Lycini + Torvan Hunters

This is ridiculous. Getting Glorified with these 2 reputations (which is pretty much necessary) takes forever. We're talking THOUSANDS of Great Hunt Rifts being completed. I've hit the Planarite cap 8 times over since hitting 60 and I'm still 15k until Glorified with Lycini and I'm 97k from Glorified with Torvan Hunters.

Is this some masochistic joke on part of Trion? Who finds this farm fun?

Annoys me. Making me want to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    This is ridiculous. Getting Glorified with these 2 reputations (which is pretty much necessary) takes forever. We're talking THOUSANDS of Great Hunt Rifts being completed. I've hit the Planarite cap 8 times over since hitting 60 and I'm still 15k until Glorified with Lycini and I'm 97k from Glorified with Torvan Hunters.

When one of my alts hit 60 I was 40k away from Glorified with Torvan, it takes less than a week of grinding. It's not so bad. The planarite can be spent on....hunt rifts to help you? Daily raid rifts? Also you get the chance at loot, it's really not the worst faction.

15+ Year Old Account

sir you will be thrilled to hear that with 2.3 torvan hunters gets yet another rank of their epic cape, which requires yet another rank of Rep, Venerated, which takes 90k after hitting glorified. (that said, im guessing dendrome content probably helps with torvan rep too)
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking THOUSANDS of Great Hunt Rifts being completed. I've hit the Planarite cap 8 times over since hitting 60 and I'm still 15k until Glorified with Lycini and I'm 97k from Glorified with Torvan Hunters
    Nearly every form of an MMORPG style game will have a Rep based "grind", obvious intent is to make you keep playing.

Suppose they had no Rep at all? people would probably get bored in less than a week with no goal or anything to look forward to. It's not all doom and gloom, when we tested the new feature, Strongholds, on the PTS earlier this week completing just one level 62 Stronghold gave 900 Torvan Rep.

Even if you weren't a Patron or didn't bother with popping Noteriety vials, that's a fair chunk of Rep and with Strongholds been the new shiny for a few weeks at least, there will be plenty of groups doing them. Mind, according to the Dev post we had 138 players on one Stronghold and the boss still wiped a few raid groups so they are difficult until people adjust to mechanics.

Saved the best for last, in 2.3 all Rep items will become Bind to Account (BtA) so even if you find the "grind" to be the best or worse feature once you reach Glorified/Venerated with Factions on your main char, you will be able to buy all the BiS essences, the best capes, the best runes, recipes et al and mail them to your alts.

Note, this doesn't mean Rep is account bound and shared like, say, Planar Attunement is. If you like all your Rep bars to show a nice, full green bar you wiill still have to gain the Rep on each alt seperately, but why bother? you'll get the items from one main char.

I would easily pay $100 to the cash shop if it gave me Venerated Torvan rep.

The Torvan Rep grind is pretty bad, took me a full two days of Great Hunt grinding. Thousands of Great Hunts is an exaggeration, at most it will take ~400-450, less if you do the questline and daily quests. When I did it I was getting 6-7k rep per hour.

Venerated in 2.3 is another 90k rep, but it's going to be much easier since you can buy +80% rep vials which added to Patron +15% base means it's only effectively ~40k. Even less if you have Marks of Notoriety saved up, personally I have enough for ~35k rep to turn in the day 2.3 drops. If I wasn't going to be hitting the new 10m the second servers come up I could probably hit Venerated in ~4 hours. But I've been preparing for weeks.

The over long leveling from 50-60 and lazy rep grinds were effectively the ruination of Rift in Storm Legion.

It's a pretty shallow and transparent grind. A hard grind at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The over long leveling from 50-60 and lazy rep grinds were effectively the ruination of Rift in Storm Legion.

It's a pretty shallow and transparent grind. A hard grind at that.
    I'm no stranger to shallow, mindless, soul crushing grinds. Grinding Timbermaw reputation back in vanilla and grinding reputation for 'The Insane' as two examples. Compared to these two reputation grinds though (and I didn't find 50-60 that hard, my /played when I hit 60 was 2 days 23 hours) have made me quit the game. It's absolutely infuriating. You get 3 REPUTATION with Torvan for powering up a conduit in GHRs. What a joke. I described Rift (at 60) to my boyfriend as "the worst best game ever" - why? I love rift's leveling system. I love the interactivity with the world. The invasions are cool, repetitive but a lot of fun while levelling and the instant adventures are awesome but the game is all about grinding and soul crushing experiences at max level.