Poll: Out of 2pac, Eminem, and Biggy who do you prefer?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Music] 2pac, Eminem, or Biggy. Who do you think was the better rapper?

There's always a conflict when it comes to whos the best rapper alive, but it's pretty much accepted that Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z, Big Pun, 2pac, Big L, and Biggy were the greatest rappers to ever live. When it comes down to lyrics, flow, and impact on the genre it's usually Em, Big and 2pac chosen from those few I listed that are named.

When it comes to Big, Eminem, and Tupac Shakur, who do you think was the better rapper/songwriter/over all artist and also WHY? In my opinion 2pac was. Three classic albums in a row (Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, Makaveli) and his influence on rap is still alive today. He touched on alot more subject matters then BIG and Em although you could make an argument that it was because BIG's career was alot shorter. Eminem had classic albums too, but even as a die hard Em fan I have to say that Relapse and Encore were pretty bad and hurt his legacy. Also it's cool he loves his daughter but damn, he makes so many songs about her it's almost like he uses it to sucker people in with emotions. Recovery was a great album at the time but it doesn't have classic replay value like Ready To Die or All Eyez On Me have 15 years later. Also 2pacs work ethic was light years ahead of BIG's. When BIG died he had not even 12 unreleased songs which only 3-4 of them were actually good. 2pac on the other hand had over 200 songs done unreleased at the time of his death. Classic records like Changes, Unconditional Love, and Until The End of Time were throwaway songs he never intended to release yet became huge hits.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-06-06 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    I don't listen to rap at all. But I only heard Eminem so I am going to vote for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those listed are really any good. The culture that those rappers perpetuate is shit. If people would take the time and look for good rappers you would find plenty. Mos Def, K-OS, Jurassic 5 (a group) all better then the ones you listed.

All 3 of them are definitely in my top 5, but I always revert back to the fact that there will NEVER be a rapper as eloquent (I know, hard to believe) as Tupac. They say Jay-Z (and others) stole Biggie's style, but you can't replicate Tupac's style and when he went hard it was an amazing (and sometimes scary) thing to witness. Everybody who gets into rap should take half a day and listen to as much Tupac as humanly possible. Maybe it won't be for you, but you'll know you're listening to a legend.

To be fair, I've probably listened to more Em than Pac or Biggie, but I will always put Pac #1.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    None of those listed are really any good. The culture that those rappers perpetuate is shit. If people would take the time and look for good rappers you would find plenty. Mos Def, K-OS, Jurassic 5 (a group) all better then the ones you listed.
    Aren't these more true Hip-hop than what most people classify as Rap?

I generally despise Rap, but even I have to admit that Eminem's verbal dexterity is impressive, as are some of his lyrics; certainly better than the other "bitch, hoes and fat asses" crap most rap songs are about.

Dr Dre ftw, maybe he wasn't the better rapper, but he has had alot of influence om the biz

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    There's always a conflict when it comes to whos the best rapper alive, but it's pretty much accepted that Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z, Big Pun, 2pac, Big L, and Biggy were the greatest rappers to ever live.
    Perhaps this is true if the person asked has no discernible interest in hip-hop.

Eminem is lightyears ahead as far as I'm concerned. I have to admit, I really don't like 2pac or biggy, at all. They got big because they did it first, not because they did it best. They were a couple of the earliest "mainstream" rappers, good or bad they're going to be popular because of it. I'd rather not listen to either of them, I don't think either one is particularly talented.

I'd encourage anybody in this thread to head over here, listen to actual Hip-Hop classics, then report back and say Hip-Hop is not some contest between Eminem, Jay-Z, Biggie, and 2pac.

Deleted
    None. I hate rap. But if I had to vote I'd say Eminem as he's really the only one I've ever listened to.

Though Tupac's a legend in his own right, and Eminem had a fairly spotty start in my opinion, in recent years, I've consistently been impressed by his skill. Not to mention he'll probably be remembered by future generations as the first white rapper that anyone ever actually took seriously. Prior to him, they were mostly gimmicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

They're artists, it's subjective.

I don't like rap generally but I like Eminem

Never liked Eminem. A couple ok songs here or there, but generally disliked him. Of the 3, Tupac easily. If I had to pick someone, I've probably start the debate with someone like Rakim or even Q-Tip. Also a huge fan of Gza and Inspecktah Deck from the Wu-Tang. As others have said, as "artists" it's hard to judge. I'm more of a fan of group cuts, as you get a really nice blend of the styles. Song of my all time favorite tracks were things like John Blaze from Pun or Headbanger by EPMD, and though less impressed with solo albums from people like Jadakiss though I enjoyed him as part of The Lox.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I generally despise Rap, but even I have to admit that Eminem's verbal dexterity is impressive, as are some of his lyrics; certainly better than the other "bitch, hoes and fat asses" crap most rap songs are about.
    If you think all of Tupacs songs are about "bitch, hoes and fat asses" then you haven't listed to any of his lyrics.

I vote for Dan Bull http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJLr_O6lhrY

On topic: 2pac >>> Biggy >>> Eminem.

Eminem lost his charm after 90's and he's just an average guy-who-hip-hop-for-money-because-he-need-gas-for-his-vip-car as all rap scene right now. The moment art/creativity become funded by sales/awards/platinum disks/other stuff this art become useless.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-06-07 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can appreciate tupac but Martial's words resonated with more people and he had the balls to say things others didn't and i respect him for that. He took the shit/heat from scandals like a champ and only made good music from it. I don't like every song he ever released but the more serious songs are still relevant today and can

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i can appreciate tupac but Martial's words resonated with more people and he had the balls to say things others didn't and i respect him for that. He took the shit/heat from scandals like a champ and only made good music from it. I don't like every song he ever released but the more serious songs are still relevant today and can
    Did you mean to say Marshall?

Eminem by far.

While Tupac and BIG were good they have been over rated. Tupac was better than BIG in terms of having more depth to his songs. But if you look at their time I would say NaS was better than them both but less popular (and he didn't die in the middle of a huge conflict that so many people took seriously).

I would say Eminem is in a league of his own when it comes to lyricism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post

I would say Eminem is in a league of his own when it comes to lyricism.
    Couldn't disagree more. Out of this list it's all about tupac.
    Aside from the list if you want lyrical rap with a message I couldn't stress enough how good Immortal Technique is. Only problem I have with him is the verses are sometimes underdeveloped or he throws in something juvinile that could have been worked better.