Resto, Cenarian ward?

Hey folks, first off, not a druid, I'm posting for my brother, who is a main spec resto and my raid group's healer. We were doing a heroic scenario and he put a cenarian ward up on me and I noted it was healing for some fairly hefty numbers, and commented that maybe he should try it in resto (was a boomkin for the scenario) . I did some research for him, but all i can find is that it is "situational" (elitist jerks) or just not mentioned. ...Is it really that bad? Why is it not more popular?

Just curious what makes nature's swiftness so much more appealing than it?

Thanks.

Resto is already the king of HoTs, between Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, and Regrowth, plus Swiftmend, Wild Growth and Tranquility for AoE HoTs. Adding an additional HoT is superfluous. Where the spec needs a little extra oomph is in burst healing, and that's what Nature's Swiftness provides.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-06-06 at 06:42 PM.

i wouldn't recomment cenarions ward, i never use it anywayz ... nature's swiftness is a nice "OH SHIT" button.

Deleted
    Because druids already have 284 HotS, but very few panic buttons. NS is a panic button we need, CW is a HoT we don't need.

I've changed to CW last week and find it quite amusing and contributing to my overall heals, they've changed it it is much better now, I use it on the tank pull and it immediately starts working unlike other hots, also it has a short CD. I suggest experimenting with it to find out if you like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of time, it takes Cenarion Ward around 4 seconds or so to heal for the same amount Nature's Swiftness-Healing Touch heals for. In a situation where getting that amount of healing on the tank in less then 4 seconds is the difference between the tank dieing/living, you'll need Nature's Swiftness.

Now, sure, its pretty good for farm content- its the most mana efficient HoT of all the druids arsenal, it heals for quite a large amount, and isn't that prone to overhealing given that it needs damage to work. And, unless I am mistaken, its the only choice out of all 3 that scales with haste, meaning that you can gear for it to give even MORE healing per use then the other two (Renewal scales with HP only, and is really useless for PvE resto. Nature's Swiftness scales with spellpower, like most heals, mastery, and crit, but not haste, whereas cenarion ward scales with mastery, crit, haste, and spellpower. Unless I am gravely mistaken)

But yea, its pretty good for throughput healing on fights where you don't need to worry bout tank deaths, or farm fights for HPS increasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In terms of time, it takes Cenarion Ward around 4 seconds or so to heal for the same amount Nature's Swiftness-Healing Touch heals for. In a situation where getting that amount of healing on the tank in less then 4 seconds is the difference between the tank dieing/living, you'll need Nature's Swiftness.

Now, sure, its pretty good for farm content- its the most mana efficient HoT of all the druids arsenal, it heals for quite a large amount, and isn't that prone to overhealing given that it needs damage to work. And, unless I am mistaken, its the only choice out of all 3 that scales with haste, meaning that you can gear for it to give even MORE healing per use then the other two (Renewal scales with HP only, and is really useless for PvE resto. Nature's Swiftness scales with spellpower, like most heals, mastery, and crit, but not haste, whereas cenarion ward scales with mastery, crit, haste, and spellpower. Unless I am gravely mistaken)

But yea, its pretty good for throughput healing on fights where you don't need to worry bout tank deaths, or farm fights for HPS increasing.
    But I Rejuv has higher HPM and HPET than CW, and I heared that CW always has 3ticks.

I have just tested CW it just healed 54000X3 (and doesn't modified by our mastery...)
    While my rejuv has 6 ticks, with T15 4pieces a tick heals for 30000+ on average

It's another HoT spell that's best used on the tanks. If you find you don't really need NS then there's no harm in another HoT if you want it. No one can either say it's bad or it's good because what spell you want between them completely depends on your style of healing and your healing role inside your raid.

Inferior HPCT, HPM, less burst, and a special condition to activate the healing is not a convincing argument to choose a talent no matter what your role or style is.

It depends what tanks you have and what boss you do.

NS for boss where tanks get high burst.
    Renewal is a o shit heal.
    CW is the thing you use when you dont need the other two.

But NS is far stronger imo than CW. CW is just a hot you will almost never save anyone with that hot. NS is far better, you can save you tanks or someone else with it. Maybe you can get higher hps with CW but if you heal a tank with NS almost full and save him its better.

Only fight I've done on heroic in ToT so far where I would consider CW is Ji-kun and that's only if you're one of the most mobile nest healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    And, unless I am mistaken, its the only choice out of all 3 that scales with haste, meaning that you can gear for it to give even MORE healing per use then the other two (Renewal scales with HP only, and is really useless for PvE resto. Nature's Swiftness scales with spellpower, like most heals, mastery, and crit, but not haste, whereas cenarion ward scales with mastery, crit, haste, and spellpower. Unless I am gravely mistaken)
    A short test with SotF, and by simple casting a direct heal would have yielded: CW doesn't scale with either haste or mastery.

You use NS-Regrowth because of the higher heal glyphed vs NS-Healing Touch. In addition the free cost of NS vs CW makes NS a stronger pick with CW costing a little more than a RJ and a hefty 30 second CD or at most a 20% uptime an expensive additional HoT for tank healing. LB with OoC procs for glyphed RG should be sufficient for most of your sustained tank healing.

Its more of a tanking/boomkin heal then it is a resto heal. As people have mentioned already you have enough spells to juggle without throwing another one into the mix. With NS you not only get the benefit of an instant cast and FREE regrowth/healing touch, you also get an instant/free rebirth, roots, hibernate, cyclone, etc. CW has its uses (it works well on fights where there is steady raid damage and almost no spike damage like Garalon) but NS giving a free instant cast spell is pretty hard to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    Its more of a tanking/boomkin heal then it is a resto heal. As people have mentioned already you have enough spells to juggle without throwing another one into the mix. With NS you not only get the benefit of an instant cast and FREE regrowth/healing touch, you also get an instant/free rebirth, roots, hibernate, cyclone, etc. CW has its uses (it works well on fights where there is steady raid damage and almost no spike damage like Garalon) but NS giving a free instant cast spell is pretty hard to top.
    I only use CW if I solo old content, its totaly bullshit for tanks, and renewal is a much better choice for boomkins aswell. Its not like the palatank sacred shield which sclaes with vengeance, CW only scales with SP, not with haste or mastery.

The GCD of CW is not worth it a rejuv heals more, and makes your shrooms better. If you have 4p, CW will get even worse.

NS is the way to go for restro, you have hots already, you have migh of ursoc as a oh shit heal/hpgain so renewal not as good since if you glyph MoU you will get 50% hp so a 50% heal. So with NS skilled you have everything to survive or keep you players alive.