yesterday ancestral guidance in resto shamans supposed "niche" fights ( Megaera and Iron Qoon )

I was already using it for megaera, but I didn't use it till yesterday for Iron Qoon and it worked pretty fine.

You can find my logs from yesterday here to check the usage of AG:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...m/healingDone/

what do you think resto shaman community? Do you think it is worthy changing htt for AG in most of fights, but those that got too much movement such as Durumu or lei shen?

I will test it out next reset in other fights as Jinrohk and council that i think I can get more benefit from it than in Tortos for example.

You can't really compare HTT with hymn and tranq those are channeled. HHT you just drop and get free healing while you can still do other stuff. I don't think it is a real game changer if you swap those talents. Prob on fights where you have to move a lot HTT would be better.

A lot of it is going to depend on whether you have the mana to dump into maximizing Ancestral Guidance, and whether burning that much mana will impact your performance negatively during the rest of the fight. AG can come close to HTT in terms of overall throughput (and sometimes beat it if the 2 minute CD lines up better with when you would want to use it), but it also requires using a huge amount of mana to get the most of it, while HTT is a trivial mana cost, and a fire and forget spell. HTT will pull ahead unless you are in a situation where your regen is so high that the extra mana being burned is irrelevant. Also, AG requires the raid to be stacked and pretty much requires you to be able to be stationary and turret for its' duration to get the most out of it, so it would be terrible on fights like H Lei Shen, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    A lot of it is going to depend on whether you have the mana to dump into maximizing Ancestral Guidance, and whether burning that much mana will impact your performance negatively during the rest of the fight. AG can come close to HTT in terms of overall throughput (and sometimes beat it if the 2 minute CD lines up better with when you would want to use it), but it also requires using a huge amount of mana to get the most of it, while HTT is a trivial mana cost, and a fire and forget spell. HTT will pull ahead unless you are in a situation where your regen is so high that the extra mana being burned is irrelevant. Also, AG requires the raid to be stacked and pretty much requires you to be able to be stationary and turret for its' duration to get the most out of it, so it would be terrible on fights like H Lei Shen, etc.
    AG is really good on certain fights like Qon and Meg....I also use on horridon so I have something for every dire call. I Also like to take elemental Mastery and really give it some oomph when needed. Also AG works really well with the meta gem since you get free healing surges that will probably crit and copy a whole ton of healing to the raid....another reason to use Elemental mastery with AG....youre more likely to proc the meta with it as well

thanks for your feedback guys. Got to agree it will suck for H Lei Shen. Need to test it in fights like Horridon, Primordius and Dark Animus.

Deleted
    Why would you use AG on Iron Qon? I use it for Megaera because with everyone stacked up for rampages and the shorter cooldown it ultimately provides more throughput and cds line up rather nicely. For iron qon though the only damaging phases are p1 and the final phase. With the 3 dogs up you can't stack up so again limited use and will only typically get 1 use off after they are down. Tide surely is nicer here, with 3 groups spread in p1 and all. If you could get 2 uses out of it during the final phase then maybe it would provide more throughput overall but the first few fist smashes are weak anyway.
    Last edited by mmocb5f889089c; 2013-06-06 at 06:35 PM.

AG is more pure throughput than HTT, but much less flexible. it's really powerful when you can pop it after a boosted HR and spam heals until it runs out.

HTT is much better on fights with heavy movement because it has no positional requirements, doesn't care if people are moving, and only takes 1 GCD to get its full effect.

on meg, i prefer HTT any day since you're more likely to lose people during the head phase than the rampage, and HTT is far superior when running around like a maniac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    AG is more pure throughput than HTT, but much less flexible. it's really powerful when you can pop it after a boosted HR and spam heals until it runs out.

HTT is much better on fights with heavy movement because it has no positional requirements, doesn't care if people are moving, and only takes 1 GCD to get its full effect.

on meg, i prefer HTT any day since you're more likely to lose people during the head phase than the rampage, and HTT is far superior when running around like a maniac.
    Good point. AG will score higher on meters on Meg at least, but having MTT available for the last head phase will almost guarantee a kill.