Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

New Raid Difficulty.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-raid-preview/

If this was the big 5.4 announcement then I now understand why GC said this wont live up to the hype.

yeah is it a big deal, deserved all the hype lol

15+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a pretty huge change to the face of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's actually a pretty huge change to the face of raiding.
    Not really. I thought the 'game changing' announcement was actually going to be game changing... But yeah, if this is their big announcement GC hyped it up a lot more than it needed to be hyped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is huge for guilds that were 10 man raid groups but grew. This lets everyone get in on it while working towards 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about a scaling by player system about a month ago, looks like Blizzard was thinking the same thing.

GC said it wouldn't live up to the hype because it's a big change for a subsection of the playerbase, a lot of people will LOVE this, and a lot of people will not give a shit about it's existence. The problem is that when GC mentioned "big change in 5.4" the rumour mill went into overdrive with heaps of people speculating various things related and sometimes completely unrelated to what the actual change would end up being, so expectations had to be curbed.

While this doesn't affect my main, I would love this for my alts, also should be a shit simple way to fill in gear slots for normal/heroic raiders without having to deal with LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like a really useful feature for my guild- I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's going to be pretty cool with it not sharing a lockout. I imagine this will be pretty great to run separately with friends or your guild. Very nice for gearing alts as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Not really. I thought the 'game changing' announcement was actually going to be game changing... But yeah, if this is their big announcement GC hyped it up a lot more than it needed to be hyped up.

It allows anyone to raid who doesn't necessarily like LFR but isn't competent enough to do normal mode. Dynamic up to 25 players as well. People despised 25 man big raids which is why 10 mans were created. So this in theory would bring back casual raiding without forcing people to suffer with assholes in LFR.

Well this is a great change, an answer to everything, more raid lockouts and also a bit easier raids for friend, family type guilds.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2013-06-07 at 01:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The people in between normals and heroic who think LFR should be removed will probably hate this. But they hate everything as it is.

I'm surprised about all the positives and no real negatives about this new system they are putting out (unless you count hardcore raiders feeling like they have to do this raid because it is a means of progression - though I don't really count that as one personally).

Pretty cool on Blizzard's part. They usually like to have stupid restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love how tactfully they avoided calling it "easy mode".
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

By the way I laughed at the "between LFR and normal" item level. Have fun earning gear on par with heroic scenarios in 5.4.

Laughing. So. Hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The only thing what ilvl its gonna drop? something between Normal and LFR?
    Yes, and it counts toward raiding achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually pretty nice.
    I'm glad to see this.

Sure we were expecting other random things, but this is a nice touch.
    Will help me finally be able to raid with my friends who play that just aren't able to keep up with Normal (Yes, they are pretty bad) and Heroic.
    I just hope a fourth color pallet to armour doesn't mean it lacks lack it has in the past couple of tiers.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Great, now we have 3 raid modes to run on our alts. Basically ToC with more bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Great, now we have 3 raid modes to run on our alts. Basically ToC with more bosses.
    It's on the personal loot system and it's won't be available week 1 (or probably week 2), so it's impact on the world first race is minimal. We won't see Blood Legion do 6x "Flexible mode" raids in addition to 6x Normal mode raids week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    That was my first reaction, this is such a dissapointment, lfr is already enough back at dragonsoul.

I think this is gonna be a test for next expansion, i wont be suprised if 10 and 25's dissapear and they will make 1 setting that scales with a normal and heroic mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's on the personal loot system and it's won't be available week 1 (or probably week 2), so it's impact on the world first race is minimal. We won't see Blood Legion do 6x "Flexible mode" raids in addition to 6x Normal mode raids week 1.
    Its impact on people gearing up alts is huge however. Another grind to do each week.

My face while reading the entire post was pretty much
    Thought everything was great, awesome.

Then suddenly
    "This difficulty will not share lockout with LFR or Normal" and my face instantly changed into terror. I thought blizzard learned from ToC. Apparently not.